Thread: Suggestions
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010, 06:03 PM   #5

Leon
Lugeo Spiritus

Re: Suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumdrop View Post
1) I wanna point out the Tags Box below each topic (when you're writing a new one). Putting tags in manually helps the forum get hits/visitors. Its easy to over-look, but its there and does help.

meh (whaaat?.. im jus bein honest 0.0)

2) Report ads lefts by bots. Seeing lots of spam about is sure to put people off joining.

already doin it (admins are already sick o'me n my 'humour' in every report)

3) Create a new topic once in a while! Don't go and make any old rubbish topic though, think about it for a moment and preferably make a useful topic if you can think of one (a guide of sorts for example).

"any old rubbish topic though" for the better good, that's why i'm refraining from makin new topics; never the time to write guides, but i'm good @ makin game threads that get quickly overlooked though

4) This one is obvious..advertise! Even if you just put a link in your signature on another forum that you go to that will help.

im in sum comitee for that ```

5) This one is for the admins to consider; You gotta scroll down a fair bit to reach the bottom of this forum and some people are VERY lazy and some will just feel overwhelmed. Some of the sections have hardly any posts in and may as well be sub forum or merged anyway. The Manga and Anime forums could definatly be merged.
I don't get why for the Entertainment domain it says -Discuss everything from Television, Movies, Music, Comics, Anime, Cartoons, DVDs To Home Theatre Setups! And Anything Related to it. And they you have an anime forum too anyways

meh; but this size ain't bigged compared to rando other places i've seen

Another two that really stick out are Spamtastic and Forum Games. These may as well be merged too.

NOOOOOO! for the love of all what's green n smelly keep'em apart; spamtastic would jus absorb the games n mutate them into spam too (which isn't a good thing -to me, i hate spam in games-)

6) Another for the admins - Send out a reminder email about this place! I can't remember seeing one in a long time (possibly ever) and sometimes people just forget what the link to the forum was.

i think shaggy said somewhere that he's gonna do that, lez not overdo it though, it aint pretty active in 'ere, but i still like it

7) Remove the cut-off date. People probably don't look at the thread counter beside each forum so when they click on it and see it looks empty they would just assume nobody posts here.

err.. what's a cut-off date?

We need to give the forum some life back people!

yupyup.. gotta have the last wordz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
This forum will never end. I has gone through some rough times lately, but it will never be shut down!!
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote