View Single Post
Old 06-10-2007, 08:53 PM   #47

Arkacia
Gunblade Expert

Re: I need your ideas.

Tifa, no-one is angry or upset because of what you are bringing up. In fact, that is the sort of thing I really do want to hear.

The general idea isn't so much to grow the member count, though outsiders finding enough of interest in the forum to want to join, and stay, is certainly a goal. It is more to revive the forum for the members we have, and entice some of our older members to return/post more. Many have left because of what they see as a downturn in the quality of the forum overall.

What we all seem to have thrashed out so far that the majority is in agreement with is..

Upgrade of the forum and RPG: That is going to happen. Can't give a timeframe though because it depends on when Shaggy has the time to do it.

Introduce an IRC: Again, this will happen.

Delete Spamtastic: No, it won't happen.

New forum areas for other games and member activities: Yes, will happen.

Ban on IM/leet/internet speak in any area outside Spamtastic: Yes, will happen.

Something else that will happen is a revamp of the forum overall. Nothing will be deleted, but some forums may be renamed, moved to different catagories ect. The aim will be to make different areas of the forum easier to navigate. I have noticed music/TV/movies threads are still being posted in Off Topic instead of That Entertainment where they should be probably because it is under another catgory and hard to find. Names and discriptions will be made clearer on all forums as well.

None of this will start until after the forum is upgraded.