Final Fantasy Network

Final Fantasy Network (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/index.php)
-   General FF Discussion (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What is the saddest moment in Final Fantasy? (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3797)

ShadowHeart 06-25-2009 08:58 AM

Re: What is the saddest moment in Final Fantasy?

I don't know if it really classifies as a sad moment, but near the end of FFIX when Zidane realizes his purpose, and he walks away alone dismissing his friends to the tones of "You Are Not Alone", that really touched me for some reason. I still shiver when I hear that song :)

Other than that, the scene in FFX when Tidus fades away is definitely the saddest moment in any FF game in my opinion.

Leon 06-25-2009 09:56 AM

i can remember 1 or 2 moments that were sadder :rolleyes: (though those qualify pretty well), but i don wanna bring'em up for that same reajon (QUOTE: "that really touched me for some reason. I still shiver when I hear that song") ._.

Arkacia 06-27-2009 07:18 AM

The death of Aeris in FF7. I really liked the character and used her constantly my first time through the game. Was genuinely shocked when she was killed off, and stayed dead.

jedi geoff 07-01-2009 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowHeart (Post 119629)
I don't know if it really classifies as a sad moment, but near the end of FFIX when Zidane realizes his purpose, and he walks away alone dismissing his friends to the tones of "You Are Not Alone", that really touched me for some reason. I still shiver when I hear that song :)

same here, i even reset my ps1 after just to replay that bit, then promptly downloaded the song :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arkacia (Post 119661)
The death of Aeris in FF7. I really liked the character and used her constantly my first time through the game. Was genuinely shocked when she was killed off, and stayed dead.

its moments like these you need a phoenix down. hey why didnt they just use one of them on her?

Ewen The Knightfall 08-02-2009 06:55 AM

yea, i was pretty depressed in life, and i played ff7, and it WAS my life, and i always used her, and i actually shed some tears when she was killed, and the way cloud reacted to it, saying he didnt care about sephiroth and his whole plan and that he just cared for her. it was so touching

blackstar 08-02-2009 12:03 PM

I'm agreeing with the Cyan one.

Caster 08-03-2009 07:12 PM

I agree poor Cyan's wife and kid let alone the whole kingdom died...

"Death is nothing unless you see the place your going..."

rissole25 09-29-2009 02:40 AM

When Aeris died and Cloed put her in the water.

In my first FF7 save file, I had Aeris as one of the main characters I used in battle and then after she died I was like "I trained her for nothing" lol. Anyway I had to start a new game soon after that because I got lost in the snow and while I was trying to get out, I would die because I had one character in my team that wasn't strong enough to beat the enemies there lol...

ShadowHeart 01-10-2010 11:22 AM

I have a new first place sad moment (for me); the ending of Crisis Core. Man. I don't think a game will ever make me that sad again *shudders*.

clief101_ 01-11-2010 10:42 AM

aerith dying was a big moment for, so was zack's death.

another sad moment was wen zidane, vivi, garnet and steiner were being chased by the black waltz 3 and he destroyed sum of the ship and all of vivi's 'friends' fell over board....so sad