Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > Final Fantasy Discussion > General FF Discussion
Community Mark Forums Read

General FF Discussion Talk about the game series in general.

Old 08-26-2006, 07:20 AM   #1

Zeon
Master Thief

Location: where the tonberry lies, i'll be there, where the sea meets the sands, i'll be there...hell :)
Send a message via MSN to Zeon
The final Final Fantasy

i was thinking..........where is final fantasy gunna end? is it gunna continue forward into the future until we go to the shops buying FF54? or is it coming to a close soon...........? i hoped tht it would never end but sure enuf it will. when is uncertain why? hello FF54? i dont think so......... i mean say tht out loud. sound right to u?.........nope. so when do we think itll end ppl???

Last edited by Zeon; 08-27-2006 at 05:16 PM. Reason: attempt at changing threads name (but failed :()
Zeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 07:31 AM   #2

Avathar
"GET YOUR NAILS DONE!!"

Send a message via AIM to Avathar Send a message via MSN to Avathar Send a message via Yahoo to Avathar Send a message via Skype™ to Avathar
Re: the end of an era......?

I have a strong feeling that it won't end.

Final Fantasy has become multimedia history, as you see by the countless spin offs, sequels and prequels, and new games coming and coming. The thing is: it's very healthy for the game producers at Square-Enix to make the newest game in the series different than the predecessor. That way it'll keep its fresh excitement.

Although the changes might be disturbing for the trusthworthy 'old school' fanbase, but keep in mind that then again: there are always new generations of gamers out there, so looking at already existing fanbases, like the immense popularity among Final Fantasy VII and the FFVII compilation by now: The series will keep its success for a very long time, I'm pretty sure about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis
Now, contemplate the tuttifrutti powahs in my avatar!
MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!
Last.fm YouTube DeviantArt Last.FM TheShrine DinoButt
Avathar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 07:44 AM   #3

Zeon
Master Thief

Location: where the tonberry lies, i'll be there, where the sea meets the sands, i'll be there...hell :)

yer i guess thts true. but then again theres always the issue tht the next few releases may not go down well. i mean dirge of cerburus doesnt actually loook tht good. ive seen trailers the game looks a bit to complex to win. the controls loook to be difficult too. the idea of vincent beig the main character is cool but i dont think tht he shuld be the only one (if thts the case when its released if not i take tht back) but on the other hand 12 looks awesome so i spose tht it will compensate for D.o.C's losses. demand for twelve over D.o.C in japan was like for every 1 D.o.C sold 15 FF12's wer sold.

anyways i see ur point and i guess its a fair one but theres always the problem tht they run out of ideas or tht they deside to drop the older games and make a different series. which wouldnt be to bad so long as its similar but ya know....
Old 08-26-2006, 11:24 AM   #4

Staircase
Shinra Owner

Send a message via AIM to Staircase

Im basically resaying what Avathar said but...

Final fantasy will never end. Each game is a different story than the others. Making each one fresh and exciting. And By the sales in FF7 and FF10, they made spinoffs. The series will continue and it will change depending on the fans.

And ask Hydra about D.O.C. He said its a great game.
Old 08-26-2006, 12:00 PM   #5

Yggdrasill
Cruxis Angel

Send a message via MSN to Yggdrasill

Square have said their going to stop when it gets to FF17, then another company are going to take over. It won't be the same though, the stories will be a lot more linear and boring.
I'll try and find the Interview with them when they said their going to stop making them soon.

Homer: I've learned that life is one crushing defeat after another until you just wish Flanders was dead.
Yggdrasill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 12:05 PM   #6

Staircase
Shinra Owner

WHAT?! nooooooooo. Thats the worst news ive heard in my entire life. Ugh... I was really hoping it would last alot longer. Its the best series ive ever played! Ide like to see this interview when you do/if you do find it. I just dont understand WHY they would end it. They're making billions of dollars from the franchise.
Old 08-26-2006, 12:13 PM   #7

Zeon
Master Thief

just the way the world is. the producers aernt getting any younger and maybe the head honcho of square is retiring and needs to finish off at some point? who knows. but by the time tht happens we may well have lost intrest in those games. i mean sure at the age we are now its different but when we are like 30 or so itll change. theres only one person i no of whos older and still plays these games and his nickname was piccolo (if uve been on gametalk ull no who this is) he was an insperation but lets face it, it will dioe out eventually...........to the dislikes of hundreds of millions of ppl across the globe. and when tht day comes........thts it.....basically the end.
Old 08-26-2006, 12:15 PM   #8

Yggdrasill
Cruxis Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staircase
I just dont understand WHY they would end it. They're making billions of dollars from the franchise.
I think Square are just getting bored with FF now but hopefully they might not end it at FF17. Plus, they'll probably be a lot of sequels for current FF games. I also heard alot of the workers at SQUARE were moving to different companies, including Nobou Uematsu.

Homer: I've learned that life is one crushing defeat after another until you just wish Flanders was dead.
Old 08-26-2006, 12:27 PM   #9

Staircase
Shinra Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeon
theres only one person i no of whos older and still plays these games
We have a Admin here (Arkacia) who is 43 (i think). And im guessing since shes here she likes final fantasy =).

oh, and my firends mom is 47 and still playes FF and resident evil.

Last edited by Staircase; 08-26-2006 at 12:30 PM.
Staircase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 03:16 PM   #10
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

Although somewhere near 20 would be ideal, I doubt SE would say such a thing (they don't know when it'll end anymore than we will). Since each game is handled by a different team now (think like the Tales series), who knows when it will end. I do hope it does end around 20 (it'd get a bit ridiculous after that), but as long as people buy the games, I don't see it ending any time soon.
Zeromus_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 03:36 PM   #11

Avathar
"GET YOUR NAILS DONE!!"

Send a message via AIM to Avathar Send a message via MSN to Avathar Send a message via Yahoo to Avathar Send a message via Skype™ to Avathar

Well, that I said that it's not gonna end: I only have the mere feeling about the Final Fantasy series that it will last forever, but of course, ultimately they'll stop making Final Fantasy titles. Then again, who knows what might happen in the future.

Ironically a series of videogames called 'Final' Fantasy prooves to be one of the longest enduring series of all time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis
Now, contemplate the tuttifrutti powahs in my avatar!
MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!
Last.fm YouTube DeviantArt Last.FM TheShrine DinoButt
Avathar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 04:54 PM   #12

Zeon
Master Thief

lol yer good point. pretty ironic alrite. another thing i spose is they could start making tactics 2,3,4 etc and think of new titles like they did for Final Fantasy crystal chronicles which would be intresting (hopefully they would be better games than crystal chronicles was) thinking about it i should have called this thread the final final fantasy. much more to the point. any way i can change it????
Old 08-27-2006, 05:00 PM   #13

Yggdrasill
Cruxis Angel

Re: Final Final Fantasy.

I think you can change it by editing your first post in the topic and editing the text in the 'Title' box to whatever you want.

Old 08-27-2006, 07:51 PM   #14

Zeon
Master Thief

Moderator Edit: I edited the thread title, and also this post, 'cause this is Serious Discussions, and a random post like you made: try to avoid it.

Last edited by Avathar; 08-27-2006 at 08:02 PM.
Old 08-27-2006, 10:28 PM   #15
Luis
ˇˇ Fresón rebelde ˇˇ

Re: The final Final Fantasy

Almost everything comes to an end. And FF will also. Probably not today or tomorrow... but it will. You know, matters of profitability, competitors, a future lack of ideas...
I mean, I don't think there will be Final Fantasy games in 15years... (I wish I was wrong xD )

I guess someone had to play devil's advocate too xD