Final Fantasy Network

Final Fantasy Network (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/index.php)
-   Off-Topic (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   The old days... (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3549)

Spec Highwind 01-20-2008 05:22 PM

Re: The old days...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avathar (Post 110934)
Yeah, we've just been posting all along in a dark grey font so you can't see it, O L O L O L O L O L:)

that "O L O L O L O L O L O L" is like... unnecessary, Avathar.

And ghey!

But... extremely unnecessary.

About the old days, FFNet went through different eras, I think I caught up with the last one... I can still remember when I made sigs for you all xD

Doctor 01-20-2008 08:24 PM

O_O I don't believe my EYEZ!

People are coming back. Woot. X3

Kat 01-20-2008 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luis (Post 110832)
Indeed, it's not true xD
You joined the network in july 2005, as I also did.

Poor Kiera xD

I opened that thread xD
By the way, gotta remember you all that Sonic is way cooler than Mario. Mario couldn't fit in my sig in a such cool way as Sonic does ;)

Ladies and gentlemen, we may see here the general contrast of interests: as Zeromus misses the days when discussion was predominant, Kat misses the days when most of the forum threads were goofy.

As for me:

I remember the old days when Shadowheart was the Super Mod xD When we discussed mainly about FF. The users by then were usually Shadowheart, Heavenscloud, Zeromus, Zerlina, Mong00se, Sephiroth, Spiff, Xartex, M.C. the Max, FFNut... and obviously, Shaggy and Arkacia (among others).
As the time passed, reasoniamalive signed in (in winter 2005) and so did Avathar. With Avathar, some threads became a little more goofy and funny. Things remained more or less equal (Empresscrystal signed in just before spring), and then in summer 2006 many spammers signed in xD [Hydra, Kat, John Smith, Spec and Griever]. I found those new threads so silly and irritating... that in time, I couldn't do anything but joining the spam party xD (only for a while ;-D )
Later on, Tifa-Chan and Gackt signed in too. Then from June '07 on, the Forum slowly kept decreasing its activity. Till today.

So, that's basically the history of FFNet in my point of view.
I could also tell you about the Mario vs. Sonic thread, how I showed J.Smith to play Google Image, why did I become a mod, spam conversation (Which fruit are j00?), leet convos, how much I dislike ToD, or how much I got tired of Gackt (the singer xD)... That's why I've kept trying to make this place work, along some other people. Because all of this.

Basically, that's FFNet history for me.

dang.
Luis nailed it down good.
XD

Thats pretty much my point of view too...
reading that made me feel emo.
._.

i need a hug.

*runs off sobbing*

blackstar 01-20-2008 11:59 PM

*runsupandhugskat* YAY YOUR BACK YAY PEOPLE ARE COMMING BACK YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kb-sama 01-21-2008 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackstar (Post 110971)
*runsupandhugskat* YAY YOUR BACK YAY PEOPLE ARE COMMING BACK YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room for one more?

clief101_ 01-21-2008 03:05 AM

this is gud, it seems that this update has also attracted bak some old members aswell...fair enuf i joined up in 2006, but i didnt really start posting till bout march 2007, coz i kinda 4got i was a member...very silly of me IMO...and ive been away 4 about 2 months...but hopefully i can stick around 4 a while again...lol, ive been posting heaps in the last 2 days

Leon 01-21-2008 06:22 AM

Heh, doesn't take much for an outsider to see how deep you guys have feelings for each other and for the forum. I presume that's why whenever some people leave, they eventually come back again even if for a short while.

Very intresting thread by the way.

Phoenix Flame 01-21-2008 08:49 AM

O__O I dun leik THEM! >_>;

...oh, and I'm a liar. = 3

Kat 01-21-2008 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenix
O__O I dun leik THEM! >_>;

...oh, and I'm a liar. = 3

Not only are you a liar, but a bad one at that.XD

=^_^=

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon
Heh, doesn't take much for an outsider to see how deep you guys have feelings for each other and for the forum. I presume that's why whenever some people leave, they eventually come back again even if for a short while.

Yah, thats pretty much why I come back.
I miss mah e-dawgz.
XD

To be honest, I don't think I could go a whole month without FFnet.
Even when I decided to leave that one time, I wasn't gone very long.
^^;

kb-sama 01-21-2008 11:57 PM

HI KAT!

*hug*

Well now all thats left is Hydra and tifa-chan

Leon 01-22-2008 07:13 PM

hmm.. following this thread gave me a melancholic remembrance of my previous forum

A quick glance of my past:
I remember becoming a member of that forum since I was nearly 12. Lots of fun and memories with Slasher, Carolina, row-d, Fleur, pierot, pSyCHo, "Catman", Blaze, Shadow Soul, Coella, snake, g00fy, H, Sykes and everyone else (will never forget you guys).
We talked about everything from music to poems to politics to sports and games; most of us were/became close friends, that was the forum's main theme. There was some spam, but nothing too annoying or silly beyond tolerance. Last year the mods were working on an idea (by me and Fleur) to promote for the forum by making a youtube movie (WMoviemaker) with a compilation of members' submitted images/videos. We gathered the photos and sent them, and slash sent us a very cool preview ( I still remember the song intro "Have a nice Day" ). Sadly since then, I'm not sure what happened; as I've been away on exams. I came back to find "Immortal friendship" (forum) not working; apparantly, a bot or someone had posted prohibited/copyrighted material then repeatdley reported the forum so something happened to the forum (or something along those lines, I'm not sure until now). Having never e-mailed each other (silly us) I lost connection with almost everyone save for few saved on chatlist. It was kind of a shock since I considered them childhood good friends. Since then I've been wandering around this last summer.............

well... now I am here!

Anyway, maybe someone here will like the idea of making an online video for the forum to help promote for it. (Pics + music + comments etc.)

Shaggy 01-22-2008 09:16 PM

We all have been through a lot. Its amazing to me how you become friends and you will probably never meet in real life. The internet is fun that way, isn't it. :p

kb-sama 01-22-2008 09:22 PM

......I love you guys....there i said it......now lets have a big hug

blackstar 01-23-2008 01:01 AM

uhh how bout we not and say we did :)

kb-sama 01-23-2008 05:04 AM

You know you wanna kb-sama hug......