View Single Post
Old 06-09-2007, 04:38 AM   #19

Phoenix Flame
Go Umbarbar do my bidding

Send a message via MSN to Phoenix Flame
Re: I need your ideas.

Liek...no wai! RLY?! zOMGosh! XD!

Totally. I got totally frustrated (and no offence meant here) with all the k/j-pop threads, pics, and 'zOMG no way! Gackt!!! *dies*' posts littering our fair forum.

Then the 'anti-Asian' revolution started....<_< yeah - that was not cool at all.

I think that the Spamtastic section is great - I've told the mods and admins that I get my 15 mins. of laughter/day there. Sometimes silliness isn't bad at all...but I believe there is a responsibility that all of us as members have to keep insensitive, nonsensical posts out of ANY part of the forum....Use common sense when posting something on the forum.

This is a huge reason why my post count has gone wai down. I just won't comment on certain threads/discussions because it's flat-out ridiculous conversation. This will only get worse - I fear - with a chat option. Yes, this forum has some awesome members who keep it alive and make it fun; it also has the bottom 20% that aren't so fun (and you'll have that anywhere.) 80/20 rule.

Lastly: a few thoughts... I like the chat option overall - good way for us oldies to hang out and not blitz the spam section. I like the idea of a 'front page' with more options. Ie: Tabs for - Chat, forum, Walkthroughs, Pics, Members, More info about FFnet, Join, What's new, etc. It will look and BE more up-to-date. Lastly - I hope we never merge. We don't have to and WON'T if the trend continues...one last thought. Square hasn't put out a 'great' FF that's not online-based for a while. I think that once they do the FF forums will be more-alive again. I'm not sure what all we can put together for 'advertising' like Hydra spake...but it sounds good to me.

~Fin~
You only get one shot at life. Follow your heart.
Phoenix Flame is offline   Reply With Quote