Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > Final Fantasy Discussion > Final Fantasy Tactics / Tactics Advance
Community Mark Forums Read

Final Fantasy Tactics / Tactics Advance Final Fantasy goes Tactical based! Its been reborn Several times, a classic, and a favorite of many!

Old 09-28-2006, 12:32 AM   #1

C_Dub
Cactuar Thorn

Send a message via MSN to C_Dub
Just Started

Hey I just started this game, any tips for party setup? And I heard there is a fight that can make you restart... can anyone tell me when not to save over my main file?
Old 09-28-2006, 01:14 AM   #2
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

Re: Just Started

Well, there are a good amount of battles that can make you want to restart, in this game.

The universal golden rule of FFT: Keep two save files. There are times when you will have to undergo a series of battles, and the game will prompt you to save inbetween this series of fights. Some fights may require more preparation beforehand, and if you're stuck in a save where you can't go back out to level up/get more abilities, then you may be finished. But with two save files (one inside the set of battles, one before the battles begin), you can avoid this by going to your earlier save and prepare for the upcoming battle (*cough*Wiegraf*cough*).

As for teams...well, it's all up to you. I mostly used melee characters, and usually the special characters (I only used two mages with Math Skills for my generics). Some of the special characters are quite powerful, once you recruit them.
Zeromus_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 01:39 AM   #3

C_Dub
Cactuar Thorn

Aight thanks, just wonderin about the jobs, should I keep the chemist or change him? or get him some abilities then change him, and how hard is it to start a new job later in the game?
Old 09-29-2006, 02:17 AM   #4
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

Well, leveling up can get tedious. I recommend turning your regular units into Squires and learning the Accumulate ability (from the Squire's skillset) as soon as possible. This skill not only raises your physical attack power slightly, it also counts as an action, and as such, practically gives you free Exp/JP. Ramza should learn Accumulate and Yell as soon as possible, and later on, Scream. Now leveling up and gaining extra JP shouldn't be too much of a problem. Also, Yell raises the target's speed, so you can use the Knight's Speed Break on a lone enemy, raise your turns and lower its turns, and then Accumulate until you have as much JP as you want! This is tedious, but really, the alternative would be much more so.

Eh...anyway, good luck!

Edit: I recommend learning 'Throw Item' for your Chemist ASAP, and then just start learning more and more items and then maybe make him a Mage character. Then, he'll be able to heal your teammates with Item as a secondary skill combined with Throw Item for extra range.

For the rest of your characters, well, they're all up to you. I usually made Ramza mostly melee classes, and kept two or three mages with the special characters for a team.
Old 10-01-2006, 08:34 PM   #5

C_Dub
Cactuar Thorn

I'm havin a lotta trouble with the last gafgarion fight, at the lionel gate. I can kill gaf with ramza but the other half of the party gets killed so easy. I have tried it using Sam, Geo, Priest, and Wizard and Mnk,Mnk,Archer, Wizard and i get killed too fast..
Old 10-06-2006, 11:58 AM   #6

C_Dub
Cactuar Thorn

I'm now at the Series that starts the hard wiegraf fight before chapter 4, and I don't have auto-potion. How do i get that ability?

Edit: srry for the DP
Old 10-06-2006, 11:03 PM   #7
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

I'm pretty sure it's a Chemist ability.

You can always just have Move+3 and Yell until your speed is 50, then pwn Wiegraf.
Old 10-08-2006, 04:59 AM   #8

C_Dub
Cactuar Thorn

How do i get reaction abilies lol..?

Edit: I just beat Weigraf (Velius) i'm now lookin up how to keep rafa from dieing before i get a turn.

Last edited by C_Dub; 10-08-2006 at 06:15 PM.
C_Dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 05:11 AM   #9

C_Dub
Cactuar Thorn

Thumbs up Re: Just Started

Just finished I thought it was a great game.. and it ended great... now i can't wait till final fantasy XII comes to america
Old 10-21-2006, 12:05 AM   #10
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

Just two more weeks...
Old 11-09-2006, 07:19 PM   #11
blukazoo159
Moogle Farmer

btw, i just thought id give a quick stratigy. i like to take 4 meditators and go "recrute as many good people from the easy battles as possible!! also i like to get a dragon or 2( big help!!!)!!!!
blukazoo159 is offline   Reply With Quote