Final Fantasy Network

Final Fantasy Network (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Games (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Multi-FF Trivia (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=6)

FFnut 12-17-2004 10:29 PM

Multi-FF Trivia

Alright, this is a simple game geared at testing how well you know Final Fantasies in general. I'll put the game's name before the question so you can focus on your knowledge pool of that game.

1. (FF1) What makes the Airship fly?
2. (FF7) How many gods do the people of Wutai worship?
2a. Bonus: Name all the Wutai gods.
3. (FF8) When do you name the "most powerful GF" (as kwoted by a kreepy konniving sorceress)?

Gumdrop 12-27-2004 04:00 PM

1) not a clue, sunfire?
2) there were 5
2.b) Gorki, Shake, Chekhov, Staniv and of course Godo.
3)right outside Galbardia garden during the assult on Balam garden.

FFnut 12-27-2004 08:23 PM

Alright, you got number three right, but technically number two was wrong. One of the guys walking around near the Pagoda told me this in a recent game, there are actually more than five. The Pagoda is of the Five Mighty Gods, but there's one more. (Damn! Just gave away the answer to that one. Oh well.) And I'll take down the FF1 question, seeing as how nobody here's really played it besides me.

Questions:

2a. (FF7) What is the name of the sixth god of Wutai (we've already named the Five Mighty Gods)?
4. (FFX) How many individual Aeons are there (individual meaning Aeons that Yuna receives, but any that appear together count individually)?
4a. Bonus: Which six of these Aeons appear in the ending FMV, when Yuna sends Sin and the other unsent?
5. (FF9) SuPeR uLtRa BoNuS! Please give me a coherent explanation as to why this game was so horrible. I could only get past the third Black Waltz before I threw down the controller in disgust. I would have thrown the game out the window too had it not belonged to my friend, so I gave it back and I have not played it since.

Heaven's Cloud: 1 point

wind 12-29-2004 06:29 PM

ok
question one: was giant fans
question two: i have no clue
question four:not a clue (i lost my ff10 guide)
question fourA: " "
question five:you eighter died or the game froze before you could save before beating a hard mini/regular boss.

FFnut 12-29-2004 07:07 PM

Giant fans? It was an item that you found in the game and used in the desert to make the airship fly, not something already attached to the airship!

And I was asking why the game was so bad. The only remotely enjoyable thing about it was the swordfight during the play with Blank, and that lasted about five, ten seconds. I couldn't stand the game and I was wondering if someone knew why the game was so... intolerable!

ShadowHeart 01-10-2005 07:50 PM

I've finished FF1 at least 4-5 times in total (yes I love it :D), and I should know the answer to this question.. it's some stone that makes things float. But I can't remember the name of it! Or, to quote Chocobo sage in FF7.. "Can't remember for the life of me...". Dammit!

Quezacotl 01-14-2005 10:27 PM

Was Da-Chao the sixth god? Not sure at all on that one.

There's 10 Aeons in all if you're counting the Magus Sisters separately. Can't remember which ones were in the ending though.

FFnut 01-15-2005 10:54 AM

Da-Chao was not the sixth god, but you're getting closer. It wasn't a specific statue on the Da-Chao either, but you had to use an item from said god to get some special things in the Da-Chao. Well, here's some more crypticalness to confuse you all:

The Six within Five
Worshipped by all
The Five protect the Sixth
Only one who can defeat Omni
Shall receive the Sixth's power

...I just practically screamed the answer at you guys.

As for how many there are in the ending movie of FFX, you have to think of every aeon you MUST see at some point during the game.

I'll drop the FF9 question, since I'm thinking of trying it again and holding back the vomit until it gets remotely interesting. But Quezacotl DID get the number of aeons question - good going!

And Shadowheart, you're... right, I guess. Not too many people can remember FFI very well, and at least you remembered the the FLOATER was a stone. Point to you too.

Heaven's Cloud: 1 point
Quezacotl: 1 point
Shadowheart: 1 point

ShadowHeart 01-15-2005 01:49 PM

You just gave away the answer to that Wutai God question. It's Leviathan? :)

Ahhh FLOATER! That's it.. I thought it was something with the word float, but I was thinking along the lines of FLOAT STONE or something.. meh :)

FFnut 01-15-2005 09:30 PM

"Wutai is protected by six gods. The Five Mighty Gods and the Water God."

THANK YOU! Point to Shadowheart for easing my mind on that stupid Wutai god question. New questions on the rise!

More question tomorrow...

Mong00se 02-15-2005 12:13 AM

In the ending scene, don't you see the 5 you get on your pilgrimage, plus Anima? So Shiva, Ixion, Ifrit, Bahamut, and Valefor, and Anima

Mong00se 02-15-2005 12:15 AM

Oh and the stone was Sunfire. You get it in the Kashuan Keep after you get Egil's Torch. I just played through it in Dawn of Souls.

And ff9 didn't suck. I though it had the best soundtrack of all of them, and much better characters then FF8. Freya was my favorite.

ShadowHeart 02-15-2005 03:49 AM

Actually, Mongoose, the stone WAS called FLOATER in the original NES version (and in Final Fantasy Origins too, I think). Haven't played Dawn of Souls, and don't really plan to get it either.. no need for it when you have Origins :)

I liked Freya the least out of the FF9 characters.. And no, FF9 didn't suck at all :)

Mong00se 02-15-2005 05:42 PM

I don't have origins.

But do I get a point for ff9 not sucking :D. And I liked Freya because she was different, and yet still had good skills. Vivi would come second, and after that... err... Madeen.

Flash 02-23-2005 08:50 AM

Try this one :)

Alright, i'll see you guys r good! :))

Lets see some advanced questions for ya :

1. (easy) What do you get from the guy at the train station, if you got Rinoa in your party?

2. Tell me 3 ways to get elixir in FF7. (Treasure boxes dont count ;)) )

3. How many chances do you get to acquire Ramuh in FF5?

4. Where do you find the first megalixir in FF7?

5. What item refines into 100 of the best spells in FF8, and with witch ability.

I'll think about tougher questions later, see ya guys later.