Thread: Diablo II Lod
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2005, 07:57 AM   #12

ShadowHeart
Master Summoner

Send a message via MSN to ShadowHeart
Re: Diablo II Lod

Every spell? Umm, that's generally not the best way to go about the game.. well if you plan on taking on Nightmare and Hell difficulties. If you do plan on doing that, you should pick 2 main spells (from different trees), and max them out and invest a lot in their synergies and masteries. And some Warmth and Static Field goes for all sorceress.

The drawback of choosing a limited number of skills to focus on and power them up as much as possible, is that you'll generally be very weak in the early stages in the game, and reach your maximum potential sometime during Nightmare difficulty or early Hell difficulty. That's kind of too late if you're only going through Normal mode (duh), but it is absolutely necessary to get through Hell (besides having pretty good equipment). Hell is crazily difficult unless you've built your character properly and have really good equipment.

And just for the recond, one of the most popular and best sorceress builds is the Meteorb. It's also easy to build and use (besides the fact that Meteor can be difficult to use properly if you're new at it). That is, using Meteor and Frozen Orb mainly (with some Fireball too). I could post a build for it, if you want.

If you're just going through Normal mode, then it's not as important how you build your character. I'm just so used to playing with the goal of beating it on Hell difficulty, so I always plan out exactly what skills I'll invest in and how much as well as what equipment to use before I even begin.

Well that's enough rambling I guess ..
Memories will fade
ShadowHeart is offline   Reply With Quote