Final Fantasy Network

Final Fantasy Network (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/index.php)
-   General FF Discussion (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Guest characters (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3521)

Andrew Scaves 01-04-2008 10:30 PM

Guest characters

A lot of FF games have featured them and most of the time the guest characters are better than the primary characters. Which ones do you see as your favorite . I disclosed for putting a poll for IV characters since the game is a bit complex and I can't reallly tell who are the guests are or not or I could assume that the ending party is the primary, but I'm not sure. Anyway I haven't played every FF game so you mods can choices if you like.

I can't decide my personal favorite yet.

dappa 01-16-2008 06:14 AM

Re: Guest characters

even tho all those characters are cool, I choose beatrix because you get to use her seiken attacks, they woop ass too hehe!

Leon 01-16-2008 04:18 PM

hmm.. I haven't experienced many games of the series, but I chose Seifer as he was a semi-nemesis to the protagonist a nearly as equal in strength.

Phoenix Flame 01-17-2008 03:21 AM

Doesn't one of the best all-time guests have to be general Leo? His Shock ability was kick ass! n_n

blackstar 01-17-2008 12:11 PM

Beatrix was mine i just thought she was a cool character. Never got to finish ff9 *cries* I havent played an ff in a long time. Then again i havent played any video games in a long time.

dappa 01-19-2008 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix Flame (Post 110781)
Doesn't one of the best all-time guests have to be general Leo? His Shock ability was kick ass! n_n

yeah he was a cool guest, shame that us as the player didn't get more battles where you could have him in it, I tried to leave thamasa with leo but it wernt posssible as you ended up fighting that guardian boss whenever you tried to leave and its indestructible.

What about the unknown ghost who helps your party when aboard the doomtrain, he or she deserves some recognition man!, lol:D

clief101_ 01-20-2008 06:28 AM

i chose blank, coz he was a gud charcter to have in ur party, his attitude was kool, and HE GOT PETRIFIED!!! i hated that so much

Spec Highwind 01-20-2008 10:29 AM

mvg Seifer, even though my favourite guest is Ricard/Gareth from FF2

Phoenix Flame 01-20-2008 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dappa (Post 110876)
yeah he was a cool guest, shame that us as the player didn't get more battles where you could have him in it, I tried to leave thamasa with leo but it wernt posssible as you ended up fighting that guardian boss whenever you tried to leave and its indestructible.

What about the unknown ghost who helps your party when aboard the doomtrain, he or she deserves some recognition man!, lol:D

Does it? I only took one with me long enough to get into the first semi-difficult battle (since I never power-leveled on the river...sometimes those groups of Specters:confused: could be difficult at low levels)

...poor General Leo. D=''

Come to think of it Spec, I still need to FINISH FF2...among some of the other classics. :( There's just no time... >_>;

Andrew Scaves 01-20-2008 04:14 PM

I decided on beatrix being my favorite. I say she was the most useful and she had a strong personality.

blackstar 01-20-2008 04:22 PM

Agreed

Max the Man 03-01-2008 12:24 AM

xD I went for Beatrix~ She was so fun to use xD

Doctor 03-01-2008 02:29 AM

Sephiroth. I thought it was pretty funny to watch him kick ass on Mt. Nebel, while, for once, Cloud got his own ass repeatedly handed to him by anything that approached him. (Yes, I would go about fighting random battle with Sephy and Cloud on purpose, just to watch all the cool stuff Sephiroth could pull off that I didn't have yet. XD )

A second favorite guest character of mine, though, would have to be Beatrix. God, was I happy whenever she was in my party--I had such a hard time beating her, I was wondering is she was going to become a main character, or something. But having her as a guest was satisfying enough. XP

Zeromus_X 03-01-2008 10:38 PM

Edea was always my favorite. I always wished her, Laguna, Kiros, and Ward could permanently join the party.

Phoenix Flame 03-07-2008 07:06 AM

...never DID understand why the 'side quests' in 8 had to be in there. Granted, I need to play the game through again (soon!) but bouncing back and forth between the two parties - one of which wasn't permanent - kind of blew. =P