Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > Final Fantasy Discussion > General FF Discussion
Community Mark Forums Read

General FF Discussion Talk about the game series in general.

View Poll Results: which is more cute Moogles or Chocobos?
Moogles are way cuter, kupo! 26 50.00%
I vote chocobos,kweh! 26 50.00%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-22-2004, 06:49 PM   #1

Gumdrop
Highwind Pilot

Smile Moogles Vs Chocobos!

Which do you think is better/cutter moogles or chocobos? I prefer moogles, I think they are much cuter
Gumdrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 06:56 PM   #2

FFnut
Master Thief

Location: The space between dimensions... kinda like where Gilgamesh ends up in FF5.
WARK!

Let's see... one heals, one lets you ride it... one is a playable class in FFTA, one is a controllable monster type in FFT... Cait Sith rides one in FF7, you breed one to get the cheapest summon spell in the game... yeah, chocobos have this whole thing wrapped up. Go Warkers.

"Only an egotistical bastard would sig himself." ~ FFnut

That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons even death may die.

Commander Of The Platinum Dragons

Official Ex-Member
FFnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 02:33 AM   #3

Shaggy
Administrator

Chocobos..no comparison..
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 08:49 AM   #4

Gumdrop
Highwind Pilot

I noticed generaly men tend to like chocobos and girls tent to like moogles, I wonder why that is?! I hope more girls come here, I want moogles to win ^_^
Old 12-24-2004, 04:37 PM   #5

Shaggy
Administrator

Never....chocobos will always be on top..
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2004, 12:22 PM   #6

primus
T-Rexuar Snack

Send a message via ICQ to primus
yah i liked the whole "chocobo world" thing in FFVIII although it was very unfair for those who have PS becuse they couldnt play it without a special cosole of some sort.
primus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 02:22 PM   #7
The Dark Paladin
T-Rexuar Snack

Send a message via AIM to The Dark Paladin
I would have to go with moogles, for one reason: can a chocobo bust out those great dance moves of Mog's from FF6? No. Moogles rule.
Old 12-30-2004, 04:51 PM   #8

Gumdrop
Highwind Pilot

yay another moogle vote ^_^ good reply too
Old 12-30-2004, 05:43 PM   #9

FFnut
Master Thief

Location: The space between dimensions... kinda like where Gilgamesh ends up in FF5.
Can any other moogle bust out Mog's dance moves? No. Mog's one-of-a-kind there. That doesn't help moogles as much as it just helps Mog. Remember, Mog is also the only moogle capable of speaking Human (I'm not saying english because the games were originally japanese) so he's more of a paragon of the moogle race - better than all other moogles. He's also the only moogle who lived through the end of the world and he has a yeti slave. He's too advanced to be compared to normal chocobos when normal moogles are the subject of this debate.

...wow, that was a lot of typing. And I'm not even done yet.

Another problem with moogles is that they are so specialized - they dance, most of the time for weak healing amounts. Chocobos have varying powers (Choco Meteor is one of the cheapest attacks a monster can use in FFT) as well as different movement abilities (green walks over mountains, blacks can fly and land in forests, etc.). Not to mention that even pieces of chocobos (most notably their feathers) can be equipped as accessories to provide bonuses to characters. I'm really having trouble seeing where a regular moogle is better than a regular chocobo.

Official Ex-Member
Old 12-30-2004, 08:13 PM   #10

Gumdrop
Highwind Pilot

i hate it when they cast choco meteo -_- moogles are just cuter and thats that :P would a chocobo let you save in ff9? no! all they do is make you breed them or play stupid mini games that take up hours of your time, just to get to locations that are slighty out of reach! *stopms on chocobo* meh, that will teach it to take up my time

*and cuddles moogle*
Old 12-31-2004, 12:14 AM   #11

FFnut
Master Thief

I couldn't stand FF9. It was one of the few RPGs that I've never played all the way through. But now we can turn to a less conventional Square game; Secret Of Evermore for SNES. In that game, a chocobo's egg increased your max health by a lot if you had one as a charm. What did moogles do? They weren't even good enough to be put into the game. Moogles are also a bigger waste of time than chocobos are. You know the mini-game "Mog House" in FF7? Try playing that without having any idea when you've fed Mog too much or too little. I lost all my gil, went out to get some more, lost it all again, and ended up breeding the gold chocobo in between playing this game. Eventually I figured out "Maybe when he jumps it's perfect" and it worked fine, but up until that point it wasted more time than chocobo breeding. I stand by the idea - no, the FACT - that chocobos are superior to moogles in every way.

...I have no life...

Official Ex-Member
Old 12-31-2004, 07:15 AM   #12

Gumdrop
Highwind Pilot

that's one game, so what? and mog house was easy, and at least you did not have to do it to get any special iteams! btw, I think ff9 ruled :P don't know what your problem is with it -_-
Old 12-31-2004, 01:47 PM   #13

FFnut
Master Thief

That's another thing, when did a moogle help you get a special item EVER?

Oh, about FF9... I don't know why I hate it so much, I'm just repelled by it. I couldn't stand playing it, probably because the gameplay was horrible, but I can't pick out any particular thing about the gameplay I didn't like.

Official Ex-Member
Old 12-31-2004, 04:01 PM   #14

Gumdrop
Highwind Pilot

its a good thing that you don't need them to get a special iteam, it means we don't have to spend hours breeding them or playing mini games -_-
Old 01-23-2005, 07:32 PM   #15

Zatsugaku
T-Rexuar Snack

ff10 really took a huge chunk out of my love for the almighty chocobo with those malevolent races, so boko and his kind still top that duo... but id have to say that cactuars rule my roost