View Single Post
Old 02-21-2007, 05:57 PM   #8

Phoenix Flame
Go Umbarbar do my bidding

Send a message via MSN to Phoenix Flame
Re: Opinions of this game?

Perhaps it is because you are wielding all matter of weapons and killing nasty marks and villians alike =D I disagree w/Hydra though. I found XII extremely unsatisfying - mostly because of the storyline...or lack thereof. There is simply not enough character or story development. Even later on, when the world is falling apart - there's no evidence of it ~ you can freely roam anywhere in the world without it blowing apart or w/o insighting mass hysteria (unlike 6, 7, 10, etc.) Be warned; however, as I was in love with FFX - you may not appreciate my review. I gave FFXII 6.8/10. It would have gotten a much better score with a little more work by the developers to get rid of some monotony, ditch the license board for something a little bit more exponential (like the sphere grid) and story/character development.

My advice: Borrow it from a friend or go in on it together to pass 1 1/2 months away kicking the crap out of baddies. You'll be happy, your friend will be happy, and you won't think you've wasted $50 US (whatever it is by you) + money for the guide...
Phoenix Flame is offline   Reply With Quote