View Single Post
Old 08-03-2006, 01:36 AM   #49

Phoenix Flame
Go Umbarbar do my bidding

Send a message via MSN to Phoenix Flame
Re: The sphere grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by empresscrystal
It is a cool and easy way to learn abitilies. Plus you can chose which one to learn.
...and which you do not want to learn. You never...ever need full-life. So other than stat-maxing, I don't ever bother removing all the Lvl 4 sphere locks around it!

I will change my original argument though. (several pages ago I said that stat maxing gives your characters the same feel and, other than the animation, everyone hits for the same damage, has the same defense, speed, abilities, etc (except Yuna w/summon and overdrives of course.)

But now - after a fresh dose of X in my system, I really enjoy the beginning of the game through to the Omega Ruins because everyone is unique. Wakka's accuracy makes him ideal to give a deathstrike weapon to. Yuna can be either a medic, a white mage/sorcerer/theif/tank... Auron is just a brute. Their personalities match up well with their specific sphere grids and that's a-ok w/me.

X has offically passed up VII in my book as my favorite rpg of all time. And that was not an easy thing to admit to
You only get one shot at life. Follow your heart.
Phoenix Flame is offline   Reply With Quote