View Single Post
Old 03-03-2006, 10:39 PM   #34

Dark FFnut
Cactuar Thorn

Re: Chapter 4: Domination

Palis, The Year 0 Aikia, Dwarf Tunnels

Glenn woke up suddenly, thanks to a few annoying voices keeping him from sleeping peacefully.

(Glenn! This is really important!)

Rubbing his eyes, the knight glanced at the weapon beside him. "Truly, this hath better be important..."

Oh, Glenn, this is. This really is. See, in your dreams, Doreen, uh...

Saw someone...

"Who?"

(That's just it. I don't know. When I saw him he identified himself as Noah and said that Gadriel and Variel were dead at this point, and Llideah had come to him crying, and explained about their deaths. The only problem is...)

Who are Llideah, Gadriel, and Variel?

(Exactly.)

Glenn shook his head. "I've not a clue." Then he heard the low sobbing noise. "Who art there?"

Syne answered. "It's Titania. She has some... uh... unsettling news for us..."

Glenn grabbed the weapon and crawled over. "What?"

Through the sobs, Glenn could make out a few of Titania's words. Specifically, the words "Magus," "Malice," "dead," and "love," but he couldn't make sense of it. Syne shook her head sadly. "Magus and Malice, they're both..."

Glenn was speechless. He even felt the normally rambunctious spirits in the Mastermune fall still. He stood up, holding the blade in the air. "Who did it. Tell me who killed them. I'll..."

Syne stood as well. "Kani. It had to be Kani."

Glenn nodded solemnly, feeling utter turmoil coursing through him. Then he heard Doreen speak.

(Titania, who is Llideah?)

Titania was too upset to even realize who was speaking to her. Yet despite the fact that she did not fully know, she felt the words flow from her lips on their own. "She died seven hundred years ago, but she's here. She..." Titania trailed off, suddenly realizing the oddity of both the question and the asker.

Glenn, however, ignored this. He held up the sword, both blades gleaming. "GRRIBBIT!" echoed throughout the tunnel.

((Yeah, yeah, so nothing really happened, but so what? Noah's been realized, Glenn knows about Magus and Malice and is out for revenge, and we're definitely approaching the final battle of this story anyway. Besides, I have an idea for all the past-spirits when we get to the final battle - the reason why Variel and now Gadriel haven't gone to the afterlife, despite Variel's spell not being active anymore, will be revealed, among other things.))

Perhaps it is impossible to grasp that answer now,
From deep within the flow of time...

But, for a certainty, back then,
We loved so many, yet hated so much,
We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
Whilst our laughter echoed,
Under cerulean skies...