View Single Post
Old 05-29-2008, 04:33 AM   #1820

Leon
Lugeo Spiritus

Re: Picture Thread!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat View Post
Cats are the guardians of the underworld, according to the Egyptians.
So how could Devils be related to them?
D:

The whole Vampire bat thing is a little "old-fashioned-movieish" too.
>>;

Yah, yah.
I'm weird.
duhh.
xD
no no, not at all

..... 0.0

brb! ^.^

*sneaks up on phoenix and bites him*

there, that should take care of him! i'm always intrested in legends an all that so i looked it up and found some intrestin stuff :

"In the east, cats were hallowed in the ancient times, mostly so in egypt where they first interacted with its people and eventually became worshiped as gods. It is mentionned that the persian army was once able to conquer egypt without a fight as they had used thousands of cats in their army's front line, egypt surrendered refusing to lay harm on the cats according to their beliefs. Meanwhile after a while of being introduced to the west (now central europe) cats became household pets for a while before starting to face their first hatred signs.

In the medieval era, it was believed that the devil would assume the shape of a black cat whenever coming to earth from the underworld so ppl started fearing it an associating it with bad luck... some still believe that legend til this day, then cats were associated with witches who were satans agents on earth - an outcome of an unholy alliance between the catholic and protestant churches' preaching and the popular beliefs-; so when caught, they were burned along with their owners!

Cats were also associated with vampires as it was believed that they could revive the dead as vampires and thus were always kept out of the dead's room, or chased out and killed. Apparantley -to my surprise- vampires weren't affiliated to bats in the old days, but with wolves or cats! 0.0
also, not only was it believed that vampires sucked blood, but they'd inject it into a dead body to revive it and posses it to do their or satan's biding."

so that means we were both right i guess ^.^

..it also means that we can inject phoenix's blood into rupert -the zombie rat that hangs ouut in ffnet bar- to revive it.

*hushes the protesting phoenix*

it's the LEAST u could do after having him for lunch >:-(
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
This forum will never end. I has gone through some rough times lately, but it will never be shut down!!

Last edited by Leon; 05-29-2008 at 04:50 AM.
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote