Final Fantasy Network

Final Fantasy Network (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/index.php)
-   Final Fantasy VII (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   FFVII, Dirge of Cerberus (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2024)

My hero Squall 12-01-2006 07:30 AM

FFVII, Dirge of Cerberus

Finally the release of the long awaited game, FFVII Dirge of Cerberus where now Vincent Valentine is the main character. I personally have not bought the game yet as it has not been released in Australia... But those of you who have bought it and played it, did you enjoy it? Is it worth buying? And rumour has it that it has a completely different battle technique to the other Final Fanstasy games?

Xartex 12-01-2006 07:41 AM

Re: FFVII, Dirge of Cerberus

I have not played it but I can tell you this, the "battle system" is shoot em' up.

Blaze 12-01-2006 11:50 AM

I have rent it and beat it and the battle system is first and third person

My hero Squall 12-03-2006 07:06 AM

How long did it take you to beat it? How many days?

Blaze 12-04-2006 11:42 AM

One day but i played it over and over. I had it for five days

Spec Highwind 12-04-2006 02:12 PM

I received it today as a birthday gift :P

My hero Squall 12-05-2006 09:21 AM

YOu lucky thing! Dont know when its supposed to be coming to Australia, anyone with any ideas and did you like the game when you played it?

ThroneofDravaris 12-05-2006 10:49 AM

I'm curious to see if it's as bad as everyone says it is but not curious enough that I would actually spend money on it.

So I probably won't play it.

Spec Highwind 12-06-2006 04:21 PM

Story-wise it seems really good. I think it's too easy, but I'm playing in normal mode, so...

It has some RPGish stuff... like using materia.

I really like the way you costumize your own weapon. :)

Blaze 12-08-2006 11:46 AM

Quote:

Quote by Spec
I really like the way you costumize your own weapon.

Yeah that is fun

dappa 12-08-2006 03:07 PM

Can someone tell me if you control more than one character? Do you have a party?

My hero Squall 12-08-2006 07:25 PM

Bought it yesterday...Haven't really played it long enough to form an opinion...Seems pretty good so far!! heaps of extras...

darkshadow2247 12-08-2006 09:30 PM

I heard it was major letdown. The gameplay is redundant and most the enemies are the same. But the cutscenes and storyline are good.

So I've heard...

Spec Highwind 12-09-2006 08:17 AM

The coolest thing is wandering around places you already know... like the Shinra Manor, in Nibelheim.

And yes, it's gameplay is poor.

Am I the only one noticing some similarities between DoC and Metal Gear Solid?
Sneak through the Deepground Soldiers?
Protect xxxxx WRO Soldier?

dirge_of_sephiroth 12-09-2006 07:41 PM

I rented it. Now I'm going to admit it wasn't perfect. But X-Play only giving it two stars irked me big time. They complained about the cutscenes being too long and that the story as a whole sucked. Well, sorry, but if you didn't like them you did have a X button skip option... I wouldn't pay $50 for it, but will get it when price lowers because I still do like it. Also I meelee attack more than shoot. That, I think, probably toughens up the gameplay if that's a concern.

And there's no party. Just Vince(and an unimportant jaunt with Cait Sith that Vince isn't in at all).

Phoenix Flame 12-10-2006 01:06 PM

Yeah...don't think I'll be buying this one...

My hero Squall 12-10-2006 07:51 PM

The graphics are awesome. I think its better than what I expected, battle system is hard to get used to.

Spec Highwind 12-10-2006 08:07 PM

Finished it.

I loved the graphics and the storyline.

and it seems to have some cool extra missions, after you beat the game...

dappa 01-05-2007 09:38 AM

I got this game for christmas and I am really enjoying it.

If you are the kind of person who dont like 3rd person shooting games and are expecting a final fantasy game, this aint the game for you.

If you like final fantasy and shooting games you should enjoy this. The graphics are cool and the story (what I've seen so far) is fairly ok.

I must admit I was expecting a traditional final fantasy game which followed on from final fantasy 7 and was a little disappointed about the battle system, but I went into the game with an open mind and have got right into it.

