Final Fantasy Network

Final Fantasy Network (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/index.php)
-   Final Fantasy VIII (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Omega Weapon (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=62)

ShadowHeart 02-03-2005 08:52 PM

Omega Weapon

I finally beat him without using Hero Drinks! YAY! It was surprisingly easy, really.. I did it on the first try!

Omega got 4 turns (Lv5 Death, physical hit, Meteor and Megiddo Flame) before he went down. 3 Renzokuken (1 which ended with Lion Heart) and 3 Duel was all that was needed (of course, with Meltdown on Omega). I never even got to see Terra Break.. I was actually curious as to how much damage each hit would take, as I had 255 Vit on all characters. Does anyone have any idea how much damage each hit in Terra Break deals on a character with 255 Vit and Protect? I remember last time I fought him a couple of years ago, each hit in Terra Break would deal 2000-2500 damage per hit with Protect, but then I had far less Vit too (most likely 150-200 or so, but I can't remember).

Oh, and figured out a really neat way to build my characters. I posted somewhere on these boards a while ago that I had started a new FFVIII game where I'd try to get through at as low level as possible. Well, at the end of Disc 3, I had Squall, Zell and Quistis at lvl 10 (and the others at their starting levels). I was slaughtering Cactuars to learn all GF abilities when it suddenly hit me that I could equip all those "Str Bonus", "Mag Bonus" and so on, and get very nice stat boosts by leveling up to level 100. So I boosted Squall's and Zell's HP, Str, Vit and Spr and Quistis' Mag, Vit and Spr (I needed the 4th ability slot for Initiative, so I could use Degenerator instantly in battle and easily level up at Island Closest To Hell). When I was done and had junctioned everything properly, Squall and Zell had max HP, max Str, max Vit and max Spr while Quistis had max HP, max Vit, max Spr and near max Mag (232, I needed the ability slots to max out the other stats and to raise Spd).

I'm kinda proud of myself for thinking that strategy up myself. I know others have come up with it too, probably some of you guys here, because I saw it described in a FAQ at www.gamefaqs.com after I was done with my leveling. But anyway.. yay for me! :D

Gumdrop 02-04-2005 08:22 AM

yes good for you! I bet you feel way more proud when you beat him than you did when you used hero drinks :) well done ;)

~Hidan~ 02-05-2005 02:39 AM

(CLAP CLAP CLAP!!)

Hmm Omega Weapon, I dont even Remember how I beat him but congrats on doing so in an honerable and fashonable way. Now all you have to do is beat me (j/k)

Gluk

Chocobo-bo 02-14-2005 02:25 AM

First time I fought him I died...Second time I fought him I cried...third time I fought him wait i just lied...I never tried it again :(

ShadowHeart 02-14-2005 03:10 PM

A couple of years ago, when I played the game the first 2 times, I tried probably 30+ times in one day to beat Omega.. I couldn't do it. Then I made 100 Heroes and beat Omega easily with the invincibility. That was a long time ago.

This was the first time I beat him fairly, ie, without using Heroes.. it's quite possible, Chocobo-bo :)

Chocobo-bo 02-15-2005 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadowheart
This was the first time I beat him fairly, ie, without using Heroes.. it's quite possible, Chocobo-bo :)

Yeah I know....I just need to try it out some more...I'm actually going to do that all night tonight. Hopefully tomorrow I'll have excellent news for everyone. i.e. me beating that horrible creature

Angel Of Apocolypse 03-12-2005 06:17 AM

Omigod, you must feel how I felt when I beat Ultimecia for the first time, all those years ago when I was twenty. <sniff> Those happy times!

Zynk 03-17-2005 06:25 PM

I was messing around on the internet one day and i found a really cool gameshark code. It was a code to reverse the clock on Zell's limit break. the first person I tried it on was Omega Weapon...Let's just Omega Weapon didnt go home happy that day. The only way I could end the combo was with a limit it was fun.

