Final Fantasy Network

Final Fantasy Network (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/index.php)
-   Final Fantasy VI (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   A remake of FF VI (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=405)

Spiff 08-22-2005 02:31 AM

A remake of FF VI

Would you be upset if they remade Final Fantasy VI, gave it a 3-D look but kept everything else the same. The battle scenes would be more interesting, and it could put more emotion into some scenes.

What does everyone think, remaking a great game or destroying a classic.

ShadowHeart 08-22-2005 04:22 AM

Re: A remake of FF VI

Interesting question :)

I wouldn't judge it before I could play it and give it a fair chance, but I'd probably be more positive than negative about it.. it would make it easier for some people (that hate 2D) to enjoy the game, and I'm certain it could be great as well.

But.. I think I rather they just left the game alone and concentrated on making new games instead.

Max the Man 08-22-2005 06:49 PM

whats funny is that Square thought of doing it, for N64... but they never got around to it.

Spiff 08-22-2005 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Max the Man
whats funny is that Square thought of doing it, for N64... but they never got around to it.

Thank God. Those are not the graphics this game deserves anyway. Nothing less than PS2, and that's the minimum.

devilmog 10-04-2005 02:59 AM

Making new is a good idea, but I think Squaresoft didn't.
Cause they not interest old part. (Maybe..)

Phoenix Flame 11-27-2005 06:48 PM

I would have to say that it would be sweet to see the world in that game through "3D" eyes. But I agree with spiff that it would have to be similar to FFX in the graphics dept.

LoKuS 11-28-2005 02:07 AM

If it aint broke, dont fix it.

Phoenix Flame 11-28-2005 02:30 AM

Not talking about fixing anything LoKuS, just improving on perfection :)

LoKuS 11-28-2005 02:32 AM

Regardless, you should keep it how it is.

Phoenix Flame 11-28-2005 02:55 PM

Granted - I'm no expert. You may be right.

LoKuS 11-29-2005 02:51 AM

That sounds good to be.

Phoenix Flame 12-02-2005 04:05 AM

Do you know of any good items sold for the FF series? Anything you've seen on Ebay or something?

I bought Tidus' Brothersword for a keychain (silver in color) and a necklace/ring combo from China for like $8. Shipping and all.
Also got 2 zippos with Tidus on the front for $10 a piece. They're sweet!

Lokzor 04-25-2006 06:31 PM

I'd love to see FFVI redone with better graphics

Eru Iluvatar 04-25-2006 07:14 PM

ff6 had great graphics at its time.I think that no matter how good it might be,even if it was made for ps3,there would still be people who would prefer the 2d version.Maybe because of the memories that each one of us bear within.FF6 is my best and I would like to see it 3d but for at least ps3's graphics.Any compromise would ruin it..
Nonetheless....How to depict Cyan's moustache in such great detail as the 2d one!!:):):)And how to put all the detail in the fight screen as one of those magnficent landscapes...

dappa 11-27-2006 02:46 PM

I would love to see this game remade in 3d. I would love to see what the characters would look like too, especially gogo.