Final Fantasy Network

Final Fantasy Network (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/index.php)
-   Final Fantasy VIII (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Which party members do you prefer? (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3253)

Squall Lionheart 10-09-2007 09:16 AM

Which party members do you prefer?

Which party members do you have with you in battles?

Drake 10-09-2007 03:25 PM

Re: Which party members do you prefer?

Voted Zell/Irvine (like to use 'em for fights that are especially challenging). With Squall/Zell/Irvine I can rapidly cause major damage with their limit breaks. I also really, really like having Quistis in my active party cuz her Degenerator limit is VERY useful. And if you (more or less) never heal her when she's low on HP and give her the ability (Pre-empive?) that allows her to act before any foe or ally...extra deadly!

Zeromus_X 10-09-2007 05:55 PM

Zell and Quistis, for an extra person to beat up the enemy and a support character.

Spec Highwind 10-09-2007 06:45 PM

Zell & Irvine

P.S. I don't play FF8 for years and years

Squall Lionheart 10-10-2007 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drake
(Pre-empive?)

Do you mean Initiative?
Well in any case even Degenerator can miss at times...

Anyway, my choice would depend on the battle strategy needed, since everyone junctionned GFs depending on their basic stats to improve their strength. For example, I pick Rinoa and Zell when depending mostly on physical attacks and the party is still balanced when magic is needed, Rinoa and Selphie when using magic attacks...

Basically, the order of the choices is my priority...

Drake 10-10-2007 03:19 PM

Yup, that's what I meant. Pandemona's ability, Initiative. I know you can't always count on Degenerator, but in some places (for example) The Islands Closet To Heaven And Hell Initiative + Degenerator + keeping Quistis at low HP is deadly.

dappa 10-10-2007 08:14 PM

i've only seen degenerator miss on enemies which are immune to spells like death. e.g bosses

As for the thread title i chose rinoa and zell mainly cause i can cause a lot of damage using those two through their limit breaks.

Squallsobsinaty 10-30-2007 07:44 AM

Zell & Irvine are the two best simply because zell can kick there asses just as quick as squall can.... & Irvine is also very cool bevause he can do shed loads of damage

Skye 11-26-2007 10:39 PM

def zell and irvine. i tried with irvine and rinoa but by the time you can actually use her squalls level is double hers.

blackstar 11-29-2007 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spec Highwind
Zell & Irvine

P.S. I don't play FF8 for years and years

Same here only mines Zell and Selphie
Just becuase they are my favorite characters :)

Quizastotl 03-23-2008 08:33 PM

Why on earth are you guys so keen on Irvine.. just because he's a guy? He' so boring! Quistis has a wip!

Leon 03-24-2008 05:10 AM

lol, wasn't intrested in him too much either, specialy cause he was the last to join the others!

Seyluv 04-08-2008 05:02 PM

Rinoa & Irvine cause Irvine a funny character and Rinoa the coolest girl to play as. Plus I'm so used to having them together. They both have the best style with Squall. :)

Haha and I love Irvine....he one of my top fav characters next to Seifer, Squall, and Edea.

Indigo Truth 04-14-2008 11:47 AM

Zell and Irvine. reason being, i dunno, just use them the most

I.T