View Single Post
Old 06-18-2006, 08:43 PM   #69

Dark FFnut
Cactuar Thorn

Re: Chapter 4: Domination

((Oh no, people. Don't count on Dark FFnut to reconcile your little plot inconsistencies. Glenn's got nothing to do with the return of Belial and Osirus, because I'm going to pretend he's out of earshot.

Now the fact that they're talking to Titania directly... not my problem. Titania's not my character. ))

Palis, The Year 0 Aikia, Snowy Village

The little boy stood in front of Glenn, arms crossed. "I'm going to act out the story of the hero Noah, but you gotta pay real close attention, 'kay?"

Glenn merely nodded.

The boy raised his arms and began.

"One day, seven hunerd years ago, the great hero Noah decided to beat up the scary demon king. He had two friends who helped him too - the prist... praystus... uh... Llideah, and the knight lady Ishia. Noah went into the demon king's nephew's castle and stole a big crystal that would open the doors to the real demon king's castle..."

A voice began whispering in Glenn's head. Wrong there. It wasn't Hector who had the key. It was Valmarus.

"...so when the three of them got to the top of the castle, the big scary demon said-"

Palis, The Last Year Of The Great War, Kani's Castle

"So you fools have actually arrived?" Kani's voice thundered. "Noah, didn't you say that you wouldn't let me and Llideah kill each other while you were still around?"

Noah glared at the demon. "That's why I'm here. I refuse to let you and she slaughter one another. As for this one," he gestured to the unconscious Ishia, "she was going to lead an army to help Llideah here. I just had to knock her out to prevent that."

Llideah looked horrified. "Noah!"

Noah shot Llideah a dirty look. “You brought her and her knights just to help you stop Kani. Obviously our last little ‘conversation’ didn’t get through your skull, girl.”

Kani laughed maniacally. “Delicious! The two of you turned on one another! And now to destroy the both of you!” A dark ball of energy shot forth, directly at Noah’s head.

Noah raised his blade faster than the eye could follow, deflecting the dark energy. “No,” he whispered hoarsely. Kani grimaced.

Palis, The Year 0 Aikia, Snowy Village

The flashback ended, but Glenn had a feeling of something missing – as if there was more to the past than he’d witnessed, but couldn’t sense it yet.

The child Noah was still going on with the “official” version of the story. “So the three of em faced the big demon king down together, and Noah said ‘I will stay with my friends until the end!’ and-“

Glenn turned away, leaving the kid to shout after him, “Wait! I didn’t tell you how they finally beat the demon!” Although the knight was curious to hear that version, he was more curious to find out what he couldn’t flashback to - and the true story of the final battle.

((And here ends my post. You people can sort out Sacryan and Belial and all of that stuff before I post again.

And no more flashbackin’ until the final battle! I’ve got an idea for it that’ll probably confuse a lot of you, and even the resolution of the past (and therefore Kani’s fate after the Great War) should be a little surprising. Have fun, people.))

Perhaps it is impossible to grasp that answer now,
From deep within the flow of time...

But, for a certainty, back then,
We loved so many, yet hated so much,
We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
Whilst our laughter echoed,
Under cerulean skies...