Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > General > Serious Discussion and Debates
Community Mark Forums Read

Serious Discussion and Debates For serious subjects. Curent events, news, religion, politics and science. As this is a debate forum posts in here MUST HAVE at least 20 words and be relevent to the discussion.

View Poll Results: Is it right to cheat on someone you is in a relionship?
Yes 3 9.09%
No 30 90.91%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-21-2006, 04:48 PM   #1
 
Seyluv's Avatar
Seyluv
*Isu's Empress/Wife*
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: ???
Posts: 5,441
Red face Cheating

Is it right to cheat on someone you is in a relionship? Have you ever done this? Would you ever cheat?

For me I believe it is wrong to cheat on someone. I will never do this act or will ever plan to do such a thing.
__________________
Seyluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 04:53 PM   #2
 
John Smith's Avatar
John Smith
~Wizard~
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ragnarok
Age: 33
Posts: 4,242
Send a message via MSN to John Smith Send a message via Yahoo to John Smith Send a message via Skype™ to John Smith
Re: Cheating

No, no and no

I'll forever hate who does it.
__________________
I donated all the Ninja Cookies to church. Alas, all the children got obese!

Click here to read Dragon Ball Multiverse! Includes several languages! =D
John Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 04:55 PM   #3
 
Seyluv's Avatar
Seyluv
*Isu's Empress/Wife*
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: ???
Posts: 5,441
Re: Cheating

Right now two of my classmates are talking about how they cheat on their girls and how everyone is doing it. Which help me create this topic.

I strongly am against cheating, I mean why would I do that to someone.
__________________
Seyluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 05:26 PM   #4
 
Staircase's Avatar
Staircase
Shinra Owner
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: USA / New York
Posts: 483
Send a message via AIM to Staircase
Re: Cheating

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Smith
No, no and no

I'll forever hate who does it.
My exact thoughts...

It isn't true love if you are tempted to be with another woman, so why stay with the person you are cheating on in the first place?
__________________
Staircase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 06:07 PM   #5
 
Kiera's Avatar
Kiera
Princess of Capoeira
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: FL
Age: 42
Posts: 177
Re: Cheating

Well I know its something most of you all do not like, I do not like it either its horrible. But the thing is, if the person you are dating before marriage, if they cheat on you, no one is to tell them not to. They make their own choices and if they do cheat on you and try to cry back in your arms to have both of you, to either leech off of what you ahve or just like to play games, that is their choice. Plus if they do that, its also not right to hate them for it, they are not the person for you. Even though you thought they were. Now if they were married to you, that is a different story.
__________________

"The Body is Limited to the Mind, but the Mind isn't Limited to the Body."
Kiera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 07:00 PM   #6
 
Avathar's Avatar
Avathar
"GET YOUR NAILS DONE!!"
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The city of Antwerp~
Age: 38
Posts: 3,348
Send a message via AIM to Avathar Send a message via MSN to Avathar Send a message via Yahoo to Avathar Send a message via Skype™ to Avathar
Re: Cheating

No, NO, NO!

Cheating is never good, in my opinion, even if it's cheating for a good reason, or for good intention, or if the significant doesn't figure it out, it all would just come down to failure in trust, no matter what.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis
Now, contemplate the tuttifrutti powahs in my avatar!
MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!
Last.fm YouTube DeviantArt Last.FM TheShrine DinoButt
Avathar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 07:33 PM   #7
 
Kat's Avatar
Kat
k i t t y .
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Oh, I'm in your room..under your bed, haha <3
Posts: 11,038
Send a message via AIM to Kat Send a message via MSN to Kat
Re: Cheating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avathar
No, NO, NO!

Cheating is never good, in my opinion, even if it's cheating for a good reason, or for good intention, or if the significant doesn't figure it out, it all would just come down to failure in trust, no matter what.
quoted for the truth ^-^
__________________

The perfect Example of: Imperfection
Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 09:02 PM   #8
 
John Smith's Avatar
John Smith
~Wizard~
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ragnarok
Age: 33
Posts: 4,242
Send a message via MSN to John Smith Send a message via Yahoo to John Smith Send a message via Skype™ to John Smith
Re: Cheating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avathar
No, NO, NO!

Cheating is never good, in my opinion, even if it's cheating for a good reason, or for good intention, or if the significant doesn't figure it out, it all would just come down to failure in trust, no matter what.
I wouldn't have said it better myself

BTW, Kiera, if you had a boyfriend and he was cheating on you, how would you feel?
__________________
I donated all the Ninja Cookies to church. Alas, all the children got obese!

Click here to read Dragon Ball Multiverse! Includes several languages! =D
John Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 09:18 PM   #9
 
Seyluv's Avatar
Seyluv
*Isu's Empress/Wife*
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: ???
Posts: 5,441
Re: Cheating

One ogf my best friends was cheating on her boyfriend with two other guys and then it caught up with her. She was to get married to this guy and he cheated on her two times in a row. One time in her very owned bed. I believe that if you do something it will come back on you. I treat everyone I know with the same respect they give me.
__________________
Seyluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 09:17 AM   #10
 
Phoenix Flame's Avatar
Phoenix Flame
Go Umbarbar do my bidding
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: By myself. It's lonely ;-;
Posts: 3,044
Send a message via MSN to Phoenix Flame
Re: Cheating