ShadowHeart 03-17-2005 07:13 PM

I know someone who beat Omega Weapon *before* he was able to cast Megiddo Flame (ie, Omega only got 3 turns) using ONLY Zell's Duel. After he did that he claims that Omega is easier than the final boss :)

Quezacotl 04-01-2005 05:39 PM

I wasn't quite that quick, but I managed to beat him before using Terra Break. I didn't have perfect stats and I wanted to beat him without using The End or invincibility, and I didn't realise at the time that the Defend command reduces damage to 0 as I'd never used it before (and still never have :p). I used two Duels (both were 12 seconds) and two Renzokukens, one of those had a Lionheart, obviously after using Meltdown and Aura. Took a lot though, the times before that I'll admit I always used invincibility... once got lucky when Rinoa used Invinicible Moon just before Terra Break when my HP was really low (not that even having 9999HP is enough to survive it with low Vit and Spr :p).

ShadowHeart 04-01-2005 06:26 PM

Actually, Spr doesn't matter for Terra Break because it's a physical attack. And Vit doesn't matter either, because Terra Break ignores defense! So it doesn't matter if you have 20 Vit or 255 Vit, the damage will be the same. The only way to cut the damage of Terra Break is by casting Protect or using Defend. I learnt this a little while ago.

Tha[M]noS 04-11-2005 04:03 AM

first and foremost..congrats to shadowheart...you got far more ahead than i have!
i use holy wars though and it takes 6-7 rounds..whith zells Armageddon Fist Duel.
the only time i managed to beat him without them was a fight of 25 rounds with many-many-many-many phoinex flames and Megalixirs,and Duels and deaths and "Oh My God i'm gonna die!!!!" and Gf killing etc etc etc..got me though!the bastard used medigo and meteor at the same round and knocked me out
About the terra break now-yes protect cuts off hafh the dam so from 4900 goes to 2000-2500 dam.plus some decent >240 Vit and Spr ya should be able to get 2000 tops dam(meaning that min is 1500)..Are you lucky?Cast "The End"from selfie's Slot 'break and see omega going down one hit kill!

Though still all of you ppl clayming perfection over the game have found out nothing comparing to what i am about to tell you!
But before i start showing off i would like to ask for your conviniense becasue it has been a while since i ve last played the game
Now shadow said that a new built up is possible with the xxxx-up abilities..TRUE!
The back up of this method is that you really have to go through a lot to achieve it.
I did it and i managed to reach lvl 25 on all 3 basic chars(Qui-Squ-Zel)-the lowest i could..(lvl 10 must be THE achievement-dont worry Shadow i will make it lvl9!)
The other way..(showing off part :D)...is the so called "Steal the mesmerize and Refine their blades"....ok stupid title but that's the way it is.Mug a mesmerize,learn Familiar and Gamble(Tonberry)and then refine the blades through #item medicine refine# which is exactly the ability and i dont remember the code name and the GF which provides it.and the big question?what is the refine? mega-potions i think...sell them all! now this is the "Gimme the money" part!you gonna need all the money you can get your greedy hands on!Now the sleazy part!Get 10 scrolls of the stat you wanna raise from a pet shop.Refine them to the #Stat-raise!#...raise the stat you need.easy!now you can get more money through another way? i doubt it but possible.
let me know if you do...wait NO dont let me know i wanna find out myself!yeah better that way..
By the way if you wanna built my way you should be warned that the major problem is time!you gonna need at least 12 hours of gaming a day to get one char to maximum of one stat within a week!truly...i calculated 4 years ago when i was STILL the proud owner of the game...and the game was still in one piece!(little sisters are worse than a tsunami...caused by Levy lvl 99 on a cactuar!believe me ... it hurt more)

Tha[M]noS 04-11-2005 04:07 AM

By the way(i tried to say i want to...waiting foooor) i just saw Shadow's reply...realy terra break ignores Vit? didn't know so i guess we're doomed to 2000-2500 dam...

ShadowHeart 04-11-2005 04:20 AM

Yeah. Well actually, I don't know for sure, because I never got to see Terra Break when I had 255 Vit.. but there was a thread discussing Omega on a different forum, and everyone claimed Terra Break ignored Vit. But you're welcome to try it out to make sure if it does or not ;)

And yeah, I know about getting the stat boost items. But I couldn't really be bothered heh. I think I'm too lazy to do all that :)

gcarev10 09-06-2005 06:56 PM

Re: Omega Weapon

what is gravier and all abaut him ??????????????????????????????????????????