Final Fantasy Network

Final Fantasy Network (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/index.php)
-   Final Fantasy X-2 (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   I think that there should hav ebeen more playable charaters. (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1009)

Sephiroth_ette 04-21-2006 11:13 PM

I think that there should hav ebeen more playable charaters.

I really wanted to have like, ten characters to manipulate again. I love having all of those minions! Am I crazy? Please tell me I am not! :(

Zeromus_X 04-22-2006 12:09 AM

Re: I think that there should hav ebeen more playable charaters.

Yeah, it was kinda dissapointing. I do know that in FFX-2 International, there are more than just YuRiPa as playable characters.

Master Strife 04-25-2006 09:28 AM

I agree with you guys, there should have been more playable characters in the game i got bored of using the same old characters over and over again! i know that this is sexist but i also got fed up of using female characters all of the time!

Avathar 04-25-2006 03:08 PM

You're not being sexist, 'cause FFX-2 IS an all-girl thing, really. :)

dappa 01-16-2007 12:54 PM

this is a hard one for me cause having three characters to choose from eliminates having the worry in my mind that I'm neglecting my other characters development.

But at the same time I like loads of characters to choose from.

Harder fiends would've been nice too.

white mage 01-25-2007 02:50 PM

I think so to. I think it would have made the game better.

Doctor 01-25-2007 04:32 PM

I completely agree. Having the same three characters throughout the whole game got old and tiresome.

I believe Square covered that up by implimenting the dressphere system. :D

ThroneofDravaris 01-25-2007 10:38 PM

Most FF games with the job system had a rather limited cast. Since you can change the classes of each character at will, there was no need for additional playable characters in FFX-2, from a gameplay perspective anyway.

Doctor 01-26-2007 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThroneofDravaris
Most FF games with the job system had a rather limited cast. Since you can change the classes of each character at will, there was no need for additional playable characters in FFX-2, from a gameplay perspective anyway.

Yes...however, the job-class system would have been even more entertaining with more characters. There could have been a larger variety of job-class combinations with more characters, in order to suit the player's needs. If there had been a maximum of at least 8 characters, with three or four members in a party at a time, able to switch out when someone whith different abilities was needed, then things would have been more interesting.

And I just realized that I've been talking about how FFX was...*sigh* if only FF-X2 could have been more like that again...

But Square had to come up with something at least slightly original for the game. I shouldn't complain anymore...XP

ThroneofDravaris 01-26-2007 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doctor Faust
Yes...however, the job-class system would have been even more entertaining with more characters. There could have been a larger variety of job-class combinations with more characters, in order to suit the player's needs. If there had been a maximum of at least 8 characters, with three or four members in a party at a time, able to switch out when someone whith different abilities was needed, then things would have been more interesting.

In FFX-2 every character can use any dress-sphere (except special dress-spheres) and can change their dress-sphere at will during battle, so switching characters to do what would essentially be the same thing is redundant.

Doctor 01-28-2007 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThroneofDravaris
In FFX-2 every character can use any dress-sphere (except special dress-spheres) and can change their dress-sphere at will during battle, so switching characters to do what would essentially be the same thing is redundant.

...I find that I highly agree with you. XP God, I don't know anything. XDD I should have realized that sooner.

And, now that I think about it, only having to deal with three characters is convienient.
:D

ultimecia 01-28-2007 07:30 AM

i also agree with you i miss there being a VERY large party it really help having all those different abilities

Seyluv 01-28-2007 07:51 PM

I agree, they should have been more charaters playable.

Some of the best ones we couldn't even play as, and plus it made me mad looking at Wakka and Lulu. I wanted to play them bad too.

Gackt Camui 03-14-2007 12:41 PM

I agree also. Not to mention I already couldn't stand Rikku and Yuna to begin with...I just played the game because it was another FF game...

Katastrofik 04-05-2007 11:09 PM

I Think Towards The End Of The Game..

Gippal, Baralai And Nooj Should Have Became Playable Characters..

Either Them Or..

Leblanc, Ormi And Logos...

Actually All Of Them WOuld Have Made A Crazy Party..