Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > General > The Crypt
Community Mark Forums Read

The Crypt Resting place for locked threads. RIP

Old 12-19-2004, 12:03 AM   #16

FFnut
Master Thief

Location: The space between dimensions... kinda like where Gilgamesh ends up in FF5.
Wasn't "The End" something that randomly came up in Selphie's limit?

Anyway, one of my favorite parts of FFs would be the recurring things - monsters, summons, Cids, you name it. Tonberries have always been a lot of fun for me to think about - their Everyone's Grudge attack deals damage based on the number of monsters you've killed, which technically makes Tonberries revenge-seekers. Then there're Bombs, Cactuars, Malboros, Coeurls, Flans, etc... in most Final Fantasies you can just think about the strategy you used to defeat a particular type of monster that appeared in another one to take it out here (Coeurls, for example: powerful magic when they're sitting, and the nasty Blaster attack when they're standing up).

"Only an egotistical bastard would sig himself." ~ FFnut

That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons even death may die.

Commander Of The Platinum Dragons

Official Ex-Member
Old 12-19-2004, 08:49 AM   #17

Gumdrop
Highwind Pilot

yeah I love those reacurring things as well ^_^ you missed out moogles though, I love them the most
Old 12-19-2004, 01:55 PM   #18

FFnut
Master Thief

Location: The space between dimensions... kinda like where Gilgamesh ends up in FF5.
Heh, I just reread what I posted last time - I forgot chocobos too, can you believe it? I must have had a major memory lapse there.

Official Ex-Member
Old 12-19-2004, 04:12 PM   #19

Gumdrop
Highwind Pilot

now that you mention it you did! and I did not notice!!
Old 12-19-2004, 09:32 PM   #20

FFnut
Master Thief

I missed Behemoths, Ahrimans, Adamants, Sand Worms, and Zuus too... well, at least I'll make sure not to forget them anymore.

Official Ex-Member
Old 12-30-2004, 02:20 PM   #21
The Dark Paladin
T-Rexuar Snack

Send a message via AIM to The Dark Paladin
My favorite final fantasy game of all time would have to be FFIV, or FF2 for the SNES. It's a challenging game, and the ability to have 5 people in my party at once is a beautiful thing. Cecil rules, end of story.
Old 01-10-2005, 11:18 AM   #22

ShadowHeart
Master Summoner

Send a message via MSN to ShadowHeart
FF7 is my favourite one (and yes, it was also my first). Lots of great games in this series though.

And as for FF8.. well, it's fun, and not bad at all. But IMO it's one of the worst FF games. It's not the drawing and junction system that I don't like though, have no problems with that really.
Memories will fade
Old 01-14-2005, 10:15 PM   #23

Quezacotl
Vivi's Minder

FF8 was my favourite, I liked pretty much everything about it. The story was good, I thought the junction system was great, the music was good, about the only thing I didn't like about the game was Irvine.
Old 01-15-2005, 10:34 AM   #24

Shaggy
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quezacotl
FF8 was my favourite, I liked pretty much everything about it. The story was good, I thought the junction system was great, the music was good, about the only thing I didn't like about the game was Irvine.
How come you didn't like Irvine..
Old 01-23-2005, 11:37 PM   #25
Lion Heart
T-Rexuar Snack

FFVII is my favorite, with VIII in a close second. In my opinion those are the two best games of all time hands down. And you gotta love Sephiroth. Best. Villain. Ever.
Old 01-24-2005, 01:53 AM   #26

Shaggy
Administrator

Of course FFVII wasn't the best graphic wise...i really liked it. It was the one that got me into the FF crave!
Old 01-24-2005, 10:22 AM   #27

FFnut
Master Thief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Heart
FFVII is my favorite, with VIII in a close second. In my opinion those are the two best games of all time hands down. And you gotta love Sephiroth. Best. Villain. Ever.
Sephiroth pales in comparison to Kefka - anyone here who's played FF6 knows what I'm talking about. Sephiroth tries to become a god and fails. Kefka becomes a god without even planning on it, and destroys the world. Then the SECOND half of the game begins. Plus Kefka is funnier and he knew he was doing everything for a self-serving reason, he didn't blame his "Mother" for his taking over the world. Kefka > Sephiroth IN ALMOST EVERY POSSIBLE WAY (Pre-Insanity, which may or may not have even existed for Kefka, Sephiroth might have been able to kill Kefka. Once Kefka goes crazy, which, as I said previously, is debatable if there ever WAS such a time before he was psycho, the Kefka can beat Sephiroth in any manner.

Official Ex-Member
Old 01-24-2005, 01:54 PM   #28

XeroFF7
Cactuar Thorn

Send a message via AIM to XeroFF7
my favorite is final fantasy 7
and shaggy at the time the graphices were the best that ps1 could handle
Old 01-31-2005, 02:24 PM   #29

Lionheart97007
T-Rexuar Snack

Send a message via AIM to Lionheart97007
My Favorite would have to be FFVIII. It was the first one I played and it was what turned me to the FF world. Since then I've traced back to the originals on SNES and have played through almost every one (except FFXI). I liked the fact that Squall had like a want/need to be with Rinoa, it added cool moments to the story line. Also I loved that Gunblade that he gets near the end (hence my Login name).
Old 02-15-2005, 02:25 AM   #30

Chocobo-bo
T-Rexuar Snack

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFnut
Sephiroth pales in comparison to Kefka - anyone here who's played FF6 knows what I'm talking about. Sephiroth tries to become a god and fails. Kefka becomes a god without even planning on it, and destroys the world. Then the SECOND half of the game begins. Plus Kefka is funnier and he knew he was doing everything for a self-serving reason, he didn't blame his "Mother" for his taking over the world. Kefka > Sephiroth IN ALMOST EVERY POSSIBLE WAY (Pre-Insanity, which may or may not have even existed for Kefka, Sephiroth might have been able to kill Kefka. Once Kefka goes crazy, which, as I said previously, is debatable if there ever WAS such a time before he was psycho, the Kefka can beat Sephiroth in any manner.
Okay I would have never agreed with you until you mentioned the fact that Sephiroth blames everything on his mother. Now that you have brought that to my attention I realize it's my mother's fault that I'm currently unemployed and also her fault that I play too many video games. I may just quote you to my mother the next time she says that I'm playing too many games. Your argument was so good that now i believe that Kefka and Sephiroth are tied for the best villain ever in a video game. (I will also include Bowser because he was so difficult when i was six )