View Single Post
Old 06-09-2007, 04:54 AM   #20

Doctor
Highwind Captain

Send a message via AIM to Doctor
Re: I need your ideas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkshadow2247
All forums face a down time or slow period as some like to call it. This is the summer season in the Northern Hemisphere. This is usually where most of the inactivity of the entire year will come into play. People hit the beach, are out for longer hours, and just aren't at computers as much. If you're worried about the down time, don't. It's summer. It's a trend that happens in ALL forums.

Anyways, one thing I've noticed about most successful forums is that they have a main site attatched to it. This forum is a lone standing one, which means it has a forum only. When you go to places like gorrilla mask, they have a main site with lots of content. Then they have a forum behind it. The same goes with Photobucket.

This is not to say that a lone standing forum can't succeed, because it can. I've seen it happen. But what I suggest is a gimmick of some sort. This is a Final Fantasy forum, so I know content can be limited though.
*Nods head, totally agreeing*

Content shouldn't just be confined to Final Fantasy, though; it should expand to anything Square Enix. At least, that's what I think.

Extended game sections would be a good idea...I don't think that anything in Spam should be changed, though....I don't think that a live chat there would make much of a difference. It might even be more of an annoyance to some people, believe it or not.

I've always wondered, though; what's the difference between Forum Games and the spam section? maybe those two should be merged together. I don't see the point in keeping them separate.