Final Fantasy Network

Final Fantasy Network (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/index.php)
-   Final Fantasy VI (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Celes-Edgar-Setzer challenge(s) (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1617)

Max the Man 09-04-2005 11:27 PM

Fun Challenge

has anyone here ever beaten Final Fantasy VI with only Celes, Setzer and Edgar in your party? It's a fun challenge that my friend tried. (I haven't checked up on whether or not he did it though)

Zeromus_X 09-05-2005 01:15 AM

Re: Fun Challenge

i havent(and im not even gonna try ;) ) although there is an faq for that on gamefaqs.com...i always get sabin out of habit though...

ShadowHeart 09-05-2005 01:26 AM

Why those 3 particular characters?

Zeromus_X 09-05-2005 03:08 AM

theyre the 3 characters that are required for you to have to complete the journey. that is,you start out with celes, edgar helps you fix figaro castle, and setzer helps you find the airship falcon. after you get falcon, you can land on top of kefka's tower...you dont have to get anything else(characters, espers, etc.) in kefka's tower, you have to split up into 3 teams, but, if you dont do any other side quests after getting falcon, youll have just one person per team! (very difficult :p ) i mean, i suppose if they were at level 99....they might stand a chance...maybe...so anyway, i hope that explained why...sorry for the long post :D

Spiff 09-05-2005 12:39 PM

That's a lot harder than it originally looked, so I'm going to try it now.

ShadowHeart 09-05-2005 12:40 PM

Yeah, sounds pretty difficult.. good luck, Spiff :)

Phoenix Flame 11-27-2005 06:54 PM

Any luck with this Spiff??? How far have you gotten?

slimcloud 02-05-2006 10:42 PM

im not going to even attempt that!

Avathar 04-20-2006 06:55 PM

I've tried that... but i couldn't get past Guardian. :D :o

! What i DID accomplish with those three was the Phoenix Cave (two groups: Terra alone, and Edgar and Setzer). :D I feel so proud of myself :p

Zeromus_X 04-20-2006 09:05 PM

Avathar...are you sure you don't mean Celes? You can't recruit any other characters in a proper CES Challenge, so I was just wondering.

I wanted to try this myself, but I erased the file on the Floating Continent. -L-;

Avathar 04-21-2006 06:27 AM

xD I ment Celes, instead of Terra. :p

But Kefka Tower....with three people...if your level is at least 80. :/ xD

Zeromus_X 04-21-2006 08:36 PM

Well, with proper equipment *cough* Illumina*cough* and using Echo Screen/Joker Doom, it can't be too incredibly difficult. And Esper Boosts. There have actually been low level CES challenges, so I guess nothing's impossible. :p

ThroneofDravaris 04-21-2006 11:16 PM

Unfortunately, you can't get uber Equipment/Magic like the Illumina, Paladin Shield and Ultima since without Locke, you can't get into the Weapon/Armour shops in Narshe...

You can still get the Offering and Atma Weapon though, so that's something.

Sephiroth v.2 06-13-2006 03:30 AM

nope i try it next time

Avathar 08-14-2006 06:01 PM

Celes-Edgar-Setzer challenge

Okay, I had time on my hands, and now I trained these three characters to level 90, and 91. Theoretically you can already go to Kefka's Tower when you have these three characters (due to Celes' travel, and the new airship). Of course that's just theoretically speaking, 'cause you're most likely to weak to go into there right away. :p

But, after doing all the sidequests in the World of Ruin, and training the three first characters you get in this world, can it be done practically, besides theoretically: beating all monsters and bosses encountered in this final dungeon with only three characters. :O

I shall try it out, and wish me good luck, 'cause somehow I got a great feeling about this.

Comments, anyone? ^^