Thread: Resident Evil
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2007, 07:32 PM   #2

Drake
Death Dreamer

Re: Resident Evil

I'll only post about the RE games that I've played:

RE (PS dualshock version)

I enjoyed it alot, possibly because it takes place almost entirely in just a single mansion-that gives it an interestng atmosphere I say. That is, a sense that everything is connected. Didn't play the Gamecube remake much at all, so no comment.

RE 2

This game feels like it has high production values. Also, it has quite a few extras, espically for it's year.

RE 3

Nemesis chasing you from room to room or ambushing you at any time is intense. Plus, he's a very tough SOB. Also, the in game multichoice cutscenes are (as far as I know) unique to RE 3 and in my opinion, quite fun. I thought the mine thrower weapon was a piece of crap.

RE Code Veronica X

The plot/cutsecenes Wesker has were (for me) very enjoyable. Wesker was much cooler/interesting in this game than in the original RE. The dual aiming thing was cool and the boss fight inside an airplane was intense.

RE 4 (PS2 version)

Has puzzles like other RE games, but this time the puzzles aren't tedious. The behind the back aiming perspective is more immersive that the 3rd character view. Weapon upgrading adds a new kind of depth to the series. I thought the mine thrower weapon was extremly fun.

Last edited by Drake; 02-24-2007 at 12:30 AM.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote