Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > General > Spamtastic.
Community Mark Forums Read

Spamtastic. Forum for spam, chit chat, nonsense threads. Ant-spam rule does NOT apply in this forum. All other forum rules do.

Old 03-11-2007, 06:24 PM   #61

Tifa-chan
Gunblade Expert

Send a message via Yahoo to Tifa-chan
Re: Japanese At Heart People Unite!

you know now that you mention it

OH WELL! I STILL LOVE MY JAPANESE GUYS

My newest sig, please view with much love.
Tifa-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 07:37 PM   #62

Phoenix Flame
Go Umbarbar do my bidding

Send a message via MSN to Phoenix Flame

It's good I'm not EMO then... ;ang J/K

LMAO!
You only get one shot at life. Follow your heart.
Phoenix Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 08:46 PM   #63

Gackt Camui
Master Summoner

Send a message via MSN to Gackt Camui Send a message via Yahoo to Gackt Camui

I love Asian guys in general, Gackt, Hyde, Toshiya, Kim, Lee...they are all hot!
Old 03-11-2007, 11:42 PM   #64

Hydra
3, 2, 1, Let's Jam

Send a message via MSN to Hydra Send a message via Yahoo to Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by reasoniamalive
It's good I'm not EMO then... ;ang J/K

LMAO!
You're hurting my laugh box today.

XD XD XD
Old 03-11-2007, 11:54 PM   #65

Zerlina
Chocobo Jockey

Um...this is...really...yeah...

Just because you like video games and anime does not mean you are Japanese at heart. Seriously...just...stop. I don't care how much sushi you eat, or how many kimonos and anime cosplay things you sew in your spare time. That's not Japanese culture and it never was. Be proud of what you are and stop trying to act like something you aren't.

I do'nt mean any offense to anyone but this is REALLY annoying. It's one of my major pet peeves when people who aren't asian try to be. It's as stupid as rich preppy kids trying to be gangsters.

Last edited by Zerlina; 03-12-2007 at 12:01 AM.
Zerlina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 11:58 PM   #66

Hydra
3, 2, 1, Let's Jam

The love of the members forming into a Japanese cult, to the talk of Japanese labor, ending with a talk of Emo.

=O

It sounds like a school. Oh, and a gathering for people who need help.

Mental help.

Whoa, I need to be in this topic more often.
Old 03-12-2007, 12:02 AM   #67

Mong00se
Moogle Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt Camui
I love Asian guys in general, Gackt, Hyde, Toshiya, Kim, Lee...they are all hot!
Gackt is a guy?! How can you love japanese guys when they so much resemble japanese girls?

Mong00se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 05:26 AM   #68

Phoenix Flame
Go Umbarbar do my bidding

Send a message via MSN to Phoenix Flame

Mongoose FTW!!!

*Looks around*

Dang! It's dead tonight.

Speaking of Asian women...Susie (my ex) was snooping 'round the forums getting dirt on me night before last (Sat. Ni.)

It was funny, because she ended up catching me in a lie because I didn't want to hurt her feelings saying that I had opened my heart to another. <3

...funny, and kinda sad...

Ah well... at least we can both move on.
You only get one shot at life. Follow your heart.
Phoenix Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 09:38 AM   #69
Slider
Master Summoner

Heh, NO ONE's able to get dirt on ya reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mong00se
Gackt is a guy?! How can you love japanese guys when they so much resemble japanese girls?
That's the exact point!
Slider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 10:22 AM   #70

blackstar
Headbanger For Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerlina

Just because you like video games and anime does not mean you are Japanese at heart. Seriously...just...stop. I don't care how much sushi you eat, or how many kimonos and anime cosplay things you sew in your spare time. That's not Japanese culture and it never was. Be proud of what you are and stop trying to act like something you aren't.

I do'nt mean any offense to anyone but this is REALLY annoying. It's one of my major pet peeves when people who aren't asian try to be. It's as stupid as rich preppy kids trying to be gangsters.
That was pretty harsh, and not the place to say something like that, this isnt a debate thread its a thread where we are trying to have fun. And despite what you say not everyone is proud of where they come from, im one of them some people arent born in a place where they feel at home im from a red-neck homophobe town, and thats not me so im not proud of my heritage. You had you r say ive had mine.
blackstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 02:14 PM   #71

Tifa-chan
Gunblade Expert

Send a message via Yahoo to Tifa-chan

Quote:

Me <--- ignores this because I could care less, and I am Japanese at heart so deal with it.

ANYHOW!

Tifa wins this isn't no debate or flame thread!

Want a cookie?

My newest sig, please view with much love.
Tifa-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 02:21 PM   #72

Zerlina
Chocobo Jockey

Quote:
That was pretty harsh, and not the place to say something like that, this isnt a debate thread its a thread where we are trying to have fun.
When I was here before, FFNET was a place where you could have intelligent conversation. Sorry if it's not the place for it anymore- I'll try not to spoil your fun. If there's something that offends me, I'm going to comment on it.

Now onto the reply,

Glad you had your say, and it's unfortunate you're in a town where you don't feel you fit in. But trying to be like something you're not isn't going to help that at all- it's just going to make you hated more for being a poser.

