Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > Final Fantasy Discussion > Final Fantasy VIII
Community Mark Forums Read

Final Fantasy VIII Bring back the memories of the great adventure of a Man and his Gun.... Blade

Old 09-05-2005, 08:43 PM   #1
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

help on ultima weapon^^;...

well...i need help on ultima weapon. any advice will do...and, if i beat ultima, id assume the same strategy would work on that omega guy...right? any advice is much appreciated!
edit/also: can someone explain what they were researching down there? like, how they released ultima? thanks

Last edited by Zeromus_X; 09-05-2005 at 08:45 PM.
Zeromus_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 09:29 PM   #2

Spiff
Kung-Fu Fighter

Send a message via AIM to Spiff Send a message via MSN to Spiff
Re: help on ultima weapon^^;...

I think it's the same as Omega (never went after Ultima), Aura and then holy war. Repeat, and he's a piece of cake.
Old 09-05-2005, 10:24 PM   #3
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

well, i beat him . i used meltdown, tripled everyone,hasted everyone, auraed everyone, mighty guarded everyone, and then i dueled and renzokukened him until he died however, everyone says he uses lv 5 doom, and he never used it on me, the 5 times i tried to beat him...im just thankful i didnt have to fight anyone on the way out....those monsters were scary! i always Lv Downed them ...well, now to free rinoa!
Old 09-06-2005, 05:03 AM   #4

ShadowHeart
Master Summoner

Send a message via MSN to ShadowHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeromus_X
if i beat ultima, id assume the same strategy would work on that omega guy...right?
Negative. Omega is far far far more difficult than Ultima. However, his first 5-10 moves (can't remember the exact numbers) are always the same, so you can adjust your strategy after that. With the correct junctions and strategy you shouldn't even need Heroes/Holy Wars (I didn't). It's more fun to beat him without them though, they make it too easy If you want, I can tell you a bit about Omega and one way (how I did it) to beat him.

Quote:
can someone explain what they were researching down there? like, how they released ultima?
They were researching something about GFs if I recall correctly. Can't remember any more than that, besides that something went horribly wrong..

Quote:
however, everyone says he uses lv 5 doom, and he never used it on me
Ultima doesn't use Lv 5 doom if I rememeber correctly, Omega does however (it's his starting move always)

Quote:
im just thankful i didnt have to fight anyone on the way out
I'm pretty sure that defeating Ultima stops all random battles in those lowest regions (after you open the huge steam door), so that you won't have to fight any nasty enemies on the way back up But yeah, it is nice
Memories will fade
ShadowHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 09:06 PM   #5
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

the only thing i dont like about not having the nasty enemy encounters every step you take down there, is that alot of those enemies had like, energy crystals, and other rare items for weapon making. but i guess those two islands are good places too.. also, where do you get holy wars and hero drinks? i only have one hero drink, and i stole that one from seifer...and another thing, where can i find an item that teaches a GF status atk? or status def? and what do i junction 100 of to my status def(s?) to guard against bad breath? sorry for all the questions
Old 09-07-2005, 02:20 AM   #6

ShadowHeart
Master Summoner

You get 100 Heroes from modding Laguna's card, and 10 Holy Wars from modding Gilgamesh's card. Pretty lame to use them anyway, IMO

I had to check FAQs for the status thingies (because in all honesty, I have never used them):

Status Atk teaches ST-Atk, you can get 1 from refining 20 Royal Crowns (using using GFAbl Med-RF) or 3 by modding Siren's card.

Status Guard teaches ST-Defx4, you can get 1 from refining 1 Ribbon (using GFAbl Med-RF) or 3 by modding Doomtrain's card. You can also get 1 from completing the Shumi sidequest (never did that myself).

For Bad Breath, you want 100 Pain, 100 Confuse, 100 Berserk and 100 Sleep. 100 Pain will fully protect you against poison, darkness, silence and curse. Confuse, Berserk and Sleep protects against statuses that takes away your control of a character. Whatever is left can be cured immediately because you will still have control over your character.
Memories will fade

Last edited by Shadowheart; 09-07-2005 at 02:22 AM.
Old 09-08-2005, 12:33 AM   #7
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

thanks as of this post , i have(like, 5 minutes ago) beaten the game! gosh, it was such a gooood ending! ill probably print out the ultimecia=rinoa? theory from gamefaqs... makes you think....(oh, i only used my one heroe drink on ultimecia's final form...couldnt resist )
oh, can you tell me how you beat omega? just for reference...
Old 09-08-2005, 07:38 AM   #8

ShadowHeart
Master Summoner

Congrats

About Omega..

The idea here is to beat Omega before he unleashes Terra Break (Terra Break should be his 5th or 6th turn) and without using Heroes/Holy Wars.