Yggdrasill 01-08-2007 07:19 PM

I have Dirge of Cerberus but haven't gotten that far into it yet.
The battle-system is kinda boring though as it's basically just the same thing over and over.
I hate games where you just fight enemies constantly without any exploration.

dappa 01-09-2007 08:43 AM

its a shame for this game you cant go around the world and explore it when you've completed an area or solve puzzles or speak to loads of people.

aurons spirit 01-18-2007 09:44 AM

i av conced it on ex-hard mode and got the ultimet wepon and got every thing there is to get on it and masterd them to the full

Hydra 01-18-2007 04:11 PM

Lol, it took me a while to figure out that the Toy Gun evolved into Ultima Weapon. =P Cost quite a pretty penny too.

I hated the extra missions after you beat the game. Especially Cait Sith versus Azul's Monster Form. -_-"

dappa 01-19-2007 10:24 AM

Wow I never knew that about the toy gun

ultimecia 01-27-2007 11:24 AM

i have bought it and its pretty good the battle syste is better than i thought it would be and i say it is worth buying

My hero Squall 02-15-2007 08:06 PM

HELL YES! Well I havent finished the game yet, but I must say the story of the game is heaps better than the battle system, its hard to get used to... OoOoh and Cloud is in the game! WOOT I love Cloud! Anyways... lol

Hydra 02-15-2007 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by My hero Squall
HELL YES! Well I havent finished the game yet, but I must say the story of the game is heaps better than the battle system, its hard to get used to... OoOoh and Cloud is in the game! WOOT I love Cloud! Anyways... lol

*PsSsSsSst*

Get the secret ending. =P

And the Toy Gun leveled up, to have an easy time. XD

I found the game boring after the third time through, but before that, it was great.

dappa 02-18-2007 11:37 PM

Didn't know their was a secret ending. How do you get it?

When I cleared the game Vincent had the death penalty weapon. But is this toy gun more stronger than it?

Griever 02-19-2007 12:15 AM

There's a secret ending?

The only thing i didn't like about the game is the fact that i wished it was longer.

But all in all, the game was very well made i thought.

Hydra 02-19-2007 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dappa
Didn't know their was a secret ending. How do you get it?

When I cleared the game Vincent had the death penalty weapon. But is this toy gun more stronger than it?

Find all the "G" reports.

And yes Dappa. I think so. It should be. O_o

Just keep the Toy Gun in your inventory until it lets you level it up. You'll have to level it several times, and it'll take a mass amount of Gil. =D

Anyway, after the "G" reports.

Then you get......

"Spoilers!"

Genesis, with his wing, and his Gackt CGI(XD) standing over Wiess, and saying some stuff.

That's about it really.

Da Chink 02-21-2007 01:20 AM

This Game=fun for 3 hours :D

My hero Squall 02-23-2007 05:13 AM

Haha, if you already finished the game and can't be bothered to replay it for the secret ending, go to www.youtube.com, all the secret endings there for all the games haha!

Gackt Camui 03-15-2007 11:38 AM

I didn't care for the game much. It was way to easy.

My hero Squall 03-19-2007 05:36 AM

I love the opening song, its rad! I like FFVII DOC, its got Cloud in it aswell! hehe

Gackt Camui 03-19-2007 12:30 PM

Yeah I like the opening song...I think besides Vincent being attractive. The music is the only thing the game has going for it.

My hero Squall 03-23-2007 12:04 AM

Hell yeah, I like the way Vincent looks, I haven't actually started the game, only my bf and I've watched him from time to time, I really want to play it but I want to finish FFVII first so I can understand more of the story. And yes there is a point!

Gackt Camui 03-23-2007 11:05 AM

Yeah that would probably be a good idea...understanding the story that is

Andrew Scaves 03-23-2007 12:19 PM

It was averagew to me, there were a lot of things it need to improve on.

Gackt Camui 03-23-2007 12:42 PM

Glad you think so...The game was boring.

My hero Squall 03-29-2007 10:45 PM

Music still rocks though, I have a favourite but its only in Japanese, can't find an English version, its called Redemption. IT ROCKS!