Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > Final Fantasy Discussion > General FF Discussion
Community Mark Forums Read

General FF Discussion Talk about the game series in general.

Old 10-09-2006, 09:07 AM   #16

Gumdrop
Highwind Pilot

Re: Chocobo Racing

I'm fortunate enough to own it. I'm not much of a fan of racing games but CR can be fun, it's a sweet little game. The story mode is in a pop-up book style, it does have a pretty strong childish elements about it but some kiddies games have a high level of playability so thats not always a bad thing.
There are several modes such as Vs and Story mode that you can select and each character has his or her own special ability (for example Chocobo has the Dash ability and Bahamut has Mega Flare as mentioned above). As you play through you get to unlock more and more characters and there are also a few hidden options you can unlock.
As for spells, they can be collected around the tracks and used to attack other racers to help you gain the advantage - if you collect more than one of the same spell (goes up to three) you can fire a powered up verson of that spell.
I think one of the things I most apriciated about Chocobo Racing was the music, the music is almost all from various Final Fantasies and has been..remixed I suppose but the tracks sound pretty much how they used to only in better quality.
Gumdrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 06:13 PM   #17

dappa
Master Summoner

Re: Chocobo Racing

I love the game but the price that people are asking for it is so high (£50 or more). Maybe one day I will buy it when I'm not skint.
dappa is offline   Reply With Quote