To me, it feels like people have a very odd idea of what it's like to be asian (in this case Japanese) and they pick and choose things and assume this sort of...imitation of something they don't really understand. There are many other aspects to culture which people just don't get. And to look at a race of people who are discriminated against (yes, discriminated against- people don't notice it as much as other cultures, because other cultural groups tend to make more noise about it, I have no idea why we don't) to see...this is a group of people who were treated horribly for many hundreds of years and who people still think are "ok to make fun of..." to never ben on the receiving end of that and then to just come up with this idea and say "oh I'm Japanese" is slightly offensive. I understand that you might have your own problems with people being intolerant, and that happens, but it doesn't mean you should be the same thing. It is very difficult to understand what a person who is a visible minority goes through everyday without actually being that person. I can honestly say you'll never understand. Just like I'll never understand what it's like for you in your town, being the way you are (you mentioned it's homophobic so I'm not sure if you're homosexual...).

I understand you might be offended by what I said but it's not just me.

(I'm going to warn you, there are members on this forum who are very ignorant and make comments against white people- which is equally as wrong as making comments against any other group)

http://www.asiafinest.com/forum/inde...howtopic=86537

There are other threads floating around that forum but they stay less on topic.

Quote:
Tifa wins this isn't no debate or flame thread!
I didn't post a flame. A flame is if I said "U GUYZ ALL SUCKZ0R Y R U SO DUMM" different things.

But if people here prefer not to debate, then that's fine and I respect that. Although to me it seems like when the bulk of a forum is silly conversations, it's nothing more than a long-lasting msn convo. That's only my experience with forums, so you may have a different idea.

Last edited by Zerlina; 03-12-2007 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Tifa replied
Zerlina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 03:16 PM   #73

Fawkes Lament
Watermelon fruitcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by reasoniamalive
O_~

...probably used the 'ol Ctrl + C, Ctrl + V.

Heh heh...

...pwn'age
Total pwn'age... Cause that's how I roll...

Yay, I broke 500
Fawkes Lament is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 03:45 PM   #74

blackstar
Headbanger For Life

Quote:
When I was here before, FFNET was a place where you could have intelligent conversation. Sorry if it's not the place for it anymore- I'll try not to spoil your fun. If there's something that offends me, I'm going to comment on it.

Now onto the reply,

Glad you had your say, and it's unfortunate you're in a town where you don't feel you fit in. But trying to be like something you're not isn't going to help that at all- it's just going to make you hated more for being a poser.

To me, it feels like people have a very odd idea of what it's like to be asian (in this case Japanese) and they pick and choose things and assume this sort of...imitation of something they don't really understand. There are many other aspects to culture which people just don't get. And to look at a race of people who are discriminated against (yes, discriminated against- people don't notice it as much as other cultures, because other cultural groups tend to make more noise about it, I have no idea why we don't) to see...this is a group of people who were treated horribly for many hundreds of years and who people still think are "ok to make fun of..." to never ben on the receiving end of that and then to just come up with this idea and say "oh I'm Japanese" is slightly offensive. I understand that you might have your own problems with people being intolerant, and that happens, but it doesn't mean you should be the same thing. It is very difficult to understand what a person who is a visible minority goes through everyday without actually being that person. I can honestly say you'll never understand. Just like I'll never understand what it's like for you in your town, being the way you are (you mentioned it's homophobic so I'm not sure if you're homosexual...).

I understand you might be offended by what I said but it's not just me.

(I'm going to warn you, there are members on this forum who are very ignorant and make comments against white people- which is equally as wrong as making comments against any other group)

http://www.asiafinest.com/forum/inde...howtopic=86537

There are other threads floating around that forum but they stay less on topic.

I didn't post a flame. A flame is if I said "U GUYZ ALL SUCKZ0R Y R U SO DUMM" different things.

But if people here prefer not to debate, then that's fine and I respect that. Although to me it seems like when the bulk of a forum is silly conversations, it's nothing more than a long-lasting msn convo. That's only my experience with forums, so you may have a different idea.
Im sorry I should not have jumped down your throat I was in a bad mood and i should not have taken it out on you. Honestly speaking I do not feel i am Japanese but this is thread is kinda like an out put of Tifa's heart and what she feels and i was and still am defending that. I dont think you had a right to jump in and sort of rain on her parade for lack of a better term, and i still stand by my idea that people are born in places they dont fit in and human nature is to find a place to call home. But as I said I am sorry for jumping at you and I do respect that you arent afraid to give your thoughts. And to answer your statement im bi.
blackstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 04:45 PM   #75

Hydra
3, 2, 1, Let's Jam

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackstar
That was pretty harsh, and not the place to say something like that, this isnt a debate thread its a thread where we are trying to have fun. And despite what you say not everyone is proud of where they come from, im one of them some people arent born in a place where they feel at home im from a red-neck homophobe town, and thats not me so im not proud of my heritage. You had you r say ive had mine.
Everything that comes out of our fingers(mouths?) may not be nice, but it very damn well may be true. Like Zerlina's three mini paragraphs.

And the long follow-up. =P