Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > General > Off-Topic
Community Mark Forums Read

Off-Topic All things related to anything that doesn’t have to do with Final Fantasy should be posted here. (Keep it clean or be banned.)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-25-2008, 10:20 PM   #1
 
Shaggy's Avatar
Shaggy
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Behind the wheel of FFNET.NET
Age: 46
Posts: 677
Ok, got a question for ya.

As you all may know, I am moving this forum to a different site that I have being developed (well it is done, just going through and checking for bugs). If you don't know, its a site that has 2 more gaming forums on it including Final Fantasy. There are front pages for all 3 games, Final Fantasy, BattleField, and Call of Duty. I will be definitly putting in more gaming forums in the near future, I just started out with those 3. You will have the same post count there as you do here, and you will be able to post in the other gaming forums without even login in and login out. Pretty simple. Anyways, my question is that each gaming forum will have its own front page. I am wanting to see if any of you guys/gals would be interested in doing some articles, writeups, walkthroughs for FF? If so, let me know here or PM.

Thanks
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 12:50 AM   #2
 
Leon's Avatar
Leon
Lugeo Spiritus
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: I travel
Age: 33
Posts: 794
Re: Ok, got a question for ya.

not that i'd have time to write a walkthrough coz ill be gone soon, but i found the ff information stuff very helpful

that can be uzed too
__________________
"There is absolutely nothing that is impossible, only not trying hard enough"
"Time is the most precious thing there is, everyone has it, yet... everyone wastes it"
"The greatest glory in life is to keep getting up as soon as you fall"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
This forum will never end. I has gone through some rough times lately, but it will never be shut down!!
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 02:14 AM   #3
 
Phoenix Flame's Avatar
Phoenix Flame
Go Umbarbar do my bidding
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: By myself. It's lonely ;-;
Posts: 3,044
Send a message via MSN to Phoenix Flame
Re: Ok, got a question for ya.

Well I've already co-authored a FF XII walkthrough...so you can definitely use that (its in a link under the sticky'd thread in 'Final Fantasy Game Information.')

I would be willing to e-mail several of the folks at gamefaqs for their permission to link the walkthroughs they've written here...and POSSIBLY write a few of my own for FFX, FFXII, (different one) ....maybe even some earlier FFs - but no promises. We'll see how much time I can put into those in the near-future.
__________________
Fight, if there is something to fight for.
Never give in, or give up - but ALWAYS give.
Choose your battles wisely.
You only get one shot at life. Follow your heart.
Phoenix Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 02:26 AM   #4
 
jedi geoff's Avatar
jedi geoff
And then there was one...
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: On the plains of FF6. So i can hear that cool overworld music
Age: 29
Posts: 337
Re: Ok, got a question for ya.

battlefield and call of duty? GArH!! two of the few games i dont play :S
but i cant complain.

and now i only need 1 more post.........
__________________
Selphie :
"Up yours, we're here to screw up your plan"
jedi geoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 02:54 AM   #5
 
darkshadow2247's Avatar
darkshadow2247
Highwind Pilot
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Zanarkand
Age: 33
Posts: 544
Send a message via ICQ to darkshadow2247 Send a message via AIM to darkshadow2247 Send a message via MSN to darkshadow2247 Send a message via Yahoo to darkshadow2247
Re: Ok, got a question for ya.

Well I'm down for helping out in anyway that I can. I will say that there is no way that I could write a walkthrough on my own but I definitely do not mind co-authoring one.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpressCrystal
Whoa you look like a porn star. But still pretty. I'm just glad to see you online.
darkshadow2247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 03:01 AM   #6
 
Doctor's Avatar
Doctor
Highwind Captain
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Hulle Granz Cathedral
Age: 31
Posts: 1,172
Send a message via AIM to Doctor
Re: Ok, got a question for ya.

Depending on your definition of "article" I'd be willing to write something. I've always thought about writing a walkthrough, but that would take quite a while, and I'd have to go through a FF again just to get it done...but I'll think about it.
__________________
'All games contain the idea of death.'
--The Lords and the New Creatures
Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 08:19 AM   #7
 
Phoenix Flame's Avatar
Phoenix Flame
Go Umbarbar do my bidding
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: By myself. It's lonely ;-;
Posts: 3,044
Send a message via MSN to Phoenix Flame
Re: Ok, got a question for ya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkshadow2247 View Post
Well I'm down for helping out in anyway that I can. I will say that there is no way that I could write a walkthrough on my own but I definitely do not mind co-authoring one.

Hmm... o_o;



Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
Depending on your definition of "article" I'd be willing to write something. I've always thought about writing a walkthrough, but that would take quite a while, and I'd have to go through a FF again just to get it done...but I'll think about it.


HMMM.... Interesting!

I'd love to go through a game with a partner or as a team and write a FAQ/Walthrough.

Some of my thoughts these past few days...

