Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > Final Fantasy Discussion > General FF Discussion
Community Mark Forums Read

General FF Discussion Talk about the game series in general.

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2005, 12:12 PM   #16

FFnut
Master Thief

Location: The space between dimensions... kinda like where Gilgamesh ends up in FF5.
Sure, why not? You can nominate as many things as you want, I'll place them in the divisions and fill in any blank holes. Once again, it's basically a first-come first-serve basis, but I have yet to obtain any PMs from anyone regarding this. So start sending in your nominations by PMing me!

"Only an egotistical bastard would sig himself." ~ FFnut

That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons even death may die.

Commander Of The Platinum Dragons

Official Ex-Member
Old 04-24-2005, 01:49 PM   #17

ShadowHeart
Master Summoner

Send a message via MSN to ShadowHeart
Well, I'm just not sure who to nominate :P But I'll drop ya a PM sometime soon
Memories will fade
Old 04-24-2005, 11:48 PM   #18

FFnut
Master Thief

Location: The space between dimensions... kinda like where Gilgamesh ends up in FF5.
Alright, I'll be expecting it.

Doesn't give these other slackers an excuse to not start sending them in, though.

C'mon, guys! I don't want to have to make up the entire bracket myself!

Official Ex-Member
Old 04-25-2005, 04:40 AM   #19

Shaggy
Administrator

FFnut, can you give me any example of a character that I need to submit? Still not 100% sure what you are looking for.
Old 04-25-2005, 10:20 AM   #20

FFnut
Master Thief

Basically, you nominate any character from any FF game that you want - it can be a monster, summon, villain, or character. There aren't many big limitations...

For example, under villain you can nominate creatures that were only bad guys for a short time/you never even really fought, it doesn't have to be the main villain of that game.

As such, you can nominate any character that did something notable in the game, like Cid in FF9, it doesn't have to be a playable character - but things like Generic Guards don't count.

The summons have to have been usable in at least one game though, so for you FF9 players Alexander IS nominatable, but Griever from FF8 is not, and Cactuar and Tonberry from FF8 fall under monsters anyway.

Speaking of monsters, it has to be something well-known. Many bosses will work as long as they actually did something, not like Snow from FF7. And no monster that makes me have to think for more than half a second to remember what it was - I'm not taking Geezard or Funguar from FF8, Rage Bomber from 7, or... goddamit, see, I can't remember a single one from any other game! See what I mean?

I'll also take stuff from Tactics if anyone wants to nominate them (highly doubtful, but you never know) but for the most part I'll take anything. Once again, I won't take obscure stuff or useless crud, but I will take most things.

So, to sum it all up, just as long as people will know what you're talking about, it's basically in. No obscure things. Stick to things that people will know (I'll also write a little thing in each poll matchup, so if you're confused you'll be able to figure it out). Start PMing me with your nominations!

There will be a new matchup every day of the month of May. It's a single-elimination tournament with 32 characters, so by the end of the month we'll be done. Have fun, guys.

Official Ex-Member
Old 04-26-2005, 11:45 AM   #21

ShadowHeart
Master Summoner

Send a message via MSN to ShadowHeart
All right, sent ya my nominations
Memories will fade
Old 04-27-2005, 04:44 AM   #22

Zynk
Vivi's Minder

Send a message via AIM to Zynk Send a message via Yahoo to Zynk
Swoon!!!
Old 04-30-2005, 11:01 AM   #23

FFnut
Master Thief

Alright, the thing's starting tomorrow and I've only gotten nominations from Shadowheart. Anybody else want to nominate? Better PM me fast. I have the bracket set up with Shadowheart's nominations already. I don't want to have to fill in all these holes!

If you want someone in, PM me with their name - make sure to let me know in the subject that it's nominations for the contest. Better hurry up!

Official Ex-Member
Old 07-22-2006, 04:42 AM   #24
richboywonder
Swordmaster

Re: Character Contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFnut
I've been overlooking the brackets for the "best villain ever" contest at GameFAQs in May, and I decided that we could do a similar thing. With Shaggy's permission (of course) we could set up a similar thing - polls to see who advances to the next round etc. etc. etc. I'll draw up the brackets if you guys help supply some characters.

How about it, Shaggy?
i check gamefaqs everyday to see the vs battles,ff always won.can't wait until it comes.
Old 07-22-2006, 05:33 AM   #25
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

Re: Character Contest

richboywonder, this happened a very long time ago. You can view the results of the other threads in teh Gen. FF forum, if I'm not mistaken.
Closed Thread