Final Fantasy Network

Final Fantasy Network (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/index.php)
-   General FF Discussion (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Old versus New (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3769)

Doctor 05-27-2008 01:13 PM

Old versus New

And the best is...?

Old Final Fantasies (Final Fantasy I-IX, including Final Fantasy Tactics)
New Final Fantasies (Final Fantasy X-XII, including FFX-2, & Crystal Chronicles)

What do you guys think?

I say, nothing beats the classics.

blackstar 05-27-2008 04:07 PM

Re: Old versus New

I second that

kb-sama 05-27-2008 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doctor (Post 114607)
And the best is...?

Old Final Fantasies (Final Fantasy I-IX, including Final Fantasy Tactics)
New Final Fantasies (Final Fantasy X-XII, including FFX-2, & Crystal Chronicles)

What do you guys think?

I say, nothing beats the classics.

WOW you like Something OLD and 16-Bit?! *GASP*

But ya FF has Lost The Skill that made me love there new games

Spec Highwind 05-27-2008 05:01 PM

Old. Especially when you include 7 and 8 -> I recently noticed how perfect they were. Each Final Fantasy = one new world.

Final Fantasy 10 isn't bad, either...

And 11 gave me some hours of fun

Anyway, nothing beats the oldies, for sure.

Phoenix Flame 05-28-2008 12:51 AM

I prefer the old ones...with an exception being made for X. That's my all-time favorite <3

I haven't played most of the older FFs though...and I just started a gave of III...which should be interesting.

Seyluv 05-28-2008 04:55 AM

Square Soft lost its juice..I mean they still make good FF, but nothing compare to the old.

Well i think FFX was pretty good...but still all the old old FFs were super awesome. Especially my FF7 and FF6. :p

I do like the new ones, but they seem like ordinarily games now...Grandia series kicked their butt...no offensive

Grandia III is like a old FF...I still can't believe its a new game made in 07...its so good like many of the old RPG games...Like legend of Dragoon, Dragon warrior, Skies of Arcadia, etc.

Leon 05-28-2008 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmpressCrystal (Post 114675)
Square Soft lost its juice..

it wasnt squaresoft anymore :-/

the series' rating dropped in my eyes since square-enix era

Doctor 05-28-2008 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spec Highwind (Post 114632)
Old. Especially when you include 7 and 8 -> I recently noticed how perfect they were. Each Final Fantasy = one new world.

Final Fantasy 10 isn't bad, either...

And 11 gave me some hours of fun

Anyway, nothing beats the oldies, for sure.

7 and 8 were brilliant games. 9 was an accquired taste (which I had fortunately accquired to.) I believe that FFX was where the series reached it's peak, and then started it's slow decline. =P

Square as a developer is starting to decline in it's creativity, as well...take a look at this; http://www.destructoid.com/more-deta...ed-87774.phtml

So keep a lookout for more remakes, sequels and prequels of FF games, people! XP

Seyluv 05-28-2008 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 114676)
it wasnt squaresoft anymore :-/

the series' rating dropped in my eyes since square-enix era

I know that, I just didn't want to included the enix...it still the same right, just two companies combine well without the soft now.

Enix makes good games...after all they did make Dragon Warrior and the Grandia Series....its weird though...why the new Grandia so good, but yet none of the new FF match up to it and its same company now.:eek:

Spec Highwind 05-29-2008 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doctor (Post 114686)
7 and 8 were brilliant games. 9 was an accquired taste (which I had fortunately accquired to.) I believe that FFX was where the series reached it's peak, and then started it's slow decline. =P

I'll have to agree with that, even though it isn't my favourite.

Most of you probably didn't play it, but FFXI is an amazing MMORPG, really! Square was good at creating new worlds, right? Imagine that applied to an online game where you can choose your country, everything!

blackstar 05-29-2008 05:16 PM

No creativity or your fired! XD thats really sad though.

Doctor 05-30-2008 03:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spec Highwind (Post 114764)
I'll have to agree with that, even though it isn't my favourite.

Most of you probably didn't play it, but FFXI is an amazing MMORPG, really! Square was good at creating new worlds, right? Imagine that applied to an online game where you can choose your country, everything!

I would have loved to play FFXI, honestly, but I'm too poor to buy it and have a REALLY bad internet connection. So I can really only play it...in my dreams. <<

It might be a good idea for Square to continue in a MMORPG-type direction, I'm thinking. As long as they're steadily going downhill with console games, I don't see why not. XP

Spec Highwind 05-30-2008 10:06 AM

Well... I just played the first month, which is free xD

Demon_skeith 05-31-2008 12:26 AM

The new games are alright but they don't have what I loved in the old games. one thing I really miss is the ability to fly freely over the FF world. I really can't believe they took that out.

Phoenix Flame 05-31-2008 03:47 AM

Seconded. I can't stand the movement/exploring on the FF12 overworld ><