Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > Final Fantasy Discussion > Final Fantasy VII
Community Mark Forums Read

Final Fantasy VII The Legendary Final Fantasy! Come talk about this classic Hit from 1997

Old 03-06-2005, 03:41 PM   #46

Spiff
Kung-Fu Fighter

Send a message via AIM to Spiff Send a message via MSN to Spiff
Dedication...
Spiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 09:59 PM   #47
Squally D
T-Rexuar Snack

Send a message via AIM to Squally D Send a message via MSN to Squally D Send a message via Yahoo to Squally D
I think you guys are missing the point. Sure, full MP gives Cid his full *bonus* but that doesn't mean straight nines on everything, especially bosses. With Vincent, there is basically no roof. More enemies equals more power until full damage is just a constant you can depend on. Then things like 4x Cut are nice.
Squally D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 03:35 AM   #48

ShadowHeart
Master Summoner

Send a message via MSN to ShadowHeart
Uh.. I've played with Cid many times, and he always dealt 9999 damage per hit with 4x Cut against anything after I equipped Venus Gospel. I very rarely use magic anyway after I have 4x Cut on everyone, you don't need it. I can't remember seeing Cid doing anything less than 9999 damage on anything with full MP. But it's been a while now since I played last time. Even if he has a possibility of dealing slightly less damage, it's in no way worth the time to build up Death Penalty in my opinion. I'm not sure if I'd even have the patience for it. His limit break sucks too, so no Vincent for me :P (Although, I AM considering maxing Vincent too when I play next time, just to be able to say that I have done it I guess, not to have him as one of my main characters).
Memories will fade
ShadowHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 03:49 AM   #49

~Hidan~
Highwind Pilot

Send a message via ICQ to ~Hidan~ Send a message via AIM to ~Hidan~ Send a message via MSN to ~Hidan~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Hidan~
Personally working for over 12 hours just for a character to be stronger is pontless, you can just about beat the game in that amount of time. Vincent is not cool enough to be with that kind of time, so peace.
Old 03-08-2005, 04:24 PM   #50

XeroFF7
Cactuar Thorn

Send a message via AIM to XeroFF7
man u like math 2 much plus people have there own chars on who they think is the greatest and in fact vincent is my fav but urs may be cloud or cid or who the hell cares the piont is the many people lik him because he is strong to them (maybe not 2 u) but to us he is great. so any way who is ur favorite. cause mine is Vincent Valentine the ex-turk
XeroFF7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 06:19 PM   #51

ShadowHeart
Master Summoner

I don't like math too much. I like math, plain and simple.

I'm not going to argue anymore about Vincent. I've said what I wanted to say about him.

I don't have any favourite characters really. Everyone is good in at least some way (except maybe Cait Sith, he's definitely nothing special), but noone is the best. I play with different character combinations every time.
Memories will fade
Old 03-15-2005, 03:28 AM   #52
Squally D
T-Rexuar Snack

Send a message via AIM to Squally D Send a message via MSN to Squally D Send a message via Yahoo to Squally D
Interesting.
I have mostly only played with two combos.... Cloud Vincent Cid and Cloud Barret Cid. Maybe I'm just not original enough.
I did run through with the girls once, and Yuffie does excellent at morphing, but I had a harder time with the game as a whole than when I just ran the guys.
Squally D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 05:30 AM   #53

ShadowHeart
Master Summoner

Well that could be because Barret and Cid have the most powerful limit breaks (well, after Cloud). Other than that, there shouldn't really be much difference.
Memories will fade
Old 03-17-2005, 06:20 PM   #54

Zynk
Vivi's Minder

Send a message via AIM to Zynk Send a message via Yahoo to Zynk
If you can get all of Tifas right its can hit for 69993 hit points
Old 03-17-2005, 07:10 PM   #55

ShadowHeart
Master Summoner

Sure, but it's extremely difficult to get all 7 on "YEAH" or whatever it says in yellow (can't remember). Then again, with her best weapon she should do 9999 damage even with normal "HIT". But it's very hard to not miss at least once or twice. I can't remember getting all 7 hits more than 2 or 3 times at most *ever*. I guess you can use the Square trick to help, although it didn't seem to help at all when I tried. The other characters won't miss nearly as easily (I've seen Cid miss with some missiles, but I don't recall Barret or Cloud ever missing a hit in their final limits, except against Ruby Weapon), and you don't need to spin some wheels and pray you don't get a miss.
Memories will fade
Old 03-17-2005, 08:31 PM   #56

Spiff
Kung-Fu Fighter

Send a message via AIM to Spiff Send a message via MSN to Spiff
I really didn't find that a problem, I got "Yeah" across the board a dozen times. (Maybe I just played more )
Spiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 07:24 AM   #57

ShadowHeart
Master Summoner

I've played and finished FF7 over 10 times, and used Tifa at least 3 of those playthroughs. Maybe I just suck at the spinning things. I do consider her limit the 4th best though.
Memories will fade
Old 04-01-2005, 05:34 PM   #58

Quezacotl
Vivi's Minder

I never even got all of her limits. =\ Even in my best game where I'd done absolutely everything, literally the only thing I hadn't done was get all of Tifa's limit breaks. I'm sure I'd been fighting with her for absolutely forever towards the end but I just never got it. But I wasn't really bothered anyway because I never used her apart from when I was forced to and for getting her to level 99 at the end.
Quezacotl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 08:26 PM   #59
ff_is_the_best
T-Rexuar Snack

hi everyone I love to play ff7 it is the best game in the whole world. but i want it on PC. does anyone know where i can get it?
ff_is_the_best is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 08:35 PM   #60

FFnut
Master Thief

Location: The space between dimensions... kinda like where Gilgamesh ends up in FF5.
Trust me, the PC version is awful. The chocobo races don't work on any operating system past Windows 98, and there's a nasty glitch on disc 2 where you basically have to change eighty different settings to get past one FMV. Many times the game will also freeze halfway through an FMV forcing you to play through the entire prior scene again (I am reminded painfully of the flashback sequence in Kalm, it froze as Sephiroth was revealing Jenova). The only reason I ever had it on PC was because I didn't have a PSX (and PS2 hadn't even been thought of yet) and my uncle had played it on his PSX and I really liked it. If you have the regular version, stick with that - it will save you a lot of aggravation.

"Only an egotistical bastard would sig himself." ~ FFnut

That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons even death may die.

Commander Of The Platinum Dragons

Official Ex-Member
FFnut is offline   Reply With Quote