Ok,...time to own up. Maybe someone will learn something from my experience. Last year I cheated on my gf. It did not come to sex...but might as well have because that's how she felt. She has always had a difficult time with trust and to do something like that to her was trust shattering. I believe what Avathar said about not doing it even for the 'right' reasons. It may seem right to you at the time, (for me it felt right because of anger, misunderstandings and insecurity) but you will inevitably ruin everything...your self-respect, self-image and feelings of self-worth. It really sucks. I eventually came clean because I really did/do love my gf and wanted to put it all behind me. I hoped that we could work things out and for a short while (a week or so) it worked. Afterwards, though, she couldn't handle it anymore and broke it off with me. I was devastated. I went from thinking she was the one, to unsure and confused (cheating) to being 100% sure, to losing her...I thought for good. However, after about 3 months of silence, she called me one day because her good friend AND grandmother passed in the same week - and she needed someone to talk to. I was there for her and we've been rebuilding trust ever since. It's been a long, difficult journey: but very worth it. I love her and know that there is nothing that will ever tear me away from her like that again...I would even understand it if she decided to cheat on me (for similar reasons or for revenge or just because.) No one deserves what I did to her. Every day I wake up I remind myself of it ~ because I don't want to repeat the past. I mostly use it as a rear-view mirror, but every once in a while she will be insecure and ask me again how she can be sure I'll ALWAYS be there for her, and "I just know" doesn't cut it...you know? I know because I would rather die/kill myself than lose her again. I know because I'm writing this post now. I know because she is my Sun - the center of my universe. I know because EVERY SINGLE DAY WE WERE APART I thought of her and missed her and longed for her. She is my ewe lamb. My partner and my lifesaver.

So, er...John; do you forever hate me?
__________________
Fight, if there is something to fight for.
Never give in, or give up - but ALWAYS give.
Choose your battles wisely.
You only get one shot at life. Follow your heart.
Phoenix Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 02:57 PM   #11
 
John Smith's Avatar
John Smith
~Wizard~
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ragnarok
Age: 33
Posts: 4,242
Send a message via MSN to John Smith Send a message via Yahoo to John Smith Send a message via Skype™ to John Smith
Re: Cheating

Yeah :mad:

If she forgived you, it's her bussiness, but I don't understand why you cheated on her if you loved her that much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reasoniamalive
Afterwards, though, she couldn't handle it anymore and broke it off with me. I was devastated.
And she did a very good thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reasoniamalive
However, after about 3 months of silence, she called me one day because her good friend AND grandmother passed in the same week
My feelings
__________________
I donated all the Ninja Cookies to church. Alas, all the children got obese!

Click here to read Dragon Ball Multiverse! Includes several languages! =D

Last edited by John Smith; 12-22-2006 at 07:55 PM.
John Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 03:03 PM   #12
 
Spec Highwind's Avatar
Spec Highwind
The Portuguese Dragoon
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Arubboth, the afterlife
Age: 31
Posts: 3,206
Send a message via MSN to Spec Highwind Send a message via Yahoo to Spec Highwind
Re: Cheating

One of my best friends is always cheating on his girlfriend... And I hate that... If he hadn't gone to Switzerland I would make him tell her the truth... or else I would tell her myself.

So, my answer is no. Definitely not. And it is the worst thing someone could ever do to me.
__________________

"My hopes live on in those who remain"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat View Post
omg.
that quote is totally going in my sig.

Last edited by Spec Highwind; 02-04-2008 at 07:13 PM.
Spec Highwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 07:52 PM   #13
 
Staircase's Avatar
Staircase
Shinra Owner
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: USA / New York
Posts: 483
Send a message via AIM to Staircase
Re: Cheating

Quote:
Originally Posted by reasoniamalive
So, er...John; do you forever hate me?
There is a big difference between those who cheat and realize what they have done, and those who cheat and continue to do it. I will forever hate those who cheat and do not see the wrong in it. It is as if they do not care about anyone else's feelings at all.

Obviously it was a bad idea for you to cheat on your girlfriend, but you also realize your mistake.
__________________
Staircase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 08:01 PM   #14
 
John Smith's Avatar
John Smith
~Wizard~
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ragnarok
Age: 33
Posts: 4,242
Send a message via MSN to John Smith Send a message via Yahoo to John Smith Send a message via Skype™ to John Smith
Re: Cheating

Still, he has done it and nothing can happen that erases that. Nothng can happen to make so that it had never happened. Nothing can take it out of their memories (Except amnesia, but that's another thing >_>).

Yes, it's a good thing that he realised what he had done and that what he did was wrong. It's a good thing that he feels bad about it. It's a good thing that he bares in mind the horrible thing that he did to his girlfriend.

If she forgived you, who am I to judge you?

By the way, you two are back again, aren't you?
__________________
I donated all the Ninja Cookies to church. Alas, all the children got obese!

Click here to read Dragon Ball Multiverse! Includes several languages! =D
John Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 01:00 AM   #15
 
Phoenix Flame's Avatar
Phoenix Flame
Go Umbarbar do my bidding
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: By myself. It's lonely ;-;
Posts: 3,044
Send a message via MSN to Phoenix Flame
Re: Cheating

Yes. We are together. And thank you Staircase for your point of view. I have definitely grown to appreciate all that has happened, for it has made us stronger as individuals, as well as a couple.

Yes Smith, you are right: nothing can ever erase that from our memories, but God (with the help of time) can heal a lot of wounds and make lemonade out of the most sour of lemons.

BTW: You are still my favorite wizazard
__________________
Fight, if there is something to fight for.
Never give in, or give up - but ALWAYS give.
Choose your battles wisely.
You only get one shot at life. Follow your heart.
Phoenix Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -3. The time now is 03:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright FFNET.NET