Old 12-06-2007, 10:39 AM   #20

Doctor
Highwind Captain

Send a message via AIM to Doctor
Re: FFNet's Official Contest Poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydra
Gosh. XD

I was thinking of seperating the two due to biased votes in the first place. People might favor drawings over poetry, and vice versa.

But the problem with that is, once people reach the top in the Poetry and Drawing division, what then? Eventually, it'll boil down to a drawing versus a poem.

So, I'm reconsidering seperating them. I'm not too sure, actually, lol.
It WOULDN'T be fair to have to choose between a poem and a drawing...certainly, I believe, MOST people would favor a drawing rather than a poem, because drawings are instant-visuals--one can take up all of the details of the drawing at once to get a good understanding of it. Poetry, however, can take some time to soak up, because one would have to visualize in their minds, by themselves, what the words are trying to convey to them. Poetry has a disadvantage because of this, as some people don't like to take that much time trying to understand a poem.

So...I'm really agreeing with Hydra, here. The two categories should be separated, for it to really be a fair fight between the "creators" (the artists.)