Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > Final Fantasy Discussion > General FF Discussion
Community Mark Forums Read

General FF Discussion Talk about the game series in general.

Old 08-30-2006, 05:05 PM   #16

Spiff
Kung-Fu Fighter

Send a message via AIM to Spiff Send a message via MSN to Spiff
Re: The final Final Fantasy

As long as they make money Square will keep making them. They'll probably drop the number at some point though and just put a title in its place like Deige of Cerberus.
Old 08-30-2006, 05:15 PM   #17

Zeon
Master Thief

Location: where the tonberry lies, i'll be there, where the sea meets the sands, i'll be there...hell :)
Send a message via MSN to Zeon

but dirge of cerburus has the FF7 bit first.........................
Zeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 05:20 PM   #18

Spiff
Kung-Fu Fighter

Send a message via AIM to Spiff Send a message via MSN to Spiff

Final Fantasy: Mirrors in Wind

This could be Final Fantasy 54 but instead of putting FF54 they'll just take out the number like the Zelda series.
Old 08-30-2006, 05:22 PM   #19

Zeon
Master Thief

Location: where the tonberry lies, i'll be there, where the sea meets the sands, i'll be there...hell :)

i no............FF crystal chronicles??? another one. (and tht game sucked........first one on gamecube.........and hoping the last )
Old 08-30-2006, 06:04 PM   #20

Staircase
Shinra Owner

Send a message via AIM to Staircase
Re: the end of an era......?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeromus_X
I do hope it does end around 20 (it'd get a bit ridiculous after that)
Why you think Final fantasys would start being ridiculous after 20? I hope the series continues far past that. Just want your thoughts on that.
Old 08-30-2006, 10:03 PM   #21

Hydra
3, 2, 1, Let's Jam

Send a message via MSN to Hydra Send a message via Yahoo to Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeon
i was thinking..........where is final fantasy gunna end? is it gunna continue forward into the future until we go to the shops buying FF54? or is it coming to a close soon...........? i hoped tht it would never end but sure enuf it will. when is uncertain why? hello FF54? i dont think so......... i mean say tht out loud. sound right to u?.........nope. so when do we think itll end ppl???
On the Playstation Twelve. All FF characters join forces to fight all of the FF bosses in history, then they combine into an ultra boss, where they all combine the heros into a super hero. Yes, even Ultros.

Is what the Final Fantasy era will become of if they keep making them. It's a great thing it's lasted this long, and I hope for more to come. But eventually, they're going to HAVE to run out of ideas. I see it running for a very long time, but it's going to stop eventually.
Old 08-30-2006, 11:10 PM   #22
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staircase
Why you think Final fantasys would start being ridiculous after 20? I hope the series continues far past that. Just want your thoughts on that.
Because, well, it'd be over 20 additions to the series! That's quite a bit, at least for me (I don't know many forms of entertainment that have reached over 20 installments). Something along the lines of what darkshadow said (with subtitles) would be ideal.

Final Fantasy XXXVI: The Final Final Fantasy. We Promise. Just kidding. Haha.
Zeromus_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 11:54 PM   #23

Hydra
3, 2, 1, Let's Jam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeromus_X
Because, well, it'd be over 20 additions to the series! That's quite a bit, at least for me (I don't know many forms of entertainment that have reached over 20 installments). Something along the lines of what darkshadow said (with subtitles) would be ideal.

Final Fantasy XXXVI: The Final Final Fantasy. We Promise. Just kidding. Haha.
Best. Title. Ever.

I do believe they'll make a LOT more, but they'll run out of spectacular ideas soon enough.
Old 09-02-2006, 10:17 AM   #24

Avathar
"GET YOUR NAILS DONE!!"

Send a message via AIM to Avathar Send a message via MSN to Avathar Send a message via Yahoo to Avathar Send a message via Skype™ to Avathar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydra
I do believe they'll make a LOT more, but they'll run out of spectacular ideas soon enough.
You sound pretty certain about that, but in fact, no one knows how things are going to end up to be. But, like I think I said before, if Square-Enix has the possibility to gain new writers and new ideas, for new upcoming generations of gamers: Then its popularity won't end soon enough.

And when looking at a series like Final Fantasy: it's also a certainty that looking back to the past in new games is also a bonus. Just a matter of combining factors to keep the gameseries exciting.

And for me, even though FFXII and FFXIII and the add-ons? look really nice and all, I can't really be bothered with new games in this serie. I'm a big fan of Final Fantasy in its whole, but not always to keep on buying and playing, just to keep up with the newest of newest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis
Now, contemplate the tuttifrutti powahs in my avatar!
MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!
Last.fm YouTube DeviantArt Last.FM TheShrine DinoButt
Avathar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 03:09 PM   #25

Hydra
3, 2, 1, Let's Jam

I'm pretty certain.

Even with new writers and such, Final Fantasy has done it all before. In time, they'll have to combine two half assed ideas they had to make a whole one, just to make a successful game. Eventually, that won't work anymore. I didn't say it'd end anytime soon. But I'm 100% certain it IS going to end. They can't make new ideas forever. Besides, a few slip ups will change the view of everyone about Final Fantasy. They have a big responsibility on their hands, and they're going to drop it eventually.
Old 09-03-2006, 03:17 PM   #26

Yggdrasill
Cruxis Angel

Send a message via MSN to Yggdrasill

In time Final Fantasy will stop being profitable. Hopefully that time isn't near.
I have to be honest FFXXXII will just look stupid though. XP

Homer: I've learned that life is one crushing defeat after another until you just wish Flanders was dead.
Yggdrasill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 03:21 PM   #27

Hydra
3, 2, 1, Let's Jam

Hell, you never know. They might make spinoffs with different places that may be used in the next Final Fantasy game. In that case, it'll go on longer. But meh, only time can tell that sort of thing.
Old 09-03-2006, 06:33 PM   #28
richboywonder
Swordmaster

it's gonna have to come to some point when they run out of ideas.by the time we are dead they will probably still be making them.
richboywonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2006, 06:36 PM   #29

Zeon
Master Thief

imagine.................Final Fantasy C (100)................WOW
Old 09-03-2006, 07:15 PM   #30

Staircase
Shinra Owner

Send a message via AIM to Staircase

Ide say square isnt dumb enough to actually put "Final Fantasy: XXVII". It just stops being catchy after 19. Im sure if they go above 20 they will (as Spiff said) take off the numbers. And i can see final fantasy going on for a very long time (as ive said before). But even if FF Does end soon, theres still great RPGs out there (Xenosaga, its an amazing RPG).