Thread: Chapter 2
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 05:13 AM   #5

clief101_
1st class SOLDIER

Re: Chapter 2

"Ok, so when are we leaving the palace? Where are we going exactly?" Clief asked the king.

"First of all, this is alot of information for you three to take in at the moment, so I think it would be best if you were to satay here tonight. You need to be at full strength physically and mentally. As for where you are going..." The king paused for a moment and walked over to Cato.

"Your strength was tested at the tournament, and your team skills were aswell. Now, you need to be tested mentally," Cato said.

"So what you mean is we're going to be tested mentally? How" asked Jayden.

"Well, within every person lies a fear. Something they have supressed. You must face this deep within your mind, and overcome it. If you cannot, you will trapped in your mind forever. If you dont want to risk this, then you cannot help. This is the ulimate test," the king explained.

A supressed memory? A fear? What does he mean!?

"In your last test, you faced it as a team, however, this you must do alone. If you dont want to do this, speak now," the king said.

Clief walked around for a little while, and Jayden looked at Nari.

"We're in, we wont back down!" They said together.

"I'll do it. I'm ready for it" Clief"

"Thats good then. You may want to sit down for this," Cato suggested.

"Sit down for what?" Nari asked.

"It happens now, so please take a seat," the king said.

All three of them took a seat next to eachother.

I guess this is as close as we're guna get

The king walked over to Jayden first, he was on the right of the three. He lifted his hand up to his forehead and whispered something under his breath. Jayden instantly collasped in his chair.

It was that fast? Woh, this is gonna be intense

Next the king walked over to Nari. He put his hand up to Nari's forehead. Clief watched Nari's face.

This could be the last time i see that face

The king whispered something under his breath jus as Nari's head began to turn to Clief with a smile, then she collasped in her chaire aswell. He then walked over to Clief and raised his hand up to his forehead.

Here goes. My one greatest fear.

"Dwelve" whispered the king.

Clief was pulled into some kind of vortex, increasing in speed in each passing moment.

What is this? Where am i going?

It felt like a long time before he began to slow down a little bit. He could see something, it looked to be some kind of island, but it looked familiar.

No....no this cant be...no

Clief looked at his hands and noticed they were getting smaller. He looked at his body and noticed it too was getting smaller. He kept getting smaller and younger until he reached the age of 14. He landed on the sand of the beach.

This is....this cant be...no i cant

"Hey Clief! What are you doing out here? Shouldnt you be at the village training with your brother?" Yelled out a girls voice.

Hael!? It cant be!!

Clief stood there in shock, trying to take in what just happened.

"Clief? You there?" she asked.

"Oh, um yeh. Training...right, I should get going then," Clief replied starting to walk towards her.

"Can I watch?" she said with a smile.

I remember that smile. Hael's smile. There isnt anything more beautiful in the world other than her smile

"Sure," he said smiling back.

They walked into the forest together, side by side.