Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > Final Fantasy Discussion > Final Fantasy X > Final Fantasy X-2
Community Mark Forums Read

Final Fantasy X-2 Discuss Final Fantasy X-2: It might be an all girl thing, but us guys can have fun with it too!! Lots of Fan Service!

Old 04-01-2005, 05:53 PM   #1

Quezacotl
Vivi's Minder

What dresspheres do you use?

And which ones don''t you use? I tried all of them out at some point and mastered each one for at least one person, but there are some I just wouldn't use again.

My favourites were Dark Knight and Lady Luck. Dark Knights just have so much HP and Defence and the Darkness attack was really useful even if it hurts you. I liked just using all the slot attacks with the Lady Luck, it added a lot of variety, and the dice attacks comboed like nothing else. And of course, Gunners are great for Trigger Happy. Mascot is obviously great too but a little overpowered (though I can understand that after everything you have to go though to get it!).

I thought the Beastmaster was a weird one. I didn't really like Gun Mage either, I didn't bother to learn the majority of the enemy skills. I found White Mages quite annoying too in the fact that they couldn't attack and it was hard to get AP for them as Pray only gives AP when someone actually needs healing.
Quezacotl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 06:51 PM   #2

Gumdrop
Highwind Pilot

My faveorites are: mascot, each characters special dress spheres, dark knight, beserker and lady luck, I'm not much of a fan of the rest (but samurai was quite good and trainer was cute).
Gumdrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 03:24 PM   #3

Mong00se
Moogle Farmer

When I beat the game the first time I had DK, DK, ALC. Alchemist used a Mega-Potion each round, and each other used darkness.

Paine has mastered: DK, Samurai, Warrior
Rikku has mastered: Thief, Berserker
Yuna has mastered: Gunner, ALC (except for the 999 one, shes about 300 into that).

Berserker is actually a really useful skill. If you can break HP limit, and then start the battle by everyone howling and doubling their HP, you're pretty much set. Most enemies in the game don't do over 2000 dmg, so Alchemist can use Mega Potion every round, even if not necessary, and still win the game.

My favorites were lady luck (got it only on 2nd play through) and Dark Knight. My least favorite would probably have to be the Black Mage, because she only learns the 12 black magics, and no flare or ultima or anything useful.
Mong00se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 09:51 AM   #4

oestrus
T-Rexuar Snack

Re: What dresspheres do you use?

um gunmage trainer and warrior.
Old 04-27-2005, 04:39 AM   #5

Zynk
Vivi's Minder

Send a message via AIM to Zynk Send a message via Yahoo to Zynk
I had 2 Berserkers and one Alchemist and your set
Old 04-27-2005, 09:16 AM   #6

FFnut
Master Thief

Location: The space between dimensions... kinda like where Gilgamesh ends up in FF5.
*SPOILERS IF THEY HAVEN'T ALREADY BEEN MARKED*

When I beat the game first? Paine was Dark Knight, Rikku was an Alchemist, and Yuna was a Gunner.

Why Yuna a Gunner? I had her get Trigger Happy Level 3 early game and the accessory Cat Nip basically turned her into a god.

All the way to Cloister Infinity with that setup. Trema destroyed me too many times to count, though, so I basically gave up and just finished Vegnagun/Shuyin in about thirty seconds.

But I also thouroughly enjoyed Lady Luck. I haven't played the game in a while, but I had a system to get 777 on random reels every time. It basically bribes all enemies for you, gives you insane amounts of gil rather than losing insane amounts of gil from bribing, and you get EXP and AP for the battle on top of it (instead of not getting EXP and AP from bribing). Need I mention that Lady Luck was Yuna's other setup (when not using Gunner for Cat Nip/Trigger Happy)?

"Only an egotistical bastard would sig himself." ~ FFnut

That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons even death may die.

Commander Of The Platinum Dragons

Official Ex-Member

Last edited by FFnut; 04-27-2005 at 09:19 AM.
FFnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 11:54 AM   #7

Mong00se
Moogle Farmer

Yowza, wanna tell me how to get lucky 7's everytime? That would be greatly beneficial.
Mong00se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 05:52 PM   #8

Quezacotl
Vivi's Minder

I found the best way to beat Trema was to equip... now what was it, the armour that gives you Auto-Haste anyway, along with the Cat Nip. A hasted Gunner can fire twice as quickly during a Trigger Happy, so they get around 20 shots off whereas you'd normally get about 10-12 otherwise. The second time through was so much easier because I could give Paine the same setup aswell, and having two hasted Gunners with Cat Nip is a bit much.
Quezacotl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 07:03 PM   #9

FFnut
Master Thief

Location: The space between dimensions... kinda like where Gilgamesh ends up in FF5.

Oh, no, I know to use Auto-Haste and the Cat Nip trick. The only problem is Trema's insane speed and over 1000 damage attacks. I haven't even got up to him casting his big spells yet. At this point I've just quit, it's far too difficult.

"Only an egotistical bastard would sig himself." ~ FFnut

That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons even death may die.

Commander Of The Platinum Dragons

Official Ex-Member
FFnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 12:07 PM   #10
deasy
T-Rexuar Snack

I like paine dressphere as a black magic, really cute!! i've made that dress..
deasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 05:56 PM   #11

Max the Man
Master Thief

Send a message via MSN to Max the Man

I use...
Rikku: Alchemist or White Mage
Yuna: Gunner or Berserker
Paine: Dark Knight or Lady Luck

I don't ever use the Black Mage or the Gun Mage, but sometimes I dabble around as a Trainer or whatever.

Click on JunJun's face for a rad song~
Max the Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 10:46 PM   #12
Winterkill
Cactuar Thorn

Send a message via AIM to Winterkill

I dont really use the gun mage, gunner or songstress. Yuna is usually a white mage, or a samurai, Rikku is usually a thief or an alchemist and Paine is almost always the warrior or the dark knight. sometimes ill make 2 members a dark knight or a berserker.
Winterkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 07:46 PM   #13
Dark_PsycherV28
T-Rexuar Snack

Hm,mascot is definitely great if you get a lot of skills learned.The 2 DK and alc combo is simple and effective..i try to use them all.and max them all,now on my 2nd play through.

I beat trema,after losing a couple of times.I must say,you definitely need all the girls hasted,and preferably keep the other 2 as healers- gunner with catnip can do the job in 10 rounds or so.Though you still need some luck.The Iron Duke is awesome btw.Worth getting.
Dark_PsycherV28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 02:41 AM   #14

ff7Alexander
Cactuar Thorn

I use dark knight and Theif the most.
ff7Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 06:41 AM   #15

Phoenix Flame
Go Umbarbar do my bidding

Send a message via MSN to Phoenix Flame