Final Fantasy Network

Final Fantasy Network (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/index.php)
-   Final Fantasy Game Information (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Powerleveling in FF6: Lete River (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3010)

locke cole 07-31-2007 04:34 PM

Powerleveling in FF6: Lete River

in final fantasy 3[us] the lete river in the WOB is perfect for levleing just keep pressing A [ or use a turbo controller] if using the turbo controller just keep it on for one day with banon using his health technique and edgar using auto crossbow you will be at level 99 very fast.

dappa 07-31-2007 06:50 PM

Re: ff3 leveling guide for snes

Yeah I've heard that one before, I might try it one day. It works on the psone version too. I dont think the gba version though.

Zeromus_X 07-31-2007 07:22 PM

I don't recommend this trick, as you're

A.) Already making the game even easier than it already is

and

B.) Making your characters miss out on valuable Esper level up stat boosts later in the game.

locke cole 08-01-2007 06:38 PM

i usually use this trick to get my charecters to level 15 to 20 area it makes the narshe fight alot easier

Zeromus_X 08-01-2007 11:35 PM

The Narshe fight is pretty easy with Gau alone. I don't see why you'd want to miss out on five to ten level up boosts when you could simply use Celes's Runic and Gau's Stray Cat Rage, and maybe Edgar's Bio Blaster to mow down the imperial forces.

dappa 08-02-2007 06:30 PM

Runic makes the narshe battle a doddle anyway so zeros advice is right.

I didn't figure that out though til my second play of the game.

As for powerlevelling my fave is to go to the forest where the bracosaur lives (above the veldt in the world of ruin) and fight with only one member in my party. Atma weapon and offering will put paid to all those tyranos and bracosaurs

Watch your levels go up fast, even faster if you have an exp egg equipped.

Phoenix Flame 08-03-2007 04:10 AM

-_-; I'm too much of a woose to fight alone in the dino forest. :p

I go in with a party of two...

...anyway - back on topic: I really hear what Zero is saying: I'd prefer the level bonuses. This playthrough, I leveled a little too much at that point in the game and later I regretted not having all those stat bonuses.

dappa 08-03-2007 06:48 PM

Re: Powerleveling in FF6: Lete River

You wanna see them stats once they start getting to the late 120's, once you get to around 128 or 129 switch to another stat and start upping it using the bonuses. Most attributes get capped at around those levels apart from a few.

My weakest spells were hitting for like 3000hp damage. Only drawback was that it can get boring with all middle level spells and high level spells always hitting for 9999hp regardless of the said enemies stats.

Phoenix Flame 08-03-2007 11:15 PM

Yeah... -_-;

...the only stat I'm raising to obsene levels (above 100) is strength for Sabin...but he also has a pretty decent Magic stat (like 60 or so.) Otherwise - the rest of my characters are well-balanced. Terra has a high Magic stat as well - but that's....kinda her thing, right? o_o

Zeromus_X 08-04-2007 02:00 AM

It wouldn't be a bad idea to raise Sabin's magic a little bit, since the majority of his Blitzes are magic-based attacks.

And yeah, go the magic route for Terra, although strength is good too (although irrelevant if using Ultima Weapon with high HP). She can become a monster when Tranced/Morphed as it is...now imagine the ownage with maxed out stats.

Basically, I'd only concentrate on Attack and Magic, Stamina and Speed are relatively worthless (Stamina, unlike other games, doesn't affect HP growth. It only effects how badly poison hurts you, and how much HP you gain from the Tintanabar/Tintanibulum/Cat's Bell). And there isn't a noticeable difference in the rate at which the ATB bar fills up at the highest levels, which is why Speed isn't very useful. Just throwing it out there.

dappa 08-04-2007 09:02 AM

All my characters are at levell 99 and have riddiculous stats for magic and attack, they all might aswell be the same.

Though at the start of the game they all have noticeable differences.

I like fire shields and the merton spell

Phoenix Flame 08-04-2007 09:23 AM

xD

How many times have you mentioned that combo anyway. This makes the 3rd or 4th I've read it...not that I'm counting. :rolleyes:

:p

dappa 08-04-2007 09:33 AM

Yeah alright then, lol lets mention a high mblock stat caused by all that aegis and force armour then. Forget the strongest armour and stuff. ;)

Phoenix Flame 08-04-2007 09:38 AM

Sounds good to me. In the DS version the Force armor lost a lot of it's luster though. =(

dappa 08-04-2007 09:42 AM

shame that, Its my favourite armour, it is very useful for the fanatics tower.