Final Fantasy Network

Final Fantasy Network (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/index.php)
-   Final Fantasy VIII (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   SeeD (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2523)

dirge_of_sephiroth 04-04-2007 11:26 AM

SeeD

This is probably a really dumb question but how do you actually pronounce SeeD? Is it 'See Dee' or 'Seed'? Seeds being in a Garden makes a lot of sense, but I have always said it the other way. I still will I guess, but having played the FF games with sound and having seen Advent Children, I have come to realize how many things that I have been pronouncing incorrectly for years.

Slider 04-04-2007 12:51 PM

Re: SeeD

nah, good question, personnaly i always pronounced it See Dee coz of that capital D
sounded better too!

John Smith 04-04-2007 02:02 PM

It's Seed.

jedi geoff 04-04-2007 07:11 PM

since im here and in this thread were asking how to pronounce things i think ill ask how do you pronounce Squall?
i always said it like squat-all, but my brother reckons its scwall.
which is it?

Slider 04-04-2007 07:25 PM

S-kal

John Smith 04-04-2007 07:48 PM

"Scwall".

dirge_of_sephiroth 04-04-2007 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jedi geoff
i always said it like squat-all, but my brother reckons its scwall.

Umm, how 'squat-all' out of Squall? I'm just confused because of the 't'. But I just call him Marken for the most part anyway, instead of Squall, so I guess I'd hardly know... :p

Drake 04-05-2007 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirge_of_sephiroth
Is it 'See Dee' or 'Seed'? Seeds being in a Garden makes a lot of sense, but I have always said it the other way. I still will I guess, but having played the FF games with sound and having seen Advent Children, I have come to realize how many things that I have been pronouncing incorrectly for years.

Actually, it's funny that you metioned that cuz I use to call it See d. Can't remember which happened first but it was only after I thought about the Seed/Garden thing or a classmate said it Seed.

jedi geoff 04-06-2007 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirge_of_sephiroth
Umm, how 'squat-all' out of Squall? I'm just confused because of the 't'.

uh dont know my friend had the game before and i he used to say it like that so i get picked up on it...

Shotgunnova 04-10-2007 03:56 PM

Edea compares the mercenary force to "seeds in a garden," so I think the pronunciation's pretty evident despite the capital d.

Spec Highwind 04-10-2007 05:17 PM

I pronounce it See Dee

dappa 05-19-2007 10:23 PM

its definately seed but dont ultimecia pronounce it differently? I think she does.

Doctor 05-21-2007 12:04 AM

First of all, the pronounciation of SeeD SHOULD be "Seed," like many people have said. What Shotgunnova mentioned proves that.

As for Squall...due to the 'u' in his name, the proper way to say it is most likely "Skwall." XP

Luis 05-21-2007 07:26 AM

Seed is the right way. They're 'seeds' grown and trained in a Garden to fight the sorceress. Quite obvious.
Pronunciation depends on the way things are pronounced in each country. I can't think of another way to pronounce Squall than the one I've always used. I guess "Skwall" as you say, could be the way I say it.

Squall Lionheart 01-16-2023 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luis (Post 87242)
Seed is the right way. They're 'seeds' grown and trained in a Garden to fight the sorceress. Quite obvious.

That's right