Forums | RPG | Guild

Go Back   Final Fantasy Network > General > Serious Discussion and Debates
Community Mark Forums Read

Serious Discussion and Debates For serious subjects. Curent events, news, religion, politics and science. As this is a debate forum posts in here MUST HAVE at least 20 words and be relevent to the discussion.

Old 12-16-2006, 01:00 AM   #16

Oolyan
Cactuar Thorn

Re: Guns & school

yeah cause just being suspended is crazy you should go to jail

-Anton LaVey,1986
I will always love you Miyu!
Oolyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 01:27 AM   #17

Lyde Lyde
Moogle Farmer

Send a message via Yahoo to Lyde Lyde

It is terrible to here about these experiences. I am more known to this happening in Middle Schools more than High Schools, what really needs to be taught is the parents to lock their guns away and don't even tell their children that they own one. It is a terrible travesty corrupting our society today. For some it's not the parents fault they may not own guns, but they find a way to get one anyway, truly melancholy.

It's pronounced (lid-e) (la-day) get it right!
Lyde Lyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 02:36 AM   #18

Seyluv
*Isu's Empress/Wife*

I agree with you there.
Old 12-16-2006, 06:44 PM   #19

Kat
k i t t y .

Send a message via AIM to Kat Send a message via MSN to Kat

If some one were to bring a gun into my school,they would get kicked out of school,and can never go back

The perfect Example of: Imperfection
Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 11:25 PM   #20

Seyluv
*Isu's Empress/Wife*

So far it been like four or five people in the past two years had bring a gun into our school.
Old 12-16-2006, 11:37 PM   #21

Kat
k i t t y .

O.O what school do you go to?

Old 12-17-2006, 12:05 AM   #22
blukazoo159
Moogle Farmer

i personally believe that for a first time offender, 6 months house arrest, and 1 year counceling. mulitipal offences, jail time, up to 10 years in some cases, counceling, and 3 years community services. but that is just me.

thank you EmpressCrystal for the sig!!!

dragon ball Z rp game!!!!
link
check it out!!!
blukazoo159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 12:06 AM   #23

Seyluv
*Isu's Empress/Wife*

I don't even wanna nasme it, cause my school has a really bad rep. Everyone knows about my scool.
Old 12-17-2006, 01:47 AM   #24

Kat
k i t t y .

lol okay but are you sure its worse than Rockford school district? >.> that place is horrible

Old 12-17-2006, 02:42 AM   #25

Seyluv
*Isu's Empress/Wife*

I never heard of it, everyone be saying that my school is bad. That it needs to be close down. WE just got a new principal this year, he said "I heard about you guys, I heard you all rubn this school. But, as long as I'm here I will change this school."
Old 12-17-2006, 04:18 AM   #26

Doctor
Highwind Captain

Send a message via AIM to Doctor

If a person at school brought a gun, shot someone, and the person they shot died...Well, I would consider that homicide. It wouldn't matter if the offender was just shooting at random and they didn't mean to do it (or at least they CLAIM to not mean it,) they should not only get expelled, but they should spend many, many years in prison...There is no excuse for taking someone's life.

However, even if the offender did NOT kill anyone, the offender should still get expelled. Someone who has such a problem that they would bring a gun to school and intentionally shoot people does not belong in a school at all.

(Or they could be just a plain psychopath--in any case, if I were the principle of a school, I would not want anyone like that to be in it.)
Old 12-17-2006, 04:37 AM   #27

Seyluv
*Isu's Empress/Wife*

Yeah, I strongly agree with you.
Old 12-18-2006, 02:55 AM   #28

Kite
Vivi's Minder

Yeah but if someone is accidentally shot, it's not considered Homicide but Manslaughter...so depending on why the person did it (chances are they would pass a teenager with manslaughter, due to undeveloped mindset) it could be counted as Voluntary Manslaughter...

Voluntary manslaughter cases where the defendant may have an intent to cause death or serious injury, but the potential liability for murder is mitigated by the circumstances and state of mind. The most common example is the so-called heat of passion killing, such as where the defendant is provoked into a loss of control by unexpectedly finding a spouse in the arms of a lover or witnessing an attack against his or her child.

There have been two types of voluntary manslaughter recognized in law, although they are so closely related and in many cases indistinguishable that many jurisdictions do not differentiate between them.

Provocation. This is a killing caused by an event or situation which would probably cause a reasonable person to lose self-control and kill.
Heat of Passion. In this situation, the actions of another cause the defendant to act in the heat of the moment and without reflection.

...most people in these situations go in with an intentto kill but according to Psychs they would never do it intentionally because the teenage mind is not fully developed, many plead Insanity to escape the penalties, or they may get away with just psych counciling. Another back-up of the 'manslaughter' case is this...

Most countries allow conditions that "affect the balance of the mind" to be regarded as mitigating circumstances. This means that a person may be found guilty of "manslaughter" on the basis of "diminished responsibility" rather than murder, if it can be proved that the killer was suffering from a condition that affected their judgment at the time. Depression, post-traumatic stress disorder and medication side-effects are examples of conditions that may be taken into account when assessing responsibility.

...Depression is usually what causes kids to bring guns or other weapons to school, things such as teasing or social status cause many cases of this. So a student bringing a gun to school can get no more than (MOST CASES) than coucniling and most likely will not be sent to prison unless they actually come in and point it at someon, threaten them and then blow their brains out (and that's if it is more than one person they do that to). If it is accidentally there is a guarentee of no jail time for minors.

"I can feel it, the power, it feels like its speaking to me...it feels...Wonderful..." - Kite Sekase, Captain of Hunter Team Alpha
Kite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 10:19 PM   #29

Seyluv
*Isu's Empress/Wife*

Yeah, I know. Depression cause a lot of things.
Old 12-20-2006, 09:53 AM   #30

dappa
Master Summoner

Its a bit extreme to bring a gun to school though and start shooting the place up, even if your depressed.

When people used to bully me I just slashed all their tyres on their bikes and made them walk home all the time. I got caught doing it and ended up getting suspended for a week.

Any form of retribution is wrong though, even slashing tyres.