View Single Post
Old 04-15-2007, 07:56 AM   #12
Slider
Master Summoner

Re: Road to World Cup (For Football Fans)

This match was a very important one, two teams and one spot to fight for Grazer AK and SV Reid; It was a completely unptrdictable duel even for the managers. Both team performance are almost the same, the weather is a little windy but you still feel the warm sunlight. Grazer AK's portuguese manager Nunes has been having much better results than I did; Holding SK Rapid Wien to a draw, and defeating SV Mattersburg and barely losing to SV Superfund. Me I lost to Austria Wien with 2 goals, then another loss against FC Superfund with 3 goals, finaly I got my first victory over the weakest club in the league.
The match was in his field so he also gets that advantage, I made him 2 offers to have his skilled midfielder from bosnia Muratovic, but he refused and kept asking for more money. He also had bought recently talented danish midfielder Due. I heard that his key striker Noh was injured but is being treated and will be present in the match.

Grazer AK vs SV Reid

Team best players: Home: Grazer AK

Noh (ATK) [South Korea]
Due (MID) [Denmark]
Muratovic(MID) [Bosnia]
Fornezzi (GK) [Slovenia]

Away: SV Reid

- Brunmayr (ATK) [Austria]
- Angerschmid (MID) [Austria]
- Jank (DEF) [Austria]
- Bodnar (DEF) [Hungary]
- Gebaur (GK) [Germany]

Announcer:

Welcome football fans to the 4th week of the season, today we have a very exciting match between 2 teams very hard to seperate. Both managers are looking for victory to climb the league table, and both are optimistic of how the match will go. SV Reid is still suffering the abscence of midfielder Michalik while Grazer AK's star striker Noh has just healed in time from his injury from the last match.
Manager Nunes is counting on his usual 4-4-2 attcking formation, while Slider uses his same tactic that won him his last match which is an attacking 3-4-3. The players look very excited and so is the crowd, so let's enjoy this duel:

MATCH START:

7' GOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLL Attacker Damjanovic (SV Reid) makes good use of the corner and delivers the ball pass straight past Fornezzi (Grazer AK)

34' GOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLL Team's experienced striker Brunmayr (SV Reid) shoots a ball from the penalty line and scores his first goal in the season. The gap is growing larger between the two teams now.

43' GOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLL Korean stiker Noh (Grazer AK) puts a fast ball to the Gebaur's (SV Reid) right and gets his team back in the game.

45' A very exciting first half filled with goals and surprises, SV Reid surprised their opponents with the early goal but Grazer AK is starting to get back on its feet with the late goal. Will they turn the defeat into a victory or will SV Reid put an end to their hopes...

HALF TIME SCORE: Grazer AK vs SV Reid (1-2)

SECOND HALF:

55' Both teams are playing visciously now, and many fouls have been commited in only few minutes

61' The first victim is down, new hungarian defender Bodnar SV Reid steps out of the field with a groin injury, but only a foul was given

61' Defender Kablar forcefully replaces the injured player

72' Seo injures himself in the knee after a clash for the ball

72' Martinez goes in instead of the the korean midfielder

85' It's a midfield battle now, althought playing with less quality substitutes, SV Reid is holding out well against Grazer AK's attacks.

90' The game ends with a goalless second half, but a lot of aggresivness thought. Still no player had recieved any cards. A disapointing loss to Grazer AK, they will want to make up for that match in their next one. SV Reid's players are happy with the victory, but the manager is concerned about his increasing injured players.

FULL TIME SCORE: Grazer AK vs SV Reid (1-2)

Man of the Match: Jovan Damjanovic (SV Reid)

Match Statistics:

Team ----------------------- Grazer AK ---------------- SV Ried
Manager ------------------ Engš Nunes ------------- Red Diablos

Formation -------------------- 4-4-2 -------------------- 3-4-3
Shots on target --------------- 9 ------------------------- 13
Accuracy ---------------------- 10% ----------------------- 15%
Fouls --------------------------- 14 ------------------------- 21
Yellow cards ------------------- 0 -------------------------- 0
Red cards ---------------------- 0 -------------------------- 0
Corners ------------------------ 4 ------------------------- 13
Possession -------------------- 47% ---------------------- 53%

************************************************** **************************************************

It was great to win this match, but the cost was heavy. My midfield line isn't strong, add to it the long abscence of Michalik, and now Seo. It was also disappointing that my talented defender Kablar was injured as well.

As usual I went to check the other clubs' results:

FC Superfund vs SCR Altach (0-0)
SK Rapid Wien vs FK Austria Wien (1-0) {Bilic 53'}
SV Mattersburg vs SK Sturm Graz (2-0) {Jancker 25'; Wagner44'}
Red Bull Salzburg vs FC Wacker Tirol (1-0) {Lokvenc 73'}
Grazer AK vs SV Ried (1-2) {Damjanovic(Reid) 7'; Brunmayr(Reid) 34'; Noh(Grazer) 43'}

Surprisingly, FC Superfund was held to a draw by Wacker Tirol; FK Austria Wien is doing badly with their successive loss already; SV Mattersburg on the other hand, is doing very good with their new manager by winning the classic against rivals SK Sturm Graz.

The next day, I was greeted in the board meeting; It wasn't about the additional 3 points, but the significance of defeating of winning a rival club aiming for the same goal. I was told also good news about selling some players internationnally to other clubs which raises the funds and allows buying new players for the club.
Slider is offline   Reply With Quote