View Single Post
Old 08-04-2006, 03:44 AM   #12
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

Re: what final fantasy music do you like

FFI- There were alot of great tracks on this one. But some of it got a bit repetitive; only a few didn't become repetitive from listening to them so often. 3/5

FFII- Same as FFI, though you can tell the sound quality is better than FFI (Magician's Tower, World Map theme, that lovely echo). 3/5

FFIII- Great quality, and almost none of the tracks got repetitive, not even the battle theme. Lovely tunes overall. 5/5

FFIV- Even greater quality on the Super Famicom. Many of the tracks were fine, and served their purpose. Although I would've thought they'd have a bit more variety in the dungeons rather than just 'Into the Darkness' for most of them (like FFIII had great dungeon variety). 4/5

FFV- Alot of tunes got repetitive, but enjoyable overall. The sound quality got amped up a bit, as you can see by some of the rockin' battle tunes (Battle with Gilgamesh, Battle with X-Death, etc.) 3/5

FFVI- Great. Not very repetitive, and highest sound quality for the Super Famicom. Unfortunately, that lovely echo is gone in the PS1 version, *sigh*. Unfortunately, the technology for voices in games wasn't developed until Tales of Phantasia and Star Ocean, so they had to do their best with a synthesized 'voice' going along with some songs (Aria De Mezzo Carataire, Dancing Mad, etc.) 5/5

FFVII- Eh, it was okay. The technology for voices was developed, but only put to use for the final battle, 'One Winged Angel'. Some tracks were very memorable and beautiful, so it doesn't luck out completely (Interrupted by Fireworks, Main theme of Final Fantasy VII, Aerith's theme, et all.) They could've done better than just a synthesizer though. 4/5

FFVIII- Very nice. I don't know why I enjoy it so much, however. Some melodies were very great, not to mention the 'theme song' for the game, 'Eyes on Me'. The instruments sound much better, they sound orchestrated instead of just using a synthesizer. (Unless it's just a really great synthesizer, and I can't tell the difference). 5/5

FFIX- Some nice nostalgic remixes of themes, the Mount Gurug theme, Pandaemonium, I Want to Know the Truth, etc. Unfortunately, alot of music just seemed to be Uematu experimenting with how many different ways he could play 'Fu Ru Sa To' or 'Melodies of Life' with different instruments, so it loses points. 4/5

FFX- Pretty solid. Nothing to complain about, at least he doesn't play the theme song of the game over and over again in a different way. Unfortunately, not much of the music seemed to stick in my head like the other games. And alot of music just doesn' t play often enough to get to full effect, possibly why I feel that way. As a note, this is the soundtrack where Uematsu didn't solely compose it, alot of other composers helped out. Meh, lazy. I can't really blame him after nine games though. 4/5

FFX-2- This one was weird. Either the music sucked horribly (The battle theme, I mean seriously) or was really awesome (The Besaid theme, 1,000 Words, and yes, even that pop song at the beginning was pretty great). But it isn't overall horrible, so meh. 3/5
Zeromus_X is offline   Reply With Quote