FYI, Terra Break is a really cheap move that sends some 10-20 star-like objects falling down on your party, each hitting one character for 4000 damage (regardless of defense) or 2000 if you have Protect on. The Defend command cuts physical damage to 0, and it does work on Terra Break. Without using Defend, you will probably only have 1 character alive after Terra Break when using Protect.. if you don't use Protect.. well.. you're dead. It's also possible to protect against it by summoning high HP GFs (the GFs will take the damage instead, and probably die too).

Preparation:

* 9999 HP on everyone
* 100 Triples junctioned to Spd (Speed) on everyone
* Spd+40% on everyone (you really need as much speed as possible)
* 255 Str on Squall and Zell (Zell most importantly)
* Battle speed set to the slowest
* 100 Death junctioned to status defense if level is divisble by 5 (like 100)
* Get as high Vit and Spr as possible with whatever magic you have left to junction. It's not completely useless, it will help against Meteor and his physical attack (if he does one at all).
* Put Cerberus on the character with the best compatibility with him (if needed you can boost the combatibility by using Dragon Fins on the character, one Dragon Fin will raise the character's compatiblity with Cerberus by 3)
* Put Initiative ability on the character with Cerberus (would probably have to be the 3rd party member besides Squall and Zell then, because that party member doesn't need 255 Str and therefore has more room for customization).

Strategy:

Use only limit breaks with Squall and Zell once you are set up with Haste and Aura. With Zell's limit, only use the 2 simplest moves, Booya and Punch Rush I think (they will repeat indefinitely). If you have 255 Str, each hit will do ~5000 damage to Omega, 9999 if critical, and since those 2 moves are so easy you can get in over 40 of them in one single Duel, hitting up towards ~250k per Duel in total. That's why Zell needs 255 Str more than Squall does. The 3rd party member should mainly be prepared to heal (only heal when explicity stated so) and refresh Aura when needed, but can attack in some way too if you like.

The battle:

1) Omega will start the battle with Lv5 Death, but it should miss everyone. Whoever has Cerberus, summon it ASAP! Have the next character with a turn cast Meltdown on Omega to cut his Vit to 0. The last characters should wait for Cerberus to finish, so they get Triple:d.

2) Once Cerberus has been summoned, cast Aura and Haste on everyone using Triple ASAP. From then on, Zell and Squall should only do limit breaks, especially Zell.

3) Omega's next turn should be Meteor (it's possible he throws in a physical hit in between Lv5 Death and Meteor though, happened when I fought him actually). Heal immediately after Meteor, preferably with the 3rd party member (that is, not Squall/Zell).

4) After Meteor, Omega's next turn will be Megiddo Flame. It will deal 9998 damage to everyone regardless of their current/max HP or defenses, so everyone should be left at 1 HP (if anyone died, you failed), so it's crucial that you heal after Meteor. Do NOT heal after Megiddo Flame. I repeat, do NOT heal after Megiddo Flame. Omega's next attack will be Gravija, a gravity attack, and it will deal 0 damage to everyone when you have only 1 HP. Plus, having 1 HP helps your limit breaks. Squall will be more likely to get more hits with Renzokuken, and Zell will get more time for his Duel. Heck, you don't even need Aura at 1 HP

5) From the moment Omega has used Megiddo Flame, just hit away with all you got. After Gravija, his next attack will be Terra Break, but if you played your cards right he will be dead before he uses it.

To sum things up...

* 9999 HP, 255 Str (on Squall/Zell) and as high Spd as possible.
* Summon Cerberus for Triple on everyone.
* Meltdown Omega and Aura/Haste everyone.
* Pound away with Renzokuken and Duel, heal ONLY after Meteor.

If you chicken out and get scared after Gravija, you could heal up and pray that you survive Terra Break (taking appropriate measures, like casting Protect, summoning GFs and/or using the Defend command), and try to finish him afterwards (provided you survive, you will likely have only 1 character at most alive after Terra Break unless you use Defend or summong high HP GFs in time). It certainly is possible. With high enough Spd, 255 Str and proper use of Duel, you will be able to kill him before Terra Break though.

Also, it's possible casting Triple manually rather than summoning Cerberus would be better, so do as you want there, but I think I rather summon Cerberus (with high compatibility of course).

EDIT: One final note.. you may want to practice Duel before fighting Omega, unless you've chained Booya and Punch Rush before that way (which is commonly called Armageddon Fist for some reason). Duel will be your main damage dealer, so you don't want to fail that part.
Memories will fade

Last edited by Shadowheart; 09-08-2005 at 07:46 AM.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:08 AM   #9

Xartex
Gunblade Expert

Send a message via ICQ to Xartex Send a message via MSN to Xartex

that is a very good guide... i sure will use when the time comes
Xartex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 06:46 PM   #10
gcarev10
Master Thief

aura and hero baby,aura and hero baby. HA ! HA ! HA!
Mantis????
gcarev10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 07:01 PM   #11

ShadowHeart
Master Summoner

Using Hero or Holy Wars is lame
Memories will fade