View Single Post
Old 02-22-2007, 02:36 AM   #5

Doctor
Highwind Captain

Send a message via AIM to Doctor
Re: The FF8 tip page

You just have everything down, don't you? Your tips are amazingly awesome. XD

Here's my battle advice:

Personally I think (but many other people also) that the Malboro is the most annoying enemy in the game, or any FF. Confusion, Berserk, and poison can be the worst, but most don't like to take advantage of junctioning certain Magic to prevent the status alliments inflicted by the creature.
If you ever want to survive battles with the tentacle-covered nightmare, JUNCTION AS MUCH MAGIC THAT WILL PREVENT THE STATUS EFFECTS AS POSSIBLE. For example, if you have 70 Berserks in a character's stock, and you junction them, there is a very good chance that it will prevent Berserk from being cast. It's not 99 percent, but it's still a fairly high chance. But you won't often get away with just 30 or 20 Berserks in stock; that won't prevent much.
Protecting yourself against the Malboro is vital if you need to steal Malboro Tentacles as well, so be careful!

The reason why I'm giving this tip is because, well, to me getting just 1 Tentacle was freakin' HELL. And it took me a VERY long time to realize what I was doing wrong. So please, don't be incredibly stupid like me, and use your junctions to the fullest. XP