Thread: Omega Weapon
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2005, 08:52 PM   #1

ShadowHeart
Master Summoner

Send a message via MSN to ShadowHeart
Talking Omega Weapon

I finally beat him without using Hero Drinks! YAY! It was surprisingly easy, really.. I did it on the first try!

Omega got 4 turns (Lv5 Death, physical hit, Meteor and Megiddo Flame) before he went down. 3 Renzokuken (1 which ended with Lion Heart) and 3 Duel was all that was needed (of course, with Meltdown on Omega). I never even got to see Terra Break.. I was actually curious as to how much damage each hit would take, as I had 255 Vit on all characters. Does anyone have any idea how much damage each hit in Terra Break deals on a character with 255 Vit and Protect? I remember last time I fought him a couple of years ago, each hit in Terra Break would deal 2000-2500 damage per hit with Protect, but then I had far less Vit too (most likely 150-200 or so, but I can't remember).

Oh, and figured out a really neat way to build my characters. I posted somewhere on these boards a while ago that I had started a new FFVIII game where I'd try to get through at as low level as possible. Well, at the end of Disc 3, I had Squall, Zell and Quistis at lvl 10 (and the others at their starting levels). I was slaughtering Cactuars to learn all GF abilities when it suddenly hit me that I could equip all those "Str Bonus", "Mag Bonus" and so on, and get very nice stat boosts by leveling up to level 100. So I boosted Squall's and Zell's HP, Str, Vit and Spr and Quistis' Mag, Vit and Spr (I needed the 4th ability slot for Initiative, so I could use Degenerator instantly in battle and easily level up at Island Closest To Hell). When I was done and had junctioned everything properly, Squall and Zell had max HP, max Str, max Vit and max Spr while Quistis had max HP, max Vit, max Spr and near max Mag (232, I needed the ability slots to max out the other stats and to raise Spd).

I'm kinda proud of myself for thinking that strategy up myself. I know others have come up with it too, probably some of you guys here, because I saw it described in a FAQ at www.gamefaqs.com after I was done with my leveling. But anyway.. yay for me!
Memories will fade
ShadowHeart is offline   Reply With Quote