Final Fantasy Network

Final Fantasy Network (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/index.php)
-   Final Fantasy VIII (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Ball Room Cut Scene (http://www.ffnet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2221)

blackstar 01-19-2007 07:19 PM

Ball Room Cut Scene

I think the ball room dance scene in ff8 is the greatest animated scene in a game of all time. :) There is so much emotion shown but with no words it doesnt need them adding words would be a travisty.I remember the first time I saw it, it is the first game scene I acctually remember taking note of and likeing to so much It looks soo amazing what does every one else think?

John Smith 01-19-2007 07:34 PM

Re: Ball Room Cut Scene

Yes, that scene is a big pile of great animation and work, but don't forget about the last cutscene. You know, the ending scene. That one has much more people, is much longer, has much more images, locations, memories, art, etc...

Squall Lionheart 01-20-2007 05:03 PM

The first time I saw Rinoa is a memory I'll never forget...I wasn't expecting anything intresting to happen at the graduation night...

dappa 01-21-2007 05:33 PM

yeah it was nice to watch

CiD 01-22-2007 05:57 AM

Hehe its nice but the part where it is more emotion is when Squall rushes in and saves Rinoa in Ehstar. I was so thrilled then.

blackstar 01-22-2007 11:14 AM

I beleive I can sum up what we are all thinking. FF8s' cut scene's kicked ass!!!

Doctor 01-28-2007 05:06 AM

^They kicked ass indeed. My favorite cutscene was, actually, the hilarious scene filmed by Selphie & Irvine during the end. And when Rinoa and Squall kissed..Heh, that really surprised me. XDDD

ultimecia 01-28-2007 07:32 AM

i agree with blackstar the ballroom dance scene was really breath taking how they did it

Rupert 02-01-2007 03:40 PM

i just really enjoyed the music =D

jedi geoff 02-02-2007 02:48 AM

it was funny how awkward it all was...
and how squall kept bumping into people, it just made you smile :)

blackstar 02-05-2007 11:53 AM

And after going to my first dance I laugh even harder.

theDOCTOR 02-06-2007 03:29 AM

i cried at the ending!
and the dance seen was AWESOME!
i wish my school dances could be like that!

I'm all lol'd out. 02-11-2007 01:47 AM

FF8 was pretty awesome with it's whole love storyling. The scenes were amazing between Squall and Rinoa, all 45094 of them. ;P

It's definantly cool how Rinoa changed him into a not-too-lone-wolf kind of guy - which happens a lot with movies, and whatever.

Anyways, yes, agreed.. the ballroom scene was great. :)

theDOCTOR 02-12-2007 02:45 PM

"...whatever"-Squall

EMO!

My hero Squall 02-15-2007 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I'm all lol'd out.
It's definantly cool how Rinoa changed him into a not-too-lone-wolf kind of guy - which happens a lot with movies, and whatever.

Anyways, yes, agreed.. the ballroom scene was great. :)

Yeah the ballroom scene was one of my favourites, I'd always save just before it and watch it and then advance in the game without saving so that the next time I played I could watch it again lol!

See how FFVIII and FFVII are linked, coz Cloud was known as the lone wolf and so was Squall! hehe