View Single Post
Old 04-19-2005, 02:00 AM   #13

~Hidan~
Highwind Pilot

Send a message via ICQ to ~Hidan~ Send a message via AIM to ~Hidan~ Send a message via MSN to ~Hidan~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Hidan~
The great tower in the middle of town struck noon. The war had been in movement for almost twelve hours now. Nichi had drawn back to Malice’s position to form a plan. He had told Malice about an idea for a combined attack of wind and ice. They would attempt to launch it shortly.

Meanwhile Belial mowed through almost a thousand demons all by himself so far. He sat in the middle of the great demon army, well out of range of killing his own people. Unleashing a great unmaking spell he swallowed up the existence of several thousand of the demon soldiers in one foul spell, making sure not to overdo it so he would not be weakened too much by the spell.

Nichi and Malice watched the horrific display of power done by Belial and both shivered in the thought of what it would feel like to have such a spell cast on them. Riding the winds into the front lines of the battle Malice started a strong gust of wind that Nichi released large and sharp fragments of ice into. The force of the wind took the large ice fragments and impaled hundreds of Demon soldiers. They continued to do this until Nichi noticed the battle between Ishia and Dacono coming to an end.

Ishia was starting to grow weak from fighting so long. Somehow Dacono had not lost on ounce of his fierce might. The swing finally came to end the beginning of the war. Dacono managed a heavy swing across Ishia’s stomach. It was not deep but it was enough for her to loose composer and almost fall. While off balance Dacono cut her several times in the legs and arms, easily piercing her mighty armor. She fell to the ground bloody and unable to stand back up. With a howling laugh that could be heard for miles Dacono removed the head of Ishia in one foul blow. Picking her head off the ground and raising it high above his head Dacono marched back towards his troops with a triumphant look.

Nichi screamed in fear as he watched Ishia’s head fall to the ground. That bastard brother of his had taken away the last thing in his life that was truly important to him.

Dacono’s the back lines of the Demon army withdrew, knowing that they had won that days battle. They returned to start the summoning rituals to refill their dead ranks. The front lines remained and were killed off by sunset.

Funeral services were held that night for Ishia. Nichi hardly spoke until them.

Nichi stood in front of the city in the great coliseum as the head spokesperson for the first time. “Today we defended our lands in a way that no one has ever thought would be necessary. Today we held off the invading hordes of demons that are here to take over our world. Today we also lost the leader that held us strong enough to hold against these foes.” Nichi began to tear up as he said this. “As many of you know I was raised by our strong and mighty queen Ishia.” Aikia stood close to the alter that Nichi was talking from. “Our new ruler was chosen by Ishia herself. Aikia Masuto will be our new queen acting in as of today. Please stand and give praise to our new Queen.”

The court stood and clapped in acceptance of Aikia. Nichi presented her with the crown of Gracia and with it came a pillar of white light. Aikia ascended to being a god once more. She let out a great sigh of relief. “It is my honor to take place of one so great of Ishia, I am so very sorry for her loss and hope she resides along side all the other great fallen gods of Kharn. Many of you know of my past and I would not be able to put on this crown if you all did not accept me, so I thank you all for trusting me in your hearts and for believing that I will make a good queen.”

Malice, Magus, Belial and Titania stood behind the Alter with Nichi all dressed in robes that signified honorable positions in the court. They had all been shocked by the falling of Ishia and had little to say to each other at the time, they all mourned the death of the poor woman they had come to believe in.

The priests came forward to sanctify the blessings of Aikia’s queen ship and now moved to the burial and sanctification of Ishia’s tomb. The ceremony only took a few moments, and then all bowed their heads in honor of Ishia and raised their heads to now hear the plans of war that Aikia had declared would be announced.

Aikia raised her head slowly and then began to speak. “So they think they can wipe us out of this world. That is the goal of our assailants. I don’t think any of us will allow this to happen and that is why I say we bring the fight to them. Shortly before Ishia died she sent word of the attack to our allies in Diasis, and Forlun. They arrive in less then and hour, each city has sent us an army. Diasis sends their elite Black Capes Army or 620,000 soldiers. They are the most feared army in the land, for their excellence and for their brutal tenacity. Forlun sends their Elite Death Raven Rangers, a force of 80,000 and their Raven Guard Army a force of 400,000 elite soldiers.” Ishia took a deep breath. “Tomorrow the demon army of Valmarus will beg for its death for we shall give them a fight they will never forget.”

The citizens of Gracia stood silenced by the good news, awestruck that they would not be fighting alone. Many started to cry in happiness. Many couldn’t stop cheering.

That night a great feast was prepared and the whole city celebrated the crowning of Aikia. For many this would be the last Party any of them would take part in. The party lasted all night the incoming armies joined in and had brought their own additions to the festival.

Nichi sat high above the city in the clock tower playing his favorite tune on a wind instrument from his culture. When the sun rose it would be the biggest battle known to man. They would push back and cleanse the demon army and all cities within 100 miles. Tomorrow would be a day to go down in history.