View Single Post
Old 12-21-2009, 04:24 AM   #1

TherathxRikku
Super Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to TherathxRikku
Relationship Between Shuyin and Tidus (spoilers)

Most people who haven't quite completed X-2 confuse Shuyin for Tidus, when in truth...they're right.

Shuyin was a temple servant who lived 1,000 years ago in Zanarkand, he was engaged to a Summoner named Lenne. They both loved each other very much, they even died in each other's arms. Shuyin was also an avid Blitzball player, whenever he wasn't serving the temple, he would be practicing Blitzball, he used his skills from Blitzball in battle, giving him amazing speed.

Tidus, as his memories say, was a man also from Zanarkand, however, he had no relations with a summoner while in Zanarkand, and he also played Blitzball, also using his Blitzball skills in battle.

Some people think they have no relationship when they complete the game, they think they were two completely different people, I can see what you're thinking, but I'll explain why they are one and the same person.

Shuyin played Blitzball, like Tidus, in truth, Shuyin was the Zanarkand Abes Blitz Ace, not Tidus. You may also notice, if you've beaten the game, that when you fight Shuyin, his fighting stance is exactly the same as Tidus', his attacks also resemble Tidus' Overdrives.

In my assumption after paying attention to the story, Tidus is just a clone of Shuyin, except some differences were made.

The Fayth, like everyone else have dreams, except, their's are more powerful, sometimes coming to life, these dreams are born from summoner's memories as they pray to the Fayth. Tidus was born from Lenne's memories of Shuyin. And was brought to Spira by Jecht (who may be the only reason my theory is wrong) to another summoner who resembled Lenne, Yuna.

Your head may be hurting, but I think this is how Tidus was "made". Anybody with other theories?

Quote:
Originally Posted by clief101_ View Post
You've dun alot for this forum and tried to keep it going as best as u can, and even though ur comp crashed ur still posting through ur PSP. That shows commitment to this site and thanx Therath!!

Stick around and watch this sight grow, become a veteran and then show the newbies how its dun!!
TherathxRikku is offline   Reply With Quote