Final Fantasy Network

Final Fantasy Network (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/index.php)
-   Final Fantasy VII (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Sephiroth OR Cloud (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1741)

SethirothVII 09-05-2006 03:02 PM

Sephiroth OR Cloud

Ok FF7 is based around the planet with main chracters of cloud and sephiroth and everyone knows the story of cloud beating sephiroth.
However if if you got to choose who won cloud or sephiroth who would you choose not based on likeness or the storyline but the strength and powers of each character who do you think would win.

Zeromus_X 09-05-2006 09:09 PM

Re: Sephiroth OR Cloud

Well, Cloud would probably win regardless, since he's the good guy. They have a knack of overcoming adversity against all odds.

Now, as for who would win in a gameplay battle, Cloud would win. Sephiroth is permanently at Level 50, with set Materia and equipment. Regular Cloud does not have these limitations. Sephiroth is also uncontrollable in battle.

Kat 09-05-2006 09:49 PM

i think Sephiroth has a lot more power than Cloud,but since Cloud is the good guy he will always win ,like good rules evil.

SethirothVII 09-06-2006 10:59 AM

Well i would say sephiroth as sephiroth is more powerful and cloud and of course good always wins so if you think about it when theres a film or game with evil vs good you already know the ending whats pointless so regardless of good always winning i would say sephiroth would win.

Zeromus_X 09-06-2006 11:37 AM

And, then, since you seem to be talking about who would win in a regular game battle, then Sephiroth would never be able to win. :)

Phoenix Flame 09-07-2006 03:31 AM

I vote Sephiroth - reason being is that his sword is light and nimble, he probably has some cool limit break we've never seen, and he's also got Jenova cells...

cloud_vs_sephiroth 09-07-2006 04:38 AM

i vote sephiroth......

richboywonder 09-07-2006 09:15 AM

sephiroth

wingman 09-14-2006 01:34 AM

cloud would win

Yoko Kurama 09-25-2006 08:42 PM

Cloud would win hands down. In Advent Children you get to see more powers of the two of them, and the same goes for Kingdom Hearts 2. Sephiroth is strong, but Cloud, like some one else has already said, is the good guy and good always triumphs over evil.

ALexander 09-25-2006 10:43 PM

my vote is for cloud!

mikeh2304 10-01-2006 02:27 AM

Regarding Sephiroth at level 50, he evades all attacks and is immune to magic. We can't say for sure whether he's invincible.

Cloud101 10-02-2006 10:55 AM

I'm all for Cloud, but in reality, they had to lower the strength of Sephiroth so that he didn't appear too powerful. In reality he was at Lv.100,(no I don't mean Lv.99), but if they had put that in the battles, the player would be baffled at how Cloud could beat him. So yeah, if it was the real battle between Cloud and Sephiroth, Sephiroth would tear him appart piece by piece!

Gumdrop 10-07-2006 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeromus_X
Well, Cloud would probably win regardless, since he's the good guy. They have a knack of overcoming adversity against all odds.

Now, as for who would win in a gameplay battle, Cloud would win. Sephiroth is permanently at Level 50, with set Materia and equipment. Regular Cloud does not have these limitations. Sephiroth is also uncontrollable in battle.

Becuase of the handicaps that you have mentioned its clear who would win. Cloud also has limits and I don't recall seeing any from Sephiroth. even if he did evade every normal attack like he does early on in the game he'd be screwed if Cloud set off Omnislash and had Final attack + Pheonix materias ect.

Cloud101 10-27-2006 11:22 AM

You have a point... but think of this, Sephiroth is to egotistical to use extra things like that on a regular basis.