Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > Final Fantasy Discussion > Final Fantasy VIII
Community Mark Forums Read

Final Fantasy VIII Bring back the memories of the great adventure of a Man and his Gun.... Blade

Old 10-11-2006, 12:04 PM   #46

ThroneofDravaris
Chocobo Jockey

Re: Likes and dislike about VIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slider
- Actually it does, but I'm repeating myself, how much motivation do you need to become the most powerfull being with the ability to control existence???????? that's why you can overlook the motivation in that case or not give it too much importance if it wasn't clear enough .
No, you can’t. A character that has no backstory and no real motivation is still a two dimensional character, no matter how obviously entertaining it would be to control all existence.

Quote:
-As for Seifer I'll have to ask you again, How? why? in What way? a short clip? in what way could they change the scene ENTIRELY? how important was that? how much significance would it add to his final appearance after it's all over? Why fade away from the main plot and the characters getting ready for SeeD's ultimate purpose for such a thing?
I have already stated several times that only a very short scene would have been required to fill out Seifer’s character and forshadow his appearance in the ending. It doesn’t have to interfere with the Final Battle at all; straight after the battle with Adel would have been just fine. This is important in that it would mend the continuity error within Disk 4 and provide a plausible, logical ending to a pivotal character within the game.
ThroneofDravaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 12:12 PM   #47
Slider
Master Summoner

TO END THIS, coz it's taken too long
Your rating of the importance of Ultimicia's motivation in FF8 is diffrent than mine same as for what happened to the nemesis Seifer alright?
If you are still willing to discuss it then let's pm before we drift Off-Topic
Slider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 12:20 PM   #48

ThroneofDravaris
Chocobo Jockey

Clearly, this discussion is simply going to go around in circles due to said difference of opinion on the level of depth which should have been incorporated into the plot, so it is probably best if we do indeed end this here.
Old 10-11-2006, 03:51 PM   #49

dappa
Master Summoner

I think they should of added a scene where you can see how seifer got back to being a regular guy again.
dappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 12:34 AM   #50
FantasyFanatic
Vivi's Minder

Quote:
Originally Posted by dappa
I think they should of added a scene where you can see how seifer got back to being a regular guy again.
you're right, we never really knew what happened to that guy to make him a decent person again.

I like the fact, like in most FF games, that Squall was far from perfect, you know? Finally games come along that people can actually relate to...in a way...Cloud was also a good example of this. I also like the Junction system...It was a lot more customizable than other ff games and diffucult to get the hang of properly. Great stuff.
Old 10-18-2006, 12:38 AM   #51
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

Not to start the argument up again, but I do have a comment on Ultimecia's motivation. She states while possessing Edea during her speech to the citizens of Deling City (near the end of disc one) of how Sorceresses have been persecuted throughout history. That coupled with the fact of SeeDs persecuting her across time would indeed cause her to get pretty irritated and decide to end it all. Not much of a better excuse to go all nihilistic than many of the other Final Fantasy villains, but she isn't without depth. Of course, this also introduces some other plot holes, but FFVIII isn't really without those, as can be noticed.

That's all.
Zeromus_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 03:25 AM   #52

ThroneofDravaris
Chocobo Jockey

I've heard this brought up before and while it makes sense it is still just a theory. The lines that Ultimecia speaks aren't enough to determine whether perceution had any direct effect on her, or her motivation to compress time.
Old 10-18-2006, 10:20 PM   #53
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

That's true.
Old 10-21-2006, 07:20 PM   #54
Slider
Master Summoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeromus_X
Not to start the argument up again, but I do have a comment on Ultimecia's motivation. She states while possessing Edea during her speech to the citizens of Deling City (near the end of disc one) of how Sorceresses have been persecuted throughout history. That coupled with the fact of SeeDs persecuting her across time would indeed cause her to get pretty irritated and decide to end it all. Not much of a better excuse to go all nihilistic than many of the other Final Fantasy villains, but she isn't without depth. Of course, this also introduces some other plot holes, but FFVIII isn't really without those, as can be noticed.

That's all.
Doubted,
But still makes a very good point, her hatred for SeeD is obvious but maybe because she knew they'll stand in her way, I'm not sure!
Slider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 11:08 AM   #55

Yggdrasill
Cruxis Angel

Send a message via MSN to Yggdrasill

One of my main dislikes about FFVIII is that it was so overly easy, even more so than FFIX.
The abusable Limit-break system and the fact that it's possible to take off 2000 or more damage by the end of disc-1 just makes me feel like the game has no challenge.

Homer: I've learned that life is one crushing defeat after another until you just wish Flanders was dead.
Yggdrasill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 08:06 PM   #56
Zeromus_X
Master Summoner

Quote:
Doubted,
But still makes a very good point, her hatred for SeeD is obvious but maybe because she knew they'll stand in her way, I'm not sure!
She also wants to 'absorb the power of all Sorceresses across time' (according to Final Ultimecia's Scan), but there doesn't seem to be any reason for that either, unless she's going through her Kefka phase.
Old 11-09-2006, 10:18 PM   #57

ave
Moogle Farmer

likes= story , gfs, ending
dislikes= The Junction System, the random battles, the way rajin(sp?) says yaknow to much

"Would you think I was crazy if I told you I was in love with a voice in a fictional charecters head?"

ave is offline   Reply With Quote