FFX/X: International - either on classic sphere grid, expert sphere grid or NSG...although I'm not too sure about the NSG. ...and some spin-offs
a) Tidus/Rikku/Auron/Yuna/or Kimhari-only walkthoughs (not NSG)
b) Sphere grid maxing (obviously...not NSG - although it WOULD be interesting to max out the sphere grid, but never use it at all. XDD)

FFXII - A better perfect game walkthough (the one we did has a LOT of gaps and doesn't explain too much = /) AND/OR a 122333 game or a Dual Character walkthrough.

Of the earlier FFs I have all but FF1 & 2...but can get my hands on them pretty easily (gave the DS cartridge to my step dad...and he doesn't really play it anyway. ;p) I've NEVER played FF4-5 though. = /

=_= Too many options I know - but if someone would be interested in one of those, let me know.
__________________
Fight, if there is something to fight for.
Never give in, or give up - but ALWAYS give.
Choose your battles wisely.
You only get one shot at life. Follow your heart.
Phoenix Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 11:56 PM   #8
froggboy604
Moogle Farmer
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 189
Re: Ok, got a question for ya.

Will the link be the same?
froggboy604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 12:58 AM   #9
 
Shaggy's Avatar
Shaggy
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Behind the wheel of FFNET.NET
Age: 46
Posts: 677
Re: Ok, got a question for ya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by froggboy604 View Post
Will the link be the same?

What link? You mean the URL, ffnet.net?
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 11:06 PM   #10
 
darkshadow2247's Avatar
darkshadow2247
Highwind Pilot
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Zanarkand
Age: 33
Posts: 544
Send a message via ICQ to darkshadow2247 Send a message via AIM to darkshadow2247 Send a message via MSN to darkshadow2247 Send a message via Yahoo to darkshadow2247
Re: Ok, got a question for ya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Flame View Post
Hmm... o_o;







HMMM.... Interesting!

I'd love to go through a game with a partner or as a team and write a FAQ/Walthrough.

Some of my thoughts these past few days...

FFX/X: International - either on classic sphere grid, expert sphere grid or NSG...although I'm not too sure about the NSG. ...and some spin-offs
a) Tidus/Rikku/Auron/Yuna/or Kimhari-only walkthoughs (not NSG)
b) Sphere grid maxing (obviously...not NSG - although it WOULD be interesting to max out the sphere grid, but never use it at all. XDD)

FFXII - A better perfect game walkthough (the one we did has a LOT of gaps and doesn't explain too much = /) AND/OR a 122333 game or a Dual Character walkthrough.

Of the earlier FFs I have all but FF1 & 2...but can get my hands on them pretty easily (gave the DS cartridge to my step dad...and he doesn't really play it anyway. ;p) I've NEVER played FF4-5 though. = /

=_= Too many options I know - but if someone would be interested in one of those, let me know.
I like to write. I do a lot of blogging, write quite a bit of poetry, and I also write short stories here and there. So as far as a writing project from simple opinion article, to a break down of every item, to a full on walkthrough, I'll make an attempt.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpressCrystal
Whoa you look like a porn star. But still pretty. I'm just glad to see you online.
darkshadow2247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 02:42 AM   #11
 
Shaggy's Avatar
Shaggy
Administrator
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Behind the wheel of FFNET.NET
Age: 46
Posts: 677
Re: Ok, got a question for ya.

Ok, I will look for users that are interested in writing up reviews too. So when I make the move, be ready for me to move you guys/gals into writers position.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 05:34 AM   #12
 
Phoenix Flame's Avatar
Phoenix Flame
Go Umbarbar do my bidding
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: By myself. It's lonely ;-;
Posts: 3,044
Send a message via MSN to Phoenix Flame
Re: Ok, got a question for ya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkshadow2247 View Post
I like to write. I do a lot of blogging, write quite a bit of poetry, and I also write short stories here and there. So as far as a writing project from simple opinion article, to a break down of every item, to a full on walkthrough, I'll make an attempt.
What games would you want to tackle first? ...and how soon?
__________________
Fight, if there is something to fight for.
Never give in, or give up - but ALWAYS give.
Choose your battles wisely.
You only get one shot at life. Follow your heart.
Phoenix Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 05:15 PM   #13
 
darkshadow2247's Avatar
darkshadow2247
Highwind Pilot
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Zanarkand
Age: 33
Posts: 544
Send a message via ICQ to darkshadow2247 Send a message via AIM to darkshadow2247 Send a message via MSN to darkshadow2247 Send a message via Yahoo to darkshadow2247
Re: Ok, got a question for ya.

I have FFX, FFX-2, and FFXII here with me. It's been a while since I played either because I've been stuck playing GTA IV and Lost Odyssey for the past few months. It's whatever to me. I need a partner in crime if I'm going to write a walk-through though. I like to be thorough with things like that.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpressCrystal
Whoa you look like a porn star. But still pretty. I'm just glad to see you online.
darkshadow2247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 06:57 PM   #14
froggboy604
Moogle Farmer
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 189
Re: Ok, got a question for ya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
What link? You mean the URL, ffnet.net?
Yes, I mean the URL ffnet.net
froggboy604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 07:22 AM   #15
gmbhxx
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3
Re: Ok, got a question for ya.

ya... right...
gmbhxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -3. The time now is 02:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright FFNET.NET