View Single Post
Old 08-01-2006, 03:01 AM   #39
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

Re: Final Fantasy IV faq by Zeromus_X

---------------------------------------------
4.6 But Before We Do That, Again...
---------------------------------------------
Much like the first time you got the airship, you are now free to explore before moving on with the plot. There are quite a few places to go to. You can skip these sections and jump to section 4.7 to go through the Sealed Cave.

---------------
4.6.1 Tomra
---------------

Tomra is the town south of the Dwarf Castle (the cave you pass on the way here is the Sealed Cave, which we’ll get to later). Another town of dwarves, they are separated from the other dwarves in the underworld because of the lava, and are surprised at people from the overworld visiting. They even have a different greeting, ‘lal-ho’ instead of ‘rally-ho’. The equipment here is superb, and worth a buy. You may not have enough money, so if you really want to splurge, Gil-farming is in order. You don’t have to buy all the stuff I tell you to (not the more expensive stuff, anyway), but the extra protection is sure nice.

In the armor shop, buy a Tiara for Rosa or Rydia (whoever isn’t wearing the one you already obtained earlier, or buy two if you don’t have that one), three Golds (Gold Rings) for Rydia, Rosa, and Edge (to replace those outdated Rune Armlets), and two Diamond (Diamond Gauntlets) for Cecil and Kain. You can buy Diamond Shields, Helmets, and Armor for Cecil and Kain, but it’s really expensive and only offers 1 more point of defense than the Ice equipment they already have.

In the weapon shop, buy a Chain (Chain Whip) for Rydia, and another Ashura for Edge, to replace his leftover Kunai. All the other selections are things you should already have found or things you could previously buy, but you can stock up on Mute Arrows for Rosa if you really want.

The item shop contains all the status-ailment curative medicines for sale, so you should stock up on at least 20 of each. Stock up on Lives and Hi-Potions, as well. You can also buy a few Cabins or Tents.

Now, for the greedy scumbag in all of us. The house in the upper left corner of town is a treasure trove. Ironically, one of the dwarves inside will say ‘weapons for sale’. On the left side of the room, from top to bottom, the chests contain: Bomb, ThorRage (Thor’s Rage), and the pot contains a Notus. On the right side of the room, from top to bottom: the pot contains a Bestiary, and the chests contain an Ether2 (Ether 2), and 2,000 Gil.

That’s it for now. Now to our next destination.

----------------------------
3.6.2 Kokkol’s Smithy
----------------------------

Kokkol’s Smithy is tucked away in the southeastern corner of the underworld. Inside you’ll find a smithy named Kokkol (bet you couldn’t have guessed that!), and his assistants. Apparently Kokkol is in a bit of a slump, and hasn’t created any remarkable weapons lately, and just sleeps all the time. What a shame.

Check the pots in the first floor. In no order, you’ll find a Remedy in a pot on the lower part of the room, and a HiPotion (Hi-Potion) in a pot in the upper part of the house.

Take the stairs to the next floor. You’ll find Kokkol sleeping in this room. He says his smithing days are over, and that he could never find the legendary ore, Adamant. I guess that’s rough, but I don’t get upset because I don’t have a million dollars, and sleep all the time, do I? Check the shelf in his room for a SomaDrop (Soma Drop). This increases a character’s maximum MP by 10.

Anyway, keep this place in mind for later, it’s time to move on.

Last edited by Zeromus_X; 08-02-2006 at 05:05 AM.
Zeromus_X is offline   Reply